PDA

View Full Version : Can I ask for prayers for Bradley?

emily_the_spoiled
02-09-2019, 03:47 PM
So Bradley (my one-eyed guy with the biggest :love:) has not been doing well for about a week. He was not as active and became more fussy about his food. On Tuesday I took him into the vet and it turns out that his bone marrow is not producing ANY cells. His platelets and red and white blood cells are well below the normal range. The vet put him on a course of steroids just in case this is an autoimmune condition and the steroids might stop it. But more realistically he thinks that Bradley might have a bone cancer. I am currently syringe feeding him A/D food and giving him the steroids, hoping that things will turn around.

He is only 9 and so full of love that everyone is just a friend he hasn't met yet. But I am not ready to lose him and every time I think about it I start to cry. :(

But I would like to ask for prayers for him and maybe by some chance of fate this is an autoimmune condition...

phesina
02-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Dear Cheryl and Bradley, you have our prayers indeed. May this turn out to be an autoimmune condition, and may you two be together for a long time yet.

Loads of {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and warm wishes and love
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy

Felicia's Mom
02-09-2019, 08:26 PM
You and Bradley are in my Prayers!

Karen
02-09-2019, 11:07 PM
Prayers on the way.

mbsmum
02-10-2019, 01:47 AM
Prayers and healing thoughts on the way to Bradley.

mon
02-10-2019, 03:01 AM
Huge prayers times 3 for Bradley and you ❤️

Randi
02-10-2019, 07:49 AM
I send good wishes, love and comfort to Bradley and to you. I so hope the steroids will help his condition and he will get back to normal... or close to normal.

(((hugs))) :love: :love:

Queen of Poop
02-10-2019, 08:21 AM
Prayers for you and Bradley.

cats4ever
02-10-2019, 11:24 AM
I am so sorry to hear this!
You and Bradley are in my thoughts.:love:
I so hope that is an autoimmune condition, and that the steroids will do their job.

Catty1
02-10-2019, 12:12 PM
I truly hope that it IS an autoimmune disorder. Prayers for Bradley - that he gets well soon. :love::love:

emily_the_spoiled
02-10-2019, 02:39 PM
Thank you everyone. I have now been syringe feeding him for almost a week. We are definitely getting better at it! Now I don't wear as much as I used to and he is fighting back a little more (which is a good sign). Unfortunately he is still spending most of his time sleeping, although we do have cuddle time in the morning. I am just worried b/c he isn't eating on his own...we have another 10 days before we go back for followup blood work to see if the steroids are working.

Who would have ever thought I would be hoping for this to be an autoimmune disease, but the alternative is so much worse.

Please keep us in your prayers.

mon
02-10-2019, 04:15 PM
Done, done and extra super done!

phesina
02-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Continuing prayers and loving good wishes...

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Catty1
02-10-2019, 05:54 PM
All the PT prayers I can send are going to Bradley!:love::love:

cats4ever
02-11-2019, 05:17 PM
You and Bradley are doing a great job. I hope that Bradley's appetite starts picking up soon.
Hang in there!:love:

emily_the_spoiled
02-12-2019, 04:05 PM
I am sitting at the computer writing a response and Bradley is asleep in my lap. He now spends most of his time sleeping, but I hope that is because his anemia is so bad. I am still syringe feeding him a can of a/d food every day but he is still not interested in eating. Only sometimes will he eat treats :(

We have an appointment next week for more blood work and will find out then if the steroids are working. Please keep sending us your prayers and good vibes.

mon
02-12-2019, 05:02 PM
Doing that right now, I do sure hope Bradley is well soon 😻💝 Hang in, best wishes!!!!

mon
02-12-2019, 05:05 PM
You know what, I'd try canned salmon or tuna. It's not really the food sometimes but the smell will sometimes awaken their appetite. Only a suggestion, but I think it's worth a try. ❤️

mon
02-12-2019, 05:06 PM
What is a/d food?

emily_the_spoiled
02-13-2019, 02:23 PM
Bradley ate a couple of Temptations treats last night!!! This is the first time in over a week he has really showed any interest in them. He also took a couple of bites of cat food this morning. But it wasn't enough so I still fed him with a syringe.

The a/d food I have been giving him is prescription food that vet's use for really sick animals when they are in the vet hospital and don't want to eat. The nice thing about it, is that it can supply all the nutrients he needs and you can add water to if it they are drinking.

I tried tuna last week but not salmon. Thanks for the suggestion!

mon
02-13-2019, 04:37 PM
A couple bites is excellent, absolutely a step forward!! 👍🏿💕❤️😻 I think smell is very motivating, I think it awakens memories of tasty food and healthy days, for animals and human beings, sort of subconsciously, you know. Without being pushy and overwhelming. This is a difficult time, I am sure. You are doing magnificently.

phesina
02-13-2019, 09:59 PM
Well done, Bradley, with the Temptations and a couple of bites of cat food!

Meowmie is taking such good care of you, and you have all your friends here on Pet Talk thinking of you and praying for you and sending you all our good wishes and warm healing energies and love.

You and she are both doing magnificently indeed! We're with you all the way.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy

Catty1
02-13-2019, 10:52 PM
Keep going, Bradley!:love:

Catty1
02-17-2019, 10:56 AM
How is Bradley today?:love:

emily_the_spoiled
02-17-2019, 02:53 PM
He has not been doing well the last couple of days. Although he did eat a little dry kibble this morning. Unfortunately I don't think that he is going to make it. But I won't find out until Thursday for sure. This is just so hard to watch my :love: cat and realize that I will likely lose him very soon.

Randi
02-17-2019, 03:35 PM
I'm so sorry to hear Bradley hasn't improved. You are doing everything you can, syringe feeding him for so long is quite a job. I so hope he will get better and start eating by himself.

Lots of good wishes, love and comfort to you both. :love: :love:

cats4ever
02-17-2019, 04:29 PM
I am so sorry that Bradley is not doing well, despite your very best effort. I hope you will get some good news on Thursday.
Maybe Bradley's appetite will pick up some more.

phesina
02-17-2019, 05:17 PM
I'm so sorry, Bradley and Cheryl. You're both working so hard. Well done, Bradley, eating a little kibble this morning! Your dear Meowmie loves you so very much!

We're continuing to send you loads of love and good wishes and prayers and warm healing energies.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Galaxy and Sparkler

mon
02-17-2019, 07:00 PM
Our hearts our with you no matter what, I wish Bradley would get healthier right this instant.

emily_the_spoiled
02-20-2019, 12:00 PM
He is not getting any better and didn't purr this morning when we were cuddling. I decided to cancel the appointment this afternoon because I know the blood work is going to tell me what I already know ... he is dying. :(:(

I refuse to take him to the vet's office to pass over to the Bridge, so I will phone a vet I know who does house calls for this. Unfortunately he is closed today because of the snow storm, which means I have to wait until tomorrow. :( :(

Randi
02-20-2019, 01:10 PM
My thougths are with you and Bradley. As hard as it is, you know what is best to do, and although he is not responding much to your cuddles, keep giving him love and comfort, I'm sure he feels it and enjoys you being next to him. :)

If he is ready to go to the RB, I think it's right to let the vet come to your home, so he feels safe.

Love, hugs and comfort to you and Bradley. :love: :love:

emily_the_spoiled
02-20-2019, 01:46 PM
I know it is the right thing to do but he is my heart kitty and very special to me. I have cried more tears in the past couple of weeks than I have for months before.

I knew when he didn't purr this morning that it is time. He ALWAYS purrs non-stop.

Queen of Poop
02-20-2019, 02:19 PM
My heart is breaking for you and Bradley. I continue to pray.

mon
02-20-2019, 02:30 PM
Hearts are going out to you at this sad time. Thinking of you and Bradley and sending strength and loving wishes.

Karen
02-20-2019, 02:56 PM
In our prayers, Cheryl.

phesina
02-20-2019, 03:23 PM
Hugs and prayers and love to you, Bradley and Cheryl. :love::love::love::love::love:

cats4ever
02-20-2019, 06:29 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. You put all of your strength and love into trying to get Bradley better. He couldn't ask for a better mom.
My thoughts are with you and Bradley.:love:

Felicia's Mom
02-20-2019, 07:26 PM
Prayers and love to Bradley and you.:love::love:

mbsmum
02-21-2019, 01:05 AM
I am very sorry to hear that Bradley is not getting better.
Letting a kitty go to RB is always very difficult, I wish you and Bradley all the best

emily_the_spoiled
02-21-2019, 11:09 AM
Last night sometime after supper and before I came up to go to bed, Bradley passed over the Bridge. He has now gone to meet up with all his friends who have passed before and make all kinds of new friends at the Bridge.

cats4ever
02-21-2019, 11:58 AM
This makes me so sad! I am so, so sorry!
I hope it is at least a small comfort that you have been the best mom Bradley could have asked for. You made his life wonderful and worth living.:love:
Dear Bradley, you are whole and healthy again, playing with all of your old and new friends.
You are forever in your mom's heart!:love:

Randi
02-21-2019, 12:09 PM
I am SO sorry for your loss of Bradley. :( You gave him so much love and care and did everything you could to help him. He had the best mom he could have wished for, and I'm sure he enjoyed every minute of his life, before he got sick. Keep the good memories and know he is not in pain now.

Rest in peace, Bradley - and then enjoy your new friends on the RB. Fister will be there to show you around.

I send you love and comfort in this sad time. Take care! :love:

Queen of Poop
02-21-2019, 12:23 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. He's gained his wings now and will forever be your guardian angel.

Catty1
02-21-2019, 09:45 PM
I think somehow Bradley knew that it was best you did not see him leave. I am so, so sorry for your heartbreak.

My heart kitty, going on 16, is glued to my lap right now. I hope he is here for a long time but it is never long enough.

Sending gentle {{{hugs}}} to you. :love::love::love:

mbsmum
02-21-2019, 10:13 PM
RIP sweet Bradley.

phesina
02-22-2019, 06:07 AM
Oh, Cheryl, I am so very sorry. You gave Bradley the best, most loving care ever. My deepest sympathy to you and all his family and friends who love him and miss him and grieve him so very much. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort.

Rest in peace, beautiful beloved Bradley. You had the best home you could possibly have, with your dear Meowmie and kitty friends who all love you so very much and you love so very much.

Now you are a glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, whole and healthy again, running and playing and cuddling with so many friends, old and new. Please send some Angelic purrrs to the hearts of your dear Meowmie and all your family members to remind them and reassure them that all is well, you are with them always, and you will all be together again, One Fine Day...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy

emily_the_spoiled
02-22-2019, 02:30 PM
Thank you everyone for your thoughts.

If I could figure out how to upload photos I would upload some photos for people and create a little memorial for him.

I still miss him A LOT. He used to come running into the bedroom first thing in the morning and hop on the bed with me so we could spend a little time cuddling. He would follow me around like a shadow. Bradley used to sit on the counter and watch me brush my teeth and shower. In the afternoons he would sit on my lap while I was working on the computer. I am still looking around for him but not finding him :(:(:(