PDA

View Full Version : If trees could talk

cats4ever
04-28-2019, 03:03 PM
My house came with this beautiful Japanese maple. I happen to have the same kind in a pot.
So I imagined a conversation those two could have:
Big Tree (BT): Where did you come from? You sort of look like me.
Little Tree(LT): I'm not sure. Somebody put me on this big dark thing and it started moving. Then it stopped, and here I am.
BT: Why are your feet in this thing? Why are you so small? What do you mean it started moving?
LT: All those questions! I'm just a tree like you.
BT: You're right. Let's grow old together.

61673 61674

phesina
04-28-2019, 04:38 PM
Oh, how nice! They're both gorgeous. They'll make a great couple!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Vette
04-28-2019, 09:22 PM
Theyre so pretty!

Karen
04-29-2019, 12:36 PM
Trees do talk to each other - through root systems some places have shown!

mon
05-06-2019, 04:39 PM
I wonder what our trees are saying Karen. We have at least seven Woodpeckers, non stop peckers. They start in the morn and quit in the eve. Not really sure exactly how the trees feel about that, hope they don't mind. I figure that they peck dead trees, we have a whole forest in the back so it's hard to tell. We counted 7 peckers on Sun. Noisy sonovaguns, cute little devils but very loud peckers 😀

mon
05-06-2019, 04:42 PM
My house came with this beautiful Japanese maple. I happen to have the same kind in a pot.
So I imagined a conversation "those two could have:
Big Tree (BT): Where did you come from? You sort of look like me.
Little Tree(LT): I'm not sure. Somebody put me on this big dark thing and it started moving. Then it stopped, and here I am.
BT: Why are your feet in this thing? Why are you so small? What do you mean it started moving?
LT: All those questions! I'm just a tree like you.
BT: You're right. Let's grow old together.

61673 61674

Aww, reminds me of that Song Adam Sandler sang "All I wanna do, is grow old with you".

Karen
05-07-2019, 12:34 PM
I wonder what our trees are saying Karen. We have at least seven Woodpeckers, non stop peckers. They start in the morn and quit in the eve. Not really sure exactly how the trees feel about that, hope they don't mind. I figure that they peck dead trees, we have a whole forest in the back so it's hard to tell. We counted 7 peckers on Sun. Noisy sonovaguns, cute little devils but very loud peckers 

They are eating the insects and larvae from dead portions of trees, usually, so are not harming living tissue.