PDA

View Full Version : I'm home!

cats4ever
04-01-2019, 07:00 PM
My first post from the new home!
It was a rough 3 days (Thursday-Saturday), but it's all done. The kitties are amazing, they have settled in no time. I worried all this time for nothing.
Now the joys of homeownership are beginning, like mowing grass, doing little repairs, utility bills etc.:D
I'm still really tired. I went back to work today, and it was a very long day, because of the lack of sleep, and I wanted to get back to make sure the cats are ok.
I missed you guys, and I'm glad I'm back!

phesina
04-01-2019, 08:50 PM
Congratulations, Heidi and Kitties, and
Welcome HOME!!!!!
http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=48825&d=1236803272
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
04-01-2019, 09:16 PM
Congratulations and rest well tonight!

Catty1
04-01-2019, 09:54 PM
Welcome home! Hope you catch up on rest soon! Are you a little closer to work now?

Your kitties are amazing. As long as Mom is there, all is well in their world! :D:love::love:

Randi
04-02-2019, 07:40 AM
Congratulations on your new home - I'm so glad the kitties have already settled in, but with mommy there and familiar furniture it's all good.

Snuggle up with them and get some rest. :love:

Felicia's Mom
04-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Welcome Home!!

cats4ever
04-02-2019, 07:07 PM
Thank you, everybody!:love:
The distance to work is the same, I only moved 2.5 miles.
I'm slowly catching up on sleep. The cats, of course, are caught up already.:D I, too, think that all their beds and toys with "their" smell had a lot to do with them settling in so fast.

61594 61595 61596

I mowed my lawn today, and it started snowing! How's that for spring?

phesina
04-02-2019, 08:07 PM
How nice!!! (Except for the snow..)

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Queen of Poop
04-02-2019, 08:52 PM
Welcome Home. Glad you are settling in quickly, kitties too!

cats4ever
04-09-2019, 02:34 PM
My first challenge as a homeowner: fix a running toilet!
The flapper wasn't closing properly, so the water just kept running. I shortened the chain, and that helped every other flush. Then I noticed that the lever was wiggly, so it jerked the flapper out of position. I tightened the lever, and voila, it's fixed.
I don't mean to brag about it, but it felt great that I didn't have to spend any money on the repair.
Another thing I wanted to address was to reduce the water usage per flush. I googled it, and one thing that's sold is a gadget that goes in the tank to displace the water, so there's less needed to fill it.
So I thought that I could come up with something to put in the tank. I filled two empty water bottles (16 oz each) with water, and put them in the tank. It saves about 1 liter per flush!

Karen
04-09-2019, 02:44 PM
My first challenge as a homeowner: fix a running toilet!
The flapper wasn't closing properly, so the water just kept running. I shortened the chain, and that helped every other flush. Then I noticed that the lever was wiggly, so it jerked the flapper out of position. I tightened the lever, and voila, it's fixed.
I don't mean to brag about it, but it felt great that I didn't have to spend any money on the repair.
Another thing I wanted to address was to reduce the water usage per flush. I googled it, and one thing that's sold is a gadget that goes in the tank to displace the water, so there's less needed to fill it.
So I thought that I could come up with something to put in the tank. I filled two empty water bottles (16 oz each) with water, and put them in the tank. It saves about 1 liter per flush!

Yup, some people put a brick in the tank, too. Good for you for fixing it!

Vette
04-10-2019, 12:41 AM
Aw congratulations! over all it sounds pretty exciting,, but that said i know how stressful it often is as well.
now comes the unpacking of stuff not gotten to yet. like Christmas all over again expect you know whats in the boxes :p