PDA

View Full Version : *YOUR SCREEN NAME*

wolf_Q
12-31-2002, 10:27 AM
Now, I know this has been posted before.....but it's been a while, there's new members, etc....and the last one was posted somewhere strange where not as many people would see it. I think it was dog breeds or something.

Anyway, why did you choose your screen name??

Mine is because I love wolves, and my last name starts with a Q. I've used this same screen name for at least 5 years lol. :D

AmylovesMisty
12-31-2002, 10:31 AM
My name is amy and i love my dog misty...pretty simple

wolf_Q
12-31-2002, 10:34 AM
Thanks for replying. :) I am Amy too....there's several people with that name on here lol.

CoopsMom
12-31-2002, 10:38 AM
My name is Val, but I got a puppy... Cooper almost 2 months ago now (time's flying) so now I'm CoopsMom. Hopefully Bonnie and Willow, my kitty girls won't find out! They'd be jealous!!!!

Randi
12-31-2002, 10:41 AM
Mine is obvious - real name, I couldn't come up with something better at the time I registered. ;)

mugsy
12-31-2002, 10:42 AM
I was given the nickname mugsy when I was in high school (back in the dark ages...I thought I would beat Mike to the punch) by a good friend of mine when we were on a summer canoe trip to Quetico Provincial Park in Ontario. He started calling me mugsy or mugs for some unknown reason and it just stuck.

lovemyshiba
12-31-2002, 10:44 AM
Because I just adore my Shiba Inu!!! That's my lack of creativity. But now I have my Abbey too, but she can't see the computer screen, so hopefully she won't get too jealous:)

joycenalex
12-31-2002, 10:56 AM
alex is my first dog, so the joyce n alex was easy to come up with. now that duke the golden is here, joycealexduke seems so long, so i will stick with the first

RockyRoad
12-31-2002, 11:06 AM
Obviously because my pets are Floppsy, Lady, and Sally!;) The '89 is not the year I was born, as others have asked me. It was the # on my old screen name, so I just put it there.

The Cat Factory
12-31-2002, 11:17 AM
Mine is from a website I have been making for the past 4 years that I am too lazy to finish :)

12-31-2002, 11:28 AM
What a difficult question :confused: :confused:

Ha ha , LOL , my screenname is just my real name : LUT (which is short for Lutgarde -> yuck !!!) !

Chinadoll
12-31-2002, 11:31 AM
I usually use my name, Tiff, for the boards I post on...but I think that was taken here already or I just assumed it was because this site has so many more members than the other places I post.

Anywhoo, Chinadoll is a nickname given to me by the ladies of the accounting office of a club I used to work at. They said I looked like one of those porcelain china dolls.

neko1
12-31-2002, 12:35 PM
Neko is the first kitty in my gang of 4, hence the name Neko1..I don't know, I've just always used it for everything!

Uabassoon
12-31-2002, 12:37 PM
I go to the U of A and I play bassoon.

Rocky'smomma
12-31-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I go to the U of A and I play bassoon.
university of arkansas???? alabama?? arizona???

RockyRoad
12-31-2002, 01:12 PM
Lut, I love that name!! I've been thinking that if I ever have kids, I will name the girl Lutgarde! I don't know why, it just sounds so pretty!:)

Tina
12-31-2002, 01:19 PM
Well my screen name is my real name Tina. I couldn't think of a better name at the time.

luckies4me
12-31-2002, 01:26 PM
My screen name is from my Cat LUCKY! I tried to get Luckys4me but it was taken so I chose luckies4me, it had to be something about LUCKY!:D

jenluckenbach
12-31-2002, 02:24 PM
I forget......senility setting in????? j/k

just my name....couldn't very well be called

AmberAshleyBiddyCalvinFernJasperJimKimLucasMonte RutherfordSterlingWillowsMom

could I?????

Karen
12-31-2002, 02:31 PM
My username is just my given first name, Karen! When you are the first to register on a board, you get whatever you want! ;)

ChrisH
12-31-2002, 03:47 PM
ChrisH = Christine Haggar, sooooo uninventive! :)

Aspen and Misty
12-31-2002, 03:58 PM
My screen name is my cat's Misty's name. She WAS the meanest kitty out there, so I adopted her into my room and she lived in my room fro probly about 5 out of her 7 years. I finally turned her into the most lovy kitty you will ever meet and me and her have a special bond no one can brake.

The part Aspen in my screen name is named after my Hamster Aspen. He was a mean old booger. I never touched him, no ONCE. He was so evil. LOL. He didn't like people. Sadly, unlike misty I couldn't turn him nto a lovy aniaml :( .

Also, they were the only pets I had at the time so Aspen and Misty seemed perfect.

