PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #720 - The New Year is coming!

cassiesmom
12-28-2018, 03:19 PM
It's cold and cloudy in Chicago today (unlike yesterday's 50F- so unusual for December). I have hot water on for tea. I am rummaging through recipes to prepare on New Year's day for luck. My grandparents always ate creamed herring, which I really don't like. When I was a staff nurse I had co-workers who would always eat greens on New Year's Day. So I have water on for tea, I can make coffee and there are probably cookies here somewhere. Welcome!

cats4ever
12-28-2018, 06:24 PM
Oatmeal cookies, maybe, or still some gingerbread ones?
I definitely take hot black tea, please.

Karen
01-03-2019, 02:42 PM
I have leftover Christmas cookies - spritz trees - to share! I am terribly sick, and just had some chicken soup, which will hopefully help.

phesina
01-03-2019, 03:47 PM
We're hoping you're well again very soon, Karen! Sending loads of warm good wishes and healing energies.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Sparkler and Galaxy and Pat

cassiesmom
01-03-2019, 05:26 PM
*making more tea and heating up more soup for Karen* I hope you feel much better soon!

Karen
01-04-2019, 04:35 PM
I feel about 10% better today, could even speak for a few minutes, which was an improvement. By all the evidence I have seen, this "bug" just takes a while. It wiped out Kermit entirely for almost three days, and I have needed more sleep than usual now that it is my "turn" to battle it.

cats4ever
01-05-2019, 01:16 PM
I'm that you are feeling a little better. Get as much rest and fluids as possible.
The bug this winter season seems to be especially obnoxious, everybody around me has been getting sick. I have been lucky so far!