PDA

View Full Version : We made it through...

Cookiebaker
12-31-2002, 09:01 PM
Marigold seems to be over & done with her heat that she was going through this last week. I am so glad to have my snuggly kittty back!! All of last week, she didn't eat, didn't use her litterbox :eek:, constantly paced, and meryowled at the top of her lungs. Tonight, she wanted to come inside, and has been very affectionate and purrful. I'm *SO* happy!!!! :D

AmberLee
01-01-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
... Tonight, she wanted to come inside, and has been very affectionate and purrful. ...

Whew!! What a relief. Hope this is a good omen that your year will be a healing one!

neko1
01-01-2003, 07:01 AM
Boy I know how rough a heat cycle is, glad to hear it's over. Are you planning on getting her spayed?

Cookiebaker
01-01-2003, 07:38 AM
She is already spayed. We rescued her from the humane society, and they require that before any animal leaves their place that they are fixed. We paid to have her fixed, and what my current vet (whom I trust & like a lot) thinks is that they didn't get all the tissue out. She (my vet) said that to go back in would be very expensive, painful and probably not very successful and we decided against further surgery. So she can't get pregnant, but she can drive us crazy with her hormones. So she goes into these crazy heat cycles at odd times of the year, sometimes only for a day or two. She's a Dr Jekyll/Mr. Hyde kind of kitty when it happens. :rolleyes: