PDA

View Full Version : little dogs or big dogs which do you like?

i_luv_dogz
12-30-2002, 05:08 PM
I like big dogs that way if you are being robed they can bit the rober.

mugsy
12-30-2002, 05:15 PM
I like all dogs, but have an affinity for the big dogs. I have a sweatshirt that says," If you can't teach with the big dogs, stay out of the classroom."

i_luv_dogz
12-30-2002, 05:27 PM
hey, if you like to abopt so much go to www.1-800-save-a-pet.com there are like millions of animals there to adopt just push dogs and type in your area code and it will show you alot of dogs that need to be abopted.

babolaypo65
12-30-2002, 07:31 PM
i like small dogs with big barks aka SCOTTIES!

AmylovesMisty
12-30-2002, 07:37 PM
I can't decide they are both great in their own reasons.

Rottieluver45
12-30-2002, 09:05 PM
I LOOOOOOOVE BIG DOGS!! They`re like big cuddley teddy bears!

The Cat Factory
12-30-2002, 09:10 PM
I like big dogs :)

Twisterdog
12-30-2002, 09:25 PM
Well, I LIKE all dogs. But as far as the dogs I want to OWN .... definately small dogs, for several reasons.

First, I can fit more small dogs in my house! :) I do rescue, and I can save the lives of more small dogs, since more fit in the house! I currently have eleven dogs, I don't think I'd have that many if they were big.

Second, I have a really bad knee. It's been broken twice, and it's a mess. I have a really hard time walking big dogs, or lifting them, and I am always afraid one is going to knock me down, and re-break my knee. I like the ones I can just pick up and carry!

Third, rescue is somewhat less expensive for small dogs than for large dogs, and we're on a somewhat limited budget. It costs less to feed, spay or neuter and medicate a small dog ... therefore I can help more little dogs with them same amount of money.

RockyRoad
12-30-2002, 10:50 PM
I love big dogs and always will. They look tough on the outside, but most of them are all mushy and lovable on the inside. I like small dogs as well, but big is the best for me. :)

Aspen and Misty
12-30-2002, 10:56 PM
Big dogs, like Newfies! Who weight like 200 pounds and are as large as a great dane, but still big old teddy bears on the inside :D . But I love my Chew, who weighs 30 pounds and a little monster on the inside (hence the name) :D ;)

Ash

Uabassoon
12-30-2002, 11:08 PM
I love all dogs, but I think for owning one I like medium sized dogs. I don't think I would want a toy breed or a dog that is bigger than me. I want something in the middle.

joycenalex
12-31-2002, 07:20 AM
alex is a 42# lap dog, duke is small for a golden retriever, 50#. bigger dogs cost more, just the size issue, but while i like scotties and schippekes(?spelling) most small dogs seem yappy and difficult to train and housebreak. my next dogs will be from the local golden rescue group, sadly there are always more dogs there:(

COCatMama
12-31-2002, 08:36 AM
I like big ones AND small ones :D

Dixieland Dancer
12-31-2002, 09:04 AM
I love all dogs but am partial to the Gold ones!! :rolleyes:

Tina
12-31-2002, 10:44 AM
I like all dogs no matter the size.:)

Rocky'smomma
12-31-2002, 01:27 PM
I would love to have a big dog someday...possibly a German shepard,,,,

COCatMama
12-31-2002, 07:46 PM
German SHEPHERD Dog
sorry to nitpick but that's one of my pet peeves (pardon the pun) I haaaaaaaaate it when people spell it "shepard" and also it's German Shepherd Dog...not German Shepherd. Weird, but true.
:D

i_luv_dogz
12-31-2002, 09:06 PM
thank you for your replys every one and all your animals are so cute i hope you have a great year.:)

Twisterdog
12-31-2002, 11:41 PM
Lalania, that's one of my pet peeves, too! I am a breed name snob - I hate misspelled breed names! Here are some that drive me battty!!

DalmatiOn .... it's DalmatiAn

Dashund, Daschund and even Datsun! .... it's Dachshund

Peekinese, etc. .... it's Pekingese (which seems so simple to me ..... from Japan - Japanese, from China - Chinese, from Peking - Pekingese. Sheesh!)

Blue Healer .... nuf' said! ;)

Great Pyranese, Pyraneese, etc. ... it's Great Pyrenees

Chiwawa, Chiwhawha, etc. ... it's Chihuahua.

I saw "Laborador Retreiver" written on a shelter kennel card once. I almost twitched. ;)

And then there is the one that I have to look up every time ... but at least I look it up!! ....... Xoloitzcuintle

Twisterdog
12-31-2002, 11:47 PM
Oh my gosh! I can't believe I forgot the one breed name misspelling that makes my head spin, just like Linda Blair's ....

TerriOr

Aaaaaaahhhhgggggg!!! :eek:

COCatMama
12-31-2002, 11:50 PM
I just found a dog breed I don't like :O cocker spaniel. the landlords have a cocker spaniel, female. MEAN! she tried to bite me!

Twisterdog
12-31-2002, 11:56 PM
All cocker spaniels aren't mean. :(

My old Lacie girl is a sweet, sweet cocker spaniel.

COCatMama
01-01-2003, 12:24 AM
awww lacie is cute
don't get me wrong...their spaniel is cute but...she's mean :( maybe because she isn't fixed?

iceyshiver21
01-01-2003, 12:43 AM
BIG DOGS!!! all the way, yah one of my fav. dogs was a pom. Lady(right on my avatar) but i find that big dogs dont bite as often, as little dogs but when big dogs bite people make a big fuss, i dont get it?! i dont know plus id be afraid that a big dog could kill my little dog, cuz again thats what happened to Lady, she challenged a rotty, it was dutch, but lady was on dutchess propety and dutch had puppies, PLUS to add to it poms have been known to challenge big dogs, so i perfer my BIG dogs