PDA

View Full Version : It's almost done...

cats4ever
03-19-2019, 06:08 PM
Next week, I will close on a house! Hooray! This is my big life change, actually the biggest thing I've ever accomplished besides moving to the US.
A few months ago, I ended a longterm relationship. I finally found the nerve to do it.
It will be a giant change for the kitties as well. Except for Miss Kitty, they all grew up in the current place.
It'll be just me and the kitties.

phesina
03-19-2019, 09:21 PM
WOW!!! What a huge change, indeed! Sounds wonderful!

We are sending along all our loving best wishes that all goes well and you and the kitties all settle in happily.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mon
03-19-2019, 09:43 PM
I am so happy for you. Sounds like you are ready for a new beginning and I know your future will be exciting for you and your cats! A home of your very own, awsome! Wishing you good fortune and health as you move forward!

mbsmum
03-20-2019, 02:36 AM
Liebe Heidi, ich wünsche dir alles Gute in neuen Heim. All the best
for Kitties as well. Do they have a garden to run around?.

cats4ever
03-20-2019, 05:37 PM
Thanks everybody for the well wishes!:love:
There is a garden, but the kitties are and will always be indoors. There are too many dangers lurking out there.

Randi
03-21-2019, 12:26 PM
Heidi, I wish you and the kitties the very best in your new place! :love: I'm glad you ended a realtionshp that wasn't working, it does take courage. Will you move to another state, or stay nearby?

cats4ever
03-21-2019, 12:46 PM
I'm moving to a place nearby, which works well regarding my travel to work and all the other connections I have here in this area.
And yes, it does take courage, because after 16 years, there's a danger of complacency and fear of inconvenience that a change will bring.
I'm in the home stretch now. Everything has been approved by the bank, hooray!
It will be a 2-day move. The first day, I will be moving stuff by myself, so today, I rented a van for that. The second day, I have several friends helping me to wrap everything up.

Karen
03-21-2019, 03:25 PM
Congratulations, and best wishes in your new place!

Catty1
03-21-2019, 04:20 PM
Congratulations! The kitties will enjoy sniffing everything in their new house!:):love:

cats4ever
03-21-2019, 06:16 PM
Thank you, Karen and Candace!:love:
I'm a little worried about the kitties. It's a much bigger challenge for them. They will be set up in a room for the first few days, with Feliway diffusers, to get acclimated.
On the last day of moving, they will be boarded at the vet, and I will pick them up in the evening.
Luckily, the previous owner didn't have pets.

mon
03-22-2019, 02:13 AM
Wishing you the best!! 🍾🥂 to new beginnings.

Trinityagain
03-22-2019, 09:35 AM
Congratulations to you and please let me know how it goes or if you have any advice! My marriage officially ended at the beginning of February and I am closing on a house in the next couple of weeks as well! It will be just me and 3 of the furrballs...good luck! The future is going to be nothing but amazing!

Randi
03-22-2019, 09:50 AM
One piece of advice from me is to make lists of what is inside the different boxes - put it inside. Also write on the boxes... Bathroom, Kitchen, Living room, etc.

Oh, and meassure up the rooms, so you know what furniture fit where.

Good luck with the move! :love:

Queen of Poop
03-22-2019, 01:32 PM
Congratulations to both you ladies for moving forward with your lives. I hope all of the kitties involved adjust quickly and happily to their new homes.

phesina
03-22-2019, 02:08 PM
Yes, congratulations to you both, and all good wishes!

mon
03-22-2019, 03:29 PM
My husband took a pic of the open boxes when we moved and you could see what was in them. Then he numbered them and put them all on the computer so we know what's in them. Funny enough, a lot of them are still unpacked on homemade roof racks in the garage. It's amazing how many things I thought I couldn't part with, I haven't even unpacked in more than 3 years. There are some items I must get too, there is something to the lack of clutter though, just sayin'👍🏿💕 Moving can be....challenging to say the least. My cat hid for 2 weeks and I cried a lot. I'm sure you will do far better than I!! 😻🌈

cats4ever
03-22-2019, 06:50 PM
:D
Congratulations to you and please let me know how it goes or if you have any advice! My marriage officially ended at the beginning of February and I am closing on a house in the next couple of weeks as well! It will be just me and 3 of the furrballs...good luck! The future is going to be nothing but amazing!