Ash

NoahsMommy
12-31-2002, 03:58 PM
I am Noah's Mommy....and we only had him when I first joined. :)

Desert Arabian
12-31-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I forget......senility setting in????? j/k

just my name....couldn't very well be called

AmberAshleyBiddyCalvinFernJasperJimKimLucasMonte RutherfordSterlingWillowsMom

could I?????

Imagine trying to type that in every time you wanted to log on. :eek: ;) I think just about everyone can guess why I am "YellowLabLover". :D

Cookiebaker
12-31-2002, 04:03 PM
I used to hate making cookies...they never ever turned out right. Then one day (it happened to be the day I needed to choose a screen name) , I had a batch turn out perfectly, and since then I have loved the challange of it, and thus my name...Cookiebaker!! (I use the name for everything) :D

catland
12-31-2002, 04:27 PM
We took our failed attempt at a pumpkin patch in our back yard (too much shade) and made it into a kitty playground. Some wood a little ornamental grass...

One day I dubbed it "catland".

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/p7c8162525343eb74d16855f920518192/fd0b04ab.jpg

Cataholic
12-31-2002, 05:33 PM
Well, my name is because of my addiction to cats..Cataholic, and because everyone where I work is Catholic, and one of my bosses calls over the top Catholics, Cathoholics..which is kinda funny to me (being non catholic..he he he)...so, Cataholic it is!

Plus, if I went with my given name, you all would be saying it wrong, as you typed, and I would 'feel' it, and be bothered by it..:p :p :p :D :D

Vermontcat
12-31-2002, 05:45 PM
I chose my screen name for a few reasons...

The first reason is obvious, I live in Vermont and I own a cat.:)
The second reason is that my cat looks like a "holstein cow cat" or a moo-cow kitty and Vermont is known to have a lot of holstein cows in it.
(just think of Ben & Jerry's ice cream logo);)
The third reason is that the mascot for the college I went to was a catamount and they are also called Vermont Cats:)

Crikit
12-31-2002, 06:59 PM
I got mine from work...both stores actually. I was goofying off one day with one of my friends and showing her how to do something and started to call her grasshopper and she decided that I needed to be called an insect as well and she choose cricket, adn just recently the guy I work with in recieving decided he was going to call me that. the spelling happened just 'cause I can't spell.

Kfamr
12-31-2002, 07:17 PM
Well.. when my other computer crashed, i lost my cookies lmao.... and i forgot the password to my old one... so "Kfamr" stand for K= KayAnn... Fam- Family..... R- Room... which the computer i'm on is in the familyroom... eh.. I liked my old sign in better " BaSim"

COCatMama
12-31-2002, 07:24 PM
Mine is my name :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-31-2002, 07:36 PM
My name is Sara and I love my Tinky cat.... hence
Sara luvs her Tinky...
Jupiter came after I joined sooooooo that is why he is not in my sign on..

babolaypo65
12-31-2002, 07:47 PM
when i was little i couldnt pronounce my name. i called myself babolaypo. it stuck. my family has always called me that as a nickname.

Lillycat
12-31-2002, 08:56 PM
my name is lilly (lillian) and i loooooove cats, so i am lillycat......

krazyaboutkatz
12-31-2002, 09:07 PM
Mine is very easy to understand too. I'm crazy about cats but I wanted a more unique spelling so I decided on krazyaboutkatz. :)

Twisterdog
12-31-2002, 11:27 PM
Twister was a very long-term rescue dog that I had. She was difficult to place, and I had her a long time before finding her the perfect home. She had a lot of issues, had been abused, was a very difficult case. She made my life a living hell for a long time, but I loved her dearly anyway. Now she is spoiled rotten, the queen of her new family. My screen name reminds me that rescue does work, and that every animal deserves a chance.

shais_mom
01-01-2003, 12:08 AM
I love hearing everyone's reasons!
Mine is b/c I am, and always will be "shais_mom".
Shai was my beloved greyhound, Shaianne, my 'firstborn', my forever dog, my heart dog. My love for her turned me into the person I am today and turned me onto this site, so I owe it all to her!

iceyshiver21
01-01-2003, 12:34 AM
From cookiebaker
I used to hate making cookies...they never ever turned out right. Then one day (it happened to be the day I needed to choose a screen name) , I had a batch turn out perfectly, and since then I have loved the challange of it, and thus my name...Cookiebaker!! (I use the name for everything)

thats kinda how i got mine, somthing that happend erilier that day, i was walking between me and amandas yard and somthing that had been bugging me earlier, It just hit me and i got a shiver and ive somtimes i get called Icey, from the way i stand up for what i belive in because i tend to shoot people down pretty quick.

