PDA

View Full Version : Well I guess I found my new year's resolution....

COCatMama
12-31-2002, 08:41 AM
I have been thinking about looking for another job for awhile, as I am not really great at the one I have. Yesterday I almost got fired :eek: for making some mistakes on the payroll. I am not an accountant, far from it and I STINK at math! I am now looking for another job and I expect to lose the one I have any day now. I have been working there for almost 9 months. Ugh.

mugsy
12-31-2002, 08:59 AM
Good luck on the job hunt. Are you concentrating locally, or are you up for a move?? What are your skills? I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you.

lovemyshiba
12-31-2002, 09:51 AM
I'm right there with you. I work at a day care/ pre school, and I provide the afternoon care and enrichment (sure--it's just a line to get people to come). Anyway, I love the little ones, but the 10 boys I get after school-ages 6-10 are too much for me to handle. I've been looking for an excuse to leave, and well, last Friday they called my mother in law in (she was one of the pre school teachers) and FIRED her--for no reason, except that her teaching style didn't mesh with their boot camp pre-school. So, in a move of solidarity, I'll be leaving as soon as I find something else.

Sorry to ramble, good luck in your job search.

mugsy
12-31-2002, 10:53 AM
What's a "boot camp preschool?" I admire anyone who can deal with preschoolers all day...I'd kill them after the first hour!! lol Give me my 8th graders thanks!! I think 6th graders are too young!! Now, I wonder why I got my degree in SECONDARY education!! hehhehehe

Good luck in the job search!!

Uabassoon
12-31-2002, 12:18 PM
Good luck with your job hunting.

COCatMama
12-31-2002, 07:20 PM
Thanks guys
I only started my search yesterday, and as of today, I am still employed. Not much in the classifieds today :/. I am an Administrative Assistant. Have about 9.5 months experience as an Admin Assistant, graduated December 01.

Lillycat
12-31-2002, 09:02 PM
changing jobs is not easy....my sympathy to all in the field of education....whatever the age.....my best to you in finding a better place to be!