Look at us! On our own with our furballs. And yes, the future is going to be amazing! My only advice would be, and you have already done it: Don't let anybody tell you what's good for you, because only you know best!
And there is not going to be any crying, just lots of unpacking.:D
I have all my boxes marked, with room designation and color tape, so my helpers know as well where to put stuff.
When it's all over, I don't want to see any boxes for a very long time.

phesina
03-22-2019, 08:10 PM
Wonderful well-wishes to you both!!!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Sparkler and Galaxy and Pat

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-27-2019, 05:36 AM
Good luck to both of you!!
Have a safe move :love::love::love:

Trinityagain
03-27-2019, 08:28 AM
I keep telling people: I survived Stage 3 breast cancer, a heart attack and quintuple bypass and I am still here and going strong. Do you really think a divorce is going to break me? Think again :)

mbsmum
03-27-2019, 11:04 AM
"When it's all over, I don't want to see any boxes for a very long time"
I think your furrballs will think otherwise.
Good luc and all the best.

cats4ever
03-27-2019, 05:48 PM
Tomorrow's the day, closing at 3pm! However, I will be at the house at about 7 am and start some cleaning.
And my realtor will get a bottle of wine. She is nothing short of amazing.
This will probably one of my last posts for the next few days. I will see you guys then!:love:

phesina
03-27-2019, 10:03 PM
Excellent, Heidi!!! May all go smoothly, and may you and kitties all arrive in your new home comfortably!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy

Queen of Poop
06-05-2019, 03:33 PM
I'd like to throw my hat in the ring as the third to be moving to a new place after the demise of a relationship.

Today I was preapproved for a mortgage, the townhouse I'm interested in is on hold and I'm going to see it Saturday. If all goes well, very soon Cali and Diego will have a new home and nothing but peace in their lives.

My now ex fiance told me on May 2 that our relationship is over and that I need to move out of his house. He moved me to the spare room before I started chemotherapy, while he did drive me to my chemo appointments, he bailed after that, leaving me on my own for everything else. Now that I'm clear and healthy and ready to begin life post-cancer, he's out.

I look forward to being in my own space, living by my own rules and having a whole lot less stress in my life and the lives of Cali and Diego.

phesina
06-05-2019, 04:35 PM
Good grief! What a way for him to end the relationship. He's history now!

I'm so glad that now you are clear and healthy and are ready to begin life post-cancer. And what wonderful news that you're preapproved for a mortgage and have a hold on that townhouse you're interested in!

We are sending loads of good wishes that a wonderful new home comes through, and that you and Cali and Diego are soon all settling in to your own new space and nothing but peace in your lives.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Galaxy and Sparkler

cats4ever
06-05-2019, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. Good riddance of that jerk!
But I'm glad and happy for you that you will move with your kitties, and start life anew, especially after what you have been through.
I'm enjoying my new found freedom very much, and I think it has a great ring to saying: "It's me and my cats!" That's really all you need.

mon
06-05-2019, 08:34 PM
I hope you can start afresh soon! Definately life will be so much sweeter with only you and the cats ❤️ I have been with my husband about 30 yrs. I think but, I recoil in horror when I recall some of my past, common law spouses 😱😫🙈😳🤢💩 Wishing you nothing but health and happiness, always💕❤️

Queen of Poop
07-29-2019, 08:53 AM
Just wanted to give you an update on our move. I have purchased a townhouse, brand new, we take possession August 20th, the movers will move my things August 22nd. Cali and Diego will visit the Country Club Pet Resort during the move so they stay out of harms way. Was a busy weekend of packing, sorting and purging. Will be taking the purged items to the Meow Foundation Thrift Store to support the local kitty rescue.

Freckles
07-29-2019, 09:43 AM
Excellent plan.

Karen
07-29-2019, 01:30 PM
Love your attitude! :)

phesina
07-29-2019, 04:19 PM
Fantastic! (Especially about taking your discards to the kitty rescue!)

We're sending along all our very best wishes and positive energies that the move goes well and you are soon all settling into and getting used to your new Purrrmanent HOME!!!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Galaxy and Sparkler

cats4ever
07-29-2019, 05:18 PM
Congratulations on your new home! I hope that the move will go smoothly.
Isn't it amazing how many things accumulate over the years? I took tons of boxes to the Salvation Army.
I hope that you and the kitties will settle in quickly!:love:

Queen of Poop
08-16-2019, 11:21 AM
Well, the purge has been done. The Meow Foundation surely didn't know what hit them, took 2 trips to get it all there!

Signed all the papers at the lawyers yesterday. Everything is set now for possession on Tuesday next week. Cali and Diego are booked at the Country Club for Wednesday and Thursday so they are safe. Movers booked for Thursday.

phesina
08-16-2019, 12:33 PM
Excellent, Gayle! Well done!!! I hope the Meow Foundation does well out of all your donations.

Best wishes that all goes smoothly next week and you and Cali and Diego are soon snug in your wonderful new Purrrmanent Home!