Popcorn's one of my bird's name and he's a bird....................duh.............LOL! So, hence the name Popcornbird. I was going to do PopcornandMuffinBirdies but I thought that would be too long. I love that name "PopcornandMuffinBirdies!!! and last but ny fav. Karen! thats funny out of any name but thats what i would have done. :)

COCatMama
01-01-2003, 12:37 AM
I loooooovveeeee PPB's nick cause it reminds me of how my little feather- butt smelt awwww just like popcorn! *sobs* I miss her.

toughCookie
01-01-2003, 04:27 AM
I chose my screen name, because I joined pettalk not long after my cat, Cookie, was put to sleep. she went thru so much by such a young age,I had nicknamed her(tough)Cookie. so that's all I could think of for a name when I joined.

HoRsELUvR
01-01-2003, 09:37 AM
mine is reeaal original.I love horses.i couldn't think of anything better,so i just decided to play around with the letters a little bit.

Andie
01-01-2003, 11:14 AM
It's a nickname. I hate my real name Andrea (I think cuz I was never called anything but Ann unless I was in trouble or at school) but a friend of mine also had a friend whose name was Ann, and since I also hate my middle name (Dawn) she started calling me Ann D. Slowly it went from Ann D to what it sounds like, Andie! Ain't I so creative! lol :p

COCatMama
01-01-2003, 01:06 PM
LoL Andie
My real name is weird enough as it is...but on other places on the 'net I'm most often known as SnowyOwl, or my medieval society name Arianwen. :D

anna_66
01-01-2003, 09:57 PM
Mines real original too:rolleyes:
My name is Anna & my birth year is 1966!

LoudLou
01-01-2003, 10:43 PM
I chose LoudLou because Louie is our soon to be 4yr old Corgi and as his Daddy, the Meezer Beans, and the WHOLE neighborhood will tell you Louie IS LOUD :D :D

Cincy'sMom
01-02-2003, 07:19 PM
Ralph found pet talk before me and at the time we only had sadie so he became Sadie'sDad. When I joined, we Cincy had been with us for about 2 months and so she had her place too, I became Cincy'sMom :)

KrustyKrabbs
01-03-2003, 07:03 AM
Mine is just because I like Spongebob!

sandragonfly
01-03-2003, 07:13 PM
My name's Gina - Animals are my passion...definitely. No favorites...Scorpions...Snakes...Skunks... I love the ants to humpback whales to the moon and back. I knew I could see every single of animals in...some ark! Har har har...Inc...added for fun! Good? Bad? :D

scarlett
01-03-2003, 08:37 PM
hey,

my screen name comes from my dog scarlett.my real name is marylyn.:) take care;)

scarlett

Christiansmommy
01-03-2003, 08:45 PM
My name is actually my son's (skin kid) name...(Christian)...i was in the process of rehoming my cat, that I had at the time I joined Pettalk...Gabe (who is now Sasvermont's cat)...so i didnt want to use his name in my screen name, b/c i knew I wouldnt have him much longer and it wasnt until a few months ago that i got a new cat...and just havent changed my name to something with Dandy (my new cats name) in it...so thats my story behing my screen name...I know, i can get long winded :)

Robyn

shais_mom
01-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Robyn!
Dandy is simply breathtaking!! She looks alot like my Kylie!!

Christiansmommy
01-03-2003, 09:42 PM
Hey thanks :) I just checked out your website with Kylie and they could be sisters :)

wolf_Q
05-08-2003, 12:17 AM
Thought I'd bring this thread up from the dead.....there's quite a few new members now. :)

Cheshirekatt
05-08-2003, 12:35 AM
Mine's pretty easy. I love the Cheshire Cat and my nickname is Kat. My real name is Jeanine, but only my mom and dad call me that. My really close friends call me Kitty Kat For my e-mail I just add _smile to the end of it: Cheshirekatt_smile. You know, like when the Cheshire Cat is being cheerfully unhelpful. :D I use the same name for everything, otherwise I forget. It's one variation I've come up with that's never taken.

I even have a tattoo.

Soledad
05-08-2003, 12:37 AM
I have a preoccupation with peculiar Spanish first names. They have such dark meanings at times. Like Dolores, which means pain and misery. Who would name their kid that?

I picked Soledad because I think it sounds beautiful, but I also think solitude is quite beautiful as well. But it seems to have confused EVERYONE here into thinking I'm either a solo dad or a hermit. :p ;)

binka_nugget
05-08-2003, 12:41 AM
my original screen name for Pettalk was Kai. Kai is my pup's name...so I just picked it. But then I decided to change it to binka_nugget..my normal screen name for everything else...I changed it for claritys sake. I got binka_nugget from 2 dogs owned by Daniel Radcliffe..aka Harry Potter. He has two BC's...or collies....can't remember...one named binka..another nugget

iceyshiver21
05-08-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Soledad
I have a preoccupation with peculiar Spanish first names. They have such dark meanings at times. Like Dolores, which means pain and misery. Who would name their kid that?

I picked Soledad because I think it sounds beautiful, but I also think solitude is quite beautiful as well. But it seems to have confused EVERYONE here into thinking I'm either a solo dad or a hermit. :p ;)

I was confused for a little bit too..

