PDA

View Full Version : I'm really sorry guys (xmas cards)

aly
12-30-2002, 09:26 PM
All my cards have been done for awhile but Eckerds messed up the photos FOUR times. Needless to say they gave me a refund. Anyway, I finally got to pick them up yesterday evening and was starting to stick all the pictures in and I came down with a NASTY bacterial infection. Since I have diabetes, it hasn't been fun. I had to go at 4am to get an IV at the emergency room. I am doing a little better but still have no strength. Its all I can do to sit up to type this. So my cards will be delayed a few more days. I am really so so so sorry about that.

Karen
12-30-2002, 10:41 PM
It's okay, Aly, we love you anyway. You just take care of YOURSELF!!!!!* until you feel better. Snuggle those babies close, maybe Reese and Lolly'll help lick envelopes, at least! ;)

*We know you have a tendancy to forget how important YOU are to all the animals you care for, so we'll all remind you.

And remeber, the Wise Men didn't get there overnight, either!

AmberLee
12-30-2002, 10:42 PM
Ouch. You have been having challenges, haven't you? Why not aim to have them Martin Luther King day cards instead? (Valentines day??? St. Patrick's Day??? I will be irked if they turn out to be Easter cards ;) !)

zippy-kat
12-30-2002, 10:44 PM
Aly, you just get better!!! Those darn cards can wait!

{{Keeping you in my thoughts, dear friend!}}

shais_mom
12-31-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

{{Keeping you in my thoughts, dear friend!}}

DITTO!! Take Care of yourself!! Get some puppy and Kitty loving and feel better!! ;)

jenluckenbach
12-31-2002, 06:02 AM
You're worried about CARDS??
You're worried about CARDS!!!???
You're worries about CARDS???!!!???!!!???

YOU just get better.............

OK??

12-31-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

Amen to that !! Just be sure to take care of yourself very well , Aly !

hey , wanna hint : put NO year-number on your card .. he he ; so you will be the very first for next-year-cards ...;) :rolleyes: ;)

Dixieland Dancer
12-31-2002, 09:17 AM
I'm not in the card group but wanted to let you know you are not late. We are still in the 12 days of Christmas!!!

Most people don't realize this but the actual 12 days of Christmas are the 12 days following the birth of Christ. In the protestant faith we celebrate the arrival of the wise men at the stable where Jesus laid in a celebration called Ephipany. This occurs on January 6th. So you still have about a week left before your cards are late! ;)

Hope you are feeling better soon!

aly
12-31-2002, 05:23 PM
Thanks so much everyone for your understanding. I am doing a little better. Not throwing up anymore but still have no strength and in pain everywhere. I am thinking I will still be able to finish up the cards tonight or in the morning though.

Its really weird but whenever I get a sickness with throwing up, Lolly always throws up too. It happened last year and I thought it was a coincidence. Then it happened early this year and again with this sickness. Isn't that weird? She also kept coming up and putting her paws and head on me to see if I was okay. Shiloh and Reece were oblivious though, hehe.

Karen
12-31-2002, 05:35 PM
It's probably what grandmothers used to call a "nervous stomache" - when you are sick and throw up, it upsets her so much that she ends up throwing up, too!

Just happened to be on a "National Flu Outbreak" map, and Texas was the only state that was bright red, meaning "Widespread Outbreak" - so hope YOU feel better soon!

Lillycat
12-31-2002, 09:04 PM
oh aly, its ok......just get better soon!

krazyaboutkatz
12-31-2002, 09:14 PM
We don't mind if your cards are late. Your health is much more important to us. Please take care of yourself and get well soon.

Miss Meow
12-31-2002, 09:59 PM
Hope you (and Lollly :)) get better soon Aly.

It's Chinese new year soon. Maybe your cards could celebrate that :D

aly
01-01-2003, 11:23 PM
I'm finally back on my feet tonight after an icky relapse (thought I was better and took on too much). So the cards will be sent out tomorrow! Thanks everyone for your patience :)

lynnestankard
01-02-2003, 04:31 AM
Aly - sorry I'm late here - was away from 29th Dec and only got back yesterday - so sorry you've been sick - please don't be thinking of cards - just be thinking of recovering - properly. Don't go doing too much it'll set you back again. {{{Hugs}}} across the miles - Lynne xx