PDA

View Full Version : Cat pees on the coach.....

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-17-2018, 04:03 PM
One of my friends has a problem with one of her cats.
She has a scottish fold since a few years, and in August this year, she got a british shorthair.
The first months, there was no problem, but only since a few days(week?) there is a problem....
He has a weird habbit: every night he pees on the couch where my friend usually sits in....
She asked me for advize about this.
I think that this is a kind of protest.....,
and that maybe he does not like that she doesn't stay in the livingroom
during the nights....! I also told her to take this cat:confused: to the vet, just to be sure.

Can anybody here know what to do? :confused:
Thanks!!

phesina
12-17-2018, 05:31 PM
That sounds like the best idea to me, too, Lut: first have the cat be checked by the vet, to see if there is some physical problem.

If there isn't, the next question is: Is this a form of protest? Did something change in the household routine about the time the cat started peeing on the couch?

Best wishes to your friend and her kitties! I hope this problem is solved without too much trouble.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cats4ever
12-17-2018, 05:47 PM
Lut, you gave your friend excellent advice. A visit to the vet will show if there's a physical problem, or if it is behavioral.

Karen
12-18-2018, 07:06 AM
Did she add a second litter box when she added the new kitty? Another thing to consider, as well as the vet visit of course!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-10-2019, 01:19 PM
UPDATE!

I was right!
My friend went to the vet, but no physical problems.
She bought a second litterbox and as soon as the cat realised that there was a litterbox for him ànd one for the other cat,
he stopped peeing on that couch!!!
Hurray!!!!

phesina
01-10-2019, 03:58 PM
Excellent!!!! That's wonderful news!

And that's great help and advice that you gave the kitties' people, Lut! You're a very good friend to them all!

Are the two cats getting along together all right? Our very best wishes to all concerned.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mon
01-10-2019, 04:53 PM
SO great!! Eww, who wants cat pee on the couch? Great news, well done and hurray!