Dogz
05-08-2003, 08:09 AM
When I first came to Pet Talk I had no clue what my name should be. I love dogs so... Dogz it is!

ramanth
05-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Ramanth was the name of my imaginary dragon when I was a child. I first started using it as my online name in 1996. :D

ILoveReptiles
05-08-2003, 10:53 AM
Well mine is pretty self explanatory... I love reptiles and I own 7 as pets.

By the way, my name is Amy too!

slick
05-08-2003, 11:06 AM
My name if Vickie but I've used the nickname Slick for about 12 years. An ex-coworker called me Slick one day and the name just stuck. I use it at work for all my login names and email addresses.

slleipnir
05-08-2003, 11:38 AM
wow, I thought I had posted on this, but I guess I haden't :rolleyes: I like this thread, I just read through it all cause a lot of ppl's names I was curious about, now I know :p

My name, slleipnir, really spelt sleipnir, I could have swarn I signed up as that :o lol anyway is from the norse mythology. Sleipnir was an 8 legged horse belonging to the god Odin. I picked this named cause at the time I couldn't think of anything else, and my sn on aim was that (probably why I had the 2 'l's ) I always found stuff like that interesting so..

HayleyRosie
05-08-2003, 12:11 PM
Mine is easy to understand. Hayley is my beautiful kitten. I didn't get Mandy for some time later. My name is Rosemary but my family calls me Rosie so I used that. Put together you get HayleyRosie.

moosmom
05-08-2003, 12:27 PM
My real name is Donna. My screenname is Moosmom. I have a Sphynx kitty named MooShoo. I call him Moo for short. Hence the name! :D

ParNone
05-08-2003, 12:44 PM
I needed a screen name for the first message board I ever
participated in, which was about 7 yrs ago for Xena. The
big catch phrase in the TV commercials for Xena was:
Battle On Xena!! I also happened to be really into Golf at that
time, so I decided to combine the two, to get Par On. But I really
sucketh at Golf, so figured, Par None was more appropriate.

Par...

Dakota's Mommy
05-08-2003, 01:11 PM
When I signed up, Dakota was the only puppy we had so I signed up as Dakota's Mommy, it was quite a few months after we had gotten Dakota when we got Destiny, and now we've added Sierra. So, instead of changing my name, I just keep it because she was our 1st, but not our oldest, baby!

primabella
05-08-2003, 02:35 PM
I was going to join this message board awhile back and wanted to be called "Bella" which is a name that my mom calls all her daughters. (and she calls my brother "Bello") It's like a tradition with all my relatives too. Anyways, the name Bella was taken so I decided I was gonna be the first Bella. The word "Prima" means first in Italian and so primabella was created. I then used it over here :p

wolflady
05-08-2003, 03:18 PM
My screen name comes from when I was in college, and spent a lot of time volunteering at Wolf Park in Battle Ground, IN. A lot of my friends started calling me "wolflady" and it just stuck. I started using it for everything: email, screen names, chat names...etc...
:D
**hugs**

PayItForward
05-08-2003, 04:41 PM
My name comes from my favorite film. I also like the concept (like karma), do good to other people, they should 'pay forward' the good deed, eventually it will come round the world back to you. i.e. Try and do good.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-08-2003, 05:45 PM
My dog's name is Abby, hence, ILoveMyAbbyGirl... I always call her Abby Girl when I praise her... :rolleyes:

Kerri Greyson
05-08-2003, 06:02 PM
mine is easy to: it is my name; I am not that creative when it comes to names.:D

slleipnir
05-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Heh, how many times do you suppose the word 'hence' has been used so far in this thread? :rolleyes: lol Gotta love the word :p

iceyshiver21
05-08-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Heh, how many times do you suppose the word 'hence' has been used so far in this thread? :rolleyes: lol Gotta love the word :p

that would makes me sound smart hence i use it.

wolfsoul
05-08-2003, 07:11 PM
My name is Jordan, but I picked this screen name because I love wolves, and adding soul just sounded so pretty :) It sounded all spirtual or fantasy-like and I love things like that :D

*LabLoverKEB*
05-08-2003, 08:46 PM
Well, I am a LabLover, and my nickname is Kaela, I don't know why I even got that nickname, because it isn't anywhere close to my real name, I know, it's wierd!;)

tikeyas_mom
05-08-2003, 09:02 PM
mine is lame lol... My dog is Tikeya so I made my name Tikeyas_mom.. original eh? well Tikeya in inuit means "leader of the wolf pack" so thats kinda cute ;).

zanzanfergie
05-09-2003, 07:01 AM
My rabbits' names are Zander and Fergus, but their nicknames are Zanzan and Fergiebabe...whence, Zanzanfergie was born. ;)

My real name is Sarah, though.