PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy update!

phesina
05-09-2019, 07:42 PM
This evening I was sitting on the couch watching TV.. and Galaxy got up on it next to me, then walked partially onto my lap! She didn't settle down, but she stayed there for a little while as I petted her and told her how much I love her!

Then she jumped off and started loudly "asking" me for more food, her more usual activity.

I'm so happy!

I will post some more photos of her soon.

Cheers!
- Pat

Purrrs!
- Galaxy, and Sparkler too

Queen of Poop
05-10-2019, 12:48 PM
So wonderful that she's doing so well and is so loved in her new home! Brought a smile to my face picturing her looking for lovies.

So happy for you, Sparkler and Galaxy.

tatsxxx11
05-10-2019, 02:09 PM
Yay!!! Good going, Galaxy! You've made your mommy SO happy, and proud!!!:cool: Keep up the good work, sweetheart!:love:

Karen
05-10-2019, 02:23 PM
Here are pretty Galaxy's latest photos!

phesina
05-10-2019, 02:34 PM
Thank you, Karen!

In the second picture, that's Galaxy off to the left, and Sparkler is way over on the right. I think Sparkler is playing that classic cat move "If I don't see it, it isn't there!"

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

phesina
05-10-2019, 02:36 PM
Thank you, Gayle and Sandra! Yes, Sparkler and I are quite pleased with and grateful for Galaxy's behavior there. I will keep you all posted.

cats4ever
05-10-2019, 05:53 PM
Galaxy is so beautiful, and she looks so content. And look how close she is to Sparkler.
Pat, you did a tremendous job getting her settled in!:love:

phesina
05-10-2019, 07:30 PM
As I was watching the TV evening news, Galaxy came over, got on the couch, briefly stepped on my lap with her front feet. She let me pet her a bit, then got down again.

I am delighted to take whatever favors she bestows!

phesina
05-10-2019, 07:31 PM
Galaxy is so beautiful, and she looks so content. And look how close she is to Sparkler.
Pat, you did a tremendous job getting her settled in!:love:

Thank you, Heidi! Galaxy did the hardest work!

mbsmum
05-11-2019, 12:58 AM
Galaxy is beautiful, Great job Pat getting her so far.:love:

phesina
05-11-2019, 05:51 AM
Thank you, Prathima, from Galaxy and me!

Randi
05-11-2019, 08:47 AM
Galaxy is beautiful, Pat! I enjoyed seeing the pics. She seems quite relaxed and getting used to her new wonderful home. :) She looks a lot like Fister's mom.

Kisses to her and Sparkler! :love: :love:

phesina
05-11-2019, 09:21 AM
Thank you, Randi, from Galaxy and me. Fister's Mom Angel probably had something to do with bringing us together!

cassiesmom
05-23-2019, 10:30 PM
Gentle pats from me to Sparkler and Galaxy! ❤️

phesina
05-24-2019, 05:20 AM
Thank you, Elyse!

Purrrrrs,
Sparkler and Galaxy

Lucho
06-02-2019, 09:36 AM
Sparkler and Galaxy are looking good! Give them both some pets from me :love::love::cool:

phesina
06-02-2019, 03:48 PM
Will do! Thanks from Sparkler and Galaxy and me!

cassiesmom
06-06-2019, 09:40 PM
Hello again, beautiful ladies!

phesina
06-07-2019, 05:12 AM
Thank you, Elyse, from Sparkler and Galaxy!

Galaxy often comes over to jump up next to me on the couch and walk on my lap, even stay for some petting!

And one afternoon when I was lying down for a nap, I felt this ..presence next to the bed. Sure enough, it was her! And she jumped up onto the bed and settled down next to me for some petting and stayed for a little while. That hasn't happened again.. yet, anyway. Here's hoping!

Randi
06-07-2019, 06:40 AM
How nice that Galaxy has settled in and wants cuddles, and even jumps on the bed. Nothing better than having a cat laying next to you. I hope she will continue doing that. :)

Does Sparkler get jealous when you cuddle with Galaxy? I hope they like each other and spend some time together.

phesina
06-07-2019, 12:47 PM
Sparkler has her pretty-much regular cuddle sessions getting up on the couch by me for petting as I watch the TV news. If anything, I wonder if Galaxy is a bit jealous of her!

Galaxy got on my lap again about an hour ago, stayed for a bit!!!

She has some rather big mats in her fur on the right side close to her rear end (some on the left, too, but not as many or as bad). I don't know how best to tackle those. I don't want her to start thinking I'm not to be trusted after all if she gets on my lap!

I touched them briefly and lightly, tried to gently pull the edge of one of the big ones a bit apart. She accepted that, but I don't think she would accept much more than that, at least not at this point.

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks from Galaxy and me! And Sparkler too, of course. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cats4ever
06-07-2019, 05:46 PM
I'm glad that Galaxy has settled in so well. :love: She is trusting you quite a bit by sitting in your lap.
As far as the mats are concerned, you are right not to force anything, because sometimes the skin underneath can be tender.
I would continue those cuddle and petting sessions, and make sure that every time she's in your lap to just touch her all over, petting her across the mats, but not pulling anything.
Give her another couple of weeks before you try any more than that. You can also try some brushing sessions, again, not trying to brush the mats yet. Just so that she gets used to the touch of the brush.

phesina
06-07-2019, 07:44 PM
Thanks, Heidi, from Galaxy and me! Good advice.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Felicia's Mom
06-17-2019, 09:24 PM
I'm glad everything is going well with you!

phesina
06-18-2019, 06:11 AM
Thank you, Nancy!

Galaxy has a couple of times come and settled on my lap for some petting and purring time!

cassiesmom
06-21-2019, 12:25 AM
That’s wonderful news! Gentle pats and love for Galaxy and Sparkler from me. ❤️

phesina
06-21-2019, 05:54 AM
Thanks, Elyse! I've slowly been taming her and teaching her how to treat a cat. I reward her by stepping on her lap when she does something right.

Love from Galaxy! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: