PDA

View Full Version : The perfect cat?

cats4ever
07-07-2019, 02:03 PM
For the low, low price of $ 99.99 you can have now a cat without the vomit, pee, poop and dander that usually comes with it. I found this at a CVS pharmacy.

Something just seems wrong with that:

phesina
07-07-2019, 05:13 PM
Good grief!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

orangemm
07-08-2019, 12:16 PM
I’ve seen these on the internet. They’re mostly geared for seniors with dementia or those in a nursing home, where they wouldn’t be able to have a real cat. Makes sense to me!

mon
07-08-2019, 01:01 PM
Bought my Mother in law one, she's crazy about it. Hers is a little dog however, has its own little pillow and wiggles if you put batteries in it. She even named it.She is far too lazy to even feed a live pet and travels a lot. She lives in Zihuataneo, where it's very humid and batteries are fairly useless there. Must confess I enjoy live animals myself but..... to each his own. As I get older it seems harder to find things that float your boat so, whatever is not harmful and brings you joy, I say YES!!

cats4ever
07-08-2019, 05:12 PM
Bought my Mother in law one, she's crazy about it. Hers is a little dog however, has its own little pillow and wiggles if you put batteries in it. She even named it.She is far too lazy to even feed a live pet and travels a lot. She lives in Zihuataneo, where it's very humid and batteries are fairly useless there. Must confess I enjoy live animals myself but..... to each his own. As I get older it seems harder to find things that float your boat so, whatever is not harmful and brings you joy, I say YES!!

I guess you're right. Especially for people who used to have a real pet.
It just caught me off guard when I saw that. I think the pictures made me somewhat uncomfortable, maybe because my dad (he's in Germany) developed dementia and he was moved to a care facility earlier this year, and we haven't been on speaking terms for 25 years, and now it's too late.

Felicia's Mom
07-08-2019, 08:10 PM
That's something I would like. I live in an Assisted Living, and pets are not allowed.

I don't care about it meowing or moving. Being life size and looking real is enough for me.

mon
07-08-2019, 09:26 PM
You should get one for yourself then, they look very lifelike and I'm sure you could get one for far less than 100$ you might check on Amazon, not sure about shipping cost.j

mon
07-08-2019, 09:38 PM
I guess you're right. Especially for people who used to have a real pet.
It just caught me off guard when I saw that. I think the pictures made me somewhat uncomfortable, maybe because my dad (he's in Germany) developed dementia and he was moved to a care facility earlier this year, and we haven't been on speaking terms for 25 years, and now it's too late.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Da, Germany is pretty far away. Given his dementia, the trip and visit might be weirder than the estrangement in the end if you chose to go. My mother is pretty old and only 20 mins. away. I haven't spoken to her in years. I will certainly never see her again before she passes and that's my choice. It's for the best in some cases. Definately in my case 😻