PDA

View Full Version : Ouch

neko1
12-30-2002, 05:01 PM
Just found out yesterday that I have a sprained wrist and also carpal tunnel in the same wrist!!! So now I have to wear a brace all day and night!! And let me tell you how extremely hard it is to be a vet tech and not be able to use your hand!!!! This really stinks!!!:( :mad:

mugsy
12-30-2002, 05:08 PM
How did you manage that and not know it?? lol I'm sorry you're hurt. I got bitten in the pinky finger and haev 5 stitches around it, so I know about gimpy. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-30-2002, 07:42 PM
OUCH! I used to have a cyst in my wrist and it hurt soooooooo bad. I was little and it always make it no fun to play outside. They told me I was too little to operate and we could try and bust it by slamming a book down on my wrist... but there was no way I was letting that happen. I don't know what happened to it but it is gone now.:)

krazyaboutkatz
12-30-2002, 08:57 PM
Neko1, I'm so sorry to hear about your wrist and carpal tunnel problem. :( I hope you're able to heal quickly.

neko1
12-31-2002, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
OUCH! I used to have a cyst in my wrist and it hurt soooooooo bad. I was little and it always make it no fun to play outside. They told me I was too little to operate and we could try and bust it by slamming a book down on my wrist... but there was no way I was letting that happen. I don't know what happened to it but it is gone now.:)

OMG my friend has that same thing!!! That book thing is the same thing she was told to do. (of course she didn't do it) Hers is still there, you can see it on her wrist and it only bothers her every now and then. I think she will get surgery on it eventually.

As for me, all this typing hurts!:(

12-31-2002, 07:08 AM
Ouch ... sorry to hear about your wrist ...!
I hope it gets better real soon !
In the meantime , have a great time this evening (New Years Eve)

COCatMama
12-31-2002, 08:30 AM
ewww poor you! I had to wear one of those wrist thingies with the metal bit in it when I was a cashier at Petcetera, lifting all that heavy stuff all day gave me an irritated medial nerve whatsit. Yuck!

Cataholic
12-31-2002, 09:51 AM
I had the CTS on my right wrist...and would recm'd it to anyone with similar symptoms! I am totally pain free.