PDA

View Full Version : Snowstorm Harper 2019

Karen
01-19-2019, 10:46 AM
The news has been hyping this for days. Anyone being hit by it yet? The Belmont-Watertown church I used to go to cancelled church yesterday ahead of the storm that isn;t even supposed to hit until this afternoon, as the city put a parking ban in place already.

Are you prepared?

Neat fact - Harper is my baby grand niece Sophia's middle name!

The puppy and the dog are off at Bicuit's other family's home for a visit for a couple weeks - they both adore the snow, so I will miss seeing them frolic in it!

phesina
01-19-2019, 12:00 PM
The snow has been coming down steadily here since about 9am. It's the light, fluffy stuff, but it's building up. Supposed to keep falling through mid to late afternoon. Maybe 4-5 inches accumulation predicted.

I'm all set! We have enough food and stuff for a while. I'm sure glad I have a carport space to put my car in when needed (like when it's snowing like this), and that I don't have to drive anywhere today.

This morning I took a walk over to Trader Joe's, around the block and down a bit. Not bad, took some slow, careful walking.

Karen, is it supposed to hit you folks in Vermont?

Best wishes, all!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Galaxy and Sparkler and Pat, in the northern Midwest.

cats4ever
01-19-2019, 12:17 PM
I hope that you all stay safe through the storm!
Here in the South, we are only getting some really cold temperatures starting Sunday night through Tuesday.

Karen
01-19-2019, 12:38 PM
It is supposed to hit here late afternoon, and continue until tomorrow afternoon. We are predicted to get somewhere between 18" and 2 feet (24") but we usually get more up here at Wren's Grove than they predict. When arriving at ceramics the other evening, I commented, "Windham, where predicted 'flurries' require shoveling." and was met with affirmative nods all around.

phesina
01-19-2019, 01:03 PM
Yow!!!!!

Keep safe, all of you!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
01-19-2019, 03:54 PM
Now, funny enough, the latest forecast circled a small area that included my part of southern Vermont and said 30" (For metric folks, that's 0.762 meters)! The snow has just begun, tiny flakes that look like fog from a distance.

phesina
01-19-2019, 05:14 PM
Sending along good wishes that you and all stay safe and warm, Karen!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
01-19-2019, 08:34 PM
We've got 6 inches (15 cm) of snow in my part of Chicago. It's not snowing now but it has gotten much more windy outside. I don't like winter storms!

cats4ever
01-20-2019, 10:28 AM
Please stay safe and warm everybody!:love:
Here, the wind picked up to 30mph gusts, and the temperature continues to drop. Tonight, it will be in the teens.
I wonder how many folks will brave the cold to watch the lunar eclipse tonight. I'd love to see it, but I will be asleep!:D

Queen of Poop
01-20-2019, 10:38 AM
Please stay safe and warm.

Alysser
01-20-2019, 01:38 PM
We are up to 13.8 inches in Albany NY. Not really as much as I expected but the roads are awful!

Karen
01-20-2019, 02:18 PM
Pretty sure we have over a foot now, but more is falling, and it's hard to tell. Anyone wanna see pictures?