PDA

View Full Version : Do dog toys float???

ParNone
12-31-2002, 08:16 AM
I was taking a nice long soak in the tub yesterday and Oz came
by to peer over the edge. You could almost see the wheels
turning in his head as he gazed at the water. I was wondering
what could be going through that curious collie mind of his, when
off he trotted, so I figured he decided me taking a bath wasn't
all that exciting. He came back minutes later with his plastic
christmas toy shaped like a bow, which he proceeded to drop into
the water. I'm sure to test if it would float. It probably would
have, if Maddie hadn't chewed off half of one end. It promptly
filled with water and sunk to the bottom, but Oz seemed to be
just as fascinated with this outcome. Off he went to get another
toy to hurl into the tub, so I had to put an end to his fun or I'd of
ended up with a nice hot bath full of slobbery dog toys.

Par...

Dixieland Dancer
12-31-2002, 08:36 AM
Sounds like Oz was having fun! I'm sure it made your bath more enjoyable too!!! :D

lovemyshiba
12-31-2002, 09:42 AM
That sounds funny!! I haven't really taken a bath (just showers), since I've had these two, I wonder what they would do?? The wheels in MY head are going now too!! Maybe I could give Abbey a bath if I threw a toy in??

Remember that commercial for I think it was Petco with those people who were in the tub with their dog?

wolf_Q
12-31-2002, 10:08 AM
LOL sounds like Nebo! I've never taken a bath with him around, but I've taken a shower.......he likes to peek his head inside. And when nobody is in the bathtub, I've seen him jump in it on his own.

Nebo is *obsessed* with dropping toys on people. He especially loves to toss them onto my mom while she's sleeping on the couch. :rolleyes: It starts to hurt when he drops kongs!!

Jessica12345
12-31-2002, 02:18 PM
lol thats funny, i can just picture jewels, throwing a toy in, and hopping off on her way to get another one

Cookiebaker
12-31-2002, 04:35 PM
*LOL* That is so cute! Doesn't everybody like bath toys?? Oz was just making sure you had plenty!!! :D

Twisterdog
12-31-2002, 10:49 PM
Lucky would take a bath with my son every single night if I would let her. She even likes bubble baths! She plays with all the toys in the tub, and will stick her head completely under water and pick up toys off the bottom of the tub. She has stayed in the tub with my son for an hour at times!

Funny thing is .... she's not a lab or a Newfie or some other "water" breed .... she's a smooth fox terrier. Go figure.

anna_66
01-01-2003, 09:36 PM
:D That's so cute!

Our dogs won't come into the bathroom, they're afraid they will be the ones having to get in the tub:eek: