PDA

View Full Version : New kitty.. Galaxy! PICTURES now!!!!! (posts 30 and 31)

phesina
12-15-2018, 06:18 AM
A new girl came home with me yesterday... Galaxy, a lovely Tortie about 14-15 years old.

She's in the bathroom for the time being.. She hasn't come out of her carrier yet, but at least she's turned around to face the open end! She did come out to use the litter box last night. And she's eating.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Randi
12-15-2018, 07:12 AM
Congratulations, Pat! And thank you for taking in an elderly kitty, not many would do that.

Galaxy will adjust to your home in no time, and want to cuddle soon, I'm sure. It will be such a special Christmas for you. :)

How is Sparkler taking it?

When you are able to to get some pics, I would love to see her!

A big welcome to Galaxy and love to you all! :love::love::love:

mbsmum
12-15-2018, 10:23 AM
Concatulations Pat on addition of senior furrbaby Galaxy.
Hpoe you Sparkler and Galaxy have a wonderful Christmas.

phesina
12-15-2018, 10:45 AM
Thank you, Randi and Prathima, and thanks from Galaxy too!

She is still in the carrier but lets me pet her and seems to enjoy it.

She was always rather shy at the shelter, too, so it may take a while for her to come around. I hope not too long!

phesina
12-15-2018, 10:57 AM
She had some severe dental problems before, and all her teeth were removed recently. I just picked up some yummy Friskies Chicken Pate versions for her to try out. That's what she was eating at the shelter.

I pulled back the top part of the carrier from the front. She has turned around again so she was looking up at me through that opening when I just went in the bathroom.

cats4ever
12-15-2018, 12:27 PM
How wonderful that you opened your heart and home to a senior kitty. I'm glad that her dental problems were taken care of.
Galaxy will have the best life possible with you!:love:
Looking forward to her pictures.

Queen of Poop
12-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Welcome Home Galaxy!! You're going to LOVE your new home and Meowmie!

phesina
12-15-2018, 04:42 PM
Thank you, Heidi and Gayle, from Galaxy and me, and Sparkler too, of course!

Felicia's Mom
12-15-2018, 09:11 PM
Welcome home Galaxy!:love::love:

cassiesmom
12-15-2018, 11:36 PM
Welcome Home, Galaxy! Congratulations, Phesina and Sparkler! ❤️

phesina
12-16-2018, 06:14 AM
Thank you, Nancy and Elyse!

phesina
12-16-2018, 04:22 PM
Galaxy seems to be doing all right.. she's still in the bathroom in her soft carrier with the side and part of the top open. She's eating just fine, and she's used the litter box.

Sparkler is the one I'm concerned about.. She has been staying back in the bedroom. I think she's intimidated by this new presence and doesn't know what to do about it.

I don't know what to do about this situation. Any ideas or suggestions? Please!

Thanks,
Pat, and Sparkler, and Galaxy too :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
12-17-2018, 02:55 PM
Galaxy seems to be doing all right.. she's still in the bathroom in her soft carrier with the side and part of the top open. She's eating just fine, and she's used the litter box.

Sparkler is the one I'm concerned about.. She has been staying back in the bedroom. I think she's intimidated by this new presence and doesn't know what to do about it.

I don't know what to do about this situation. Any ideas or suggestions? Please!

Thanks,
Pat, and Sparkler, and Galaxy too :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Fingers crossed and sending caring thoughts that all will be well!

phesina
12-17-2018, 04:50 PM
Thank you, Elyse.

Both of them have me concerned..

Sparkler seems to be doing all right now.. I spent some time last evening with her beside me on the couch, and I pet her as we watched TV. She has come back out into the living room today.

Galaxy pretty much stays in the carrier in the bathroom.. It's a soft-side one, and the front end is open and the top flap is open a little more than half the way back. That way I can see her from the top and whether she is facing front or back, and I can pet her. But it also gives her her "cave" at the back that she can relax in.

I leave the bathroom door open when I'm home, but she hasn't come out of the room yet. She comes out of the carrier to use the litterbox (whew!), but she hasn't done that yet today.

She's been peeing maybe a couple of times a day, but she hasn't pooped since Saturday, that I've seen anyway, and there isn't much space to hide some (unless it's under her in the carrier, and I sure hope not! I can slide my hand under her there, and I haven't felt anything other than fur and bedding. I don't quite know what to do about that. She's eating just fine.

OMIGOSH! I just now went to take another look in "her" room, and there she was in launch-position in the litterbox, so I trust some solid matter is on its way!!!!!

This is a work in progress, I think (I hope), and I can't expect miracles immediately.

cats4ever
12-17-2018, 05:59 PM
I think that you, Sparkler and Galaxy are doing ok. It will take a while for everything to normalize.
Let Sparkler sniff something with Galaxy's scent on it, and vice versa. Maybe some Feliway will help as well.

phesina
12-17-2018, 07:35 PM
Thanks, Heidi! That's a good idea, having them each sniff something with the other's scent on it. And Feliway might be helpful, too.

Galaxy did indeed deposit some solid matter in the litterbox.. a small glob of diarrhea and then a couple of solid poops.

phesina
12-18-2018, 11:14 AM
Thanks, Heidi. I don't know why I'm so worried about this this time. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've introduced a new cat to the household, and it's always worked out just fine!

cats4ever
12-18-2018, 11:50 AM
It'll work out fine this time as well! You are doing everything right.
To me, it was always stressful.
In Willa's case it didn't work out. Miss Kitty hated her all those years, and they had to be separate for all of their lives.:(
I think, though, that this was an exception.

cassiesmom
12-18-2018, 12:19 PM
It'll work out fine this time as well! You are doing everything right.
To me, it was always stressful.
In Willa's case it didn't work out. Miss Kitty hated her all those years, and they had to be separate for all of their lives.:(
I think, though, that this was an exception.

I agree! It will work out fine! Love to Sparkler and Galaxy! :love:

phesina
12-18-2018, 05:04 PM
Thank you, Heidi and Elyse.

Neither Sparkler nor Galaxy is an aggressive-type cat.

Galaxy is in the bathroom (door is open). She is facing forward in her carrier right now. She's eaten most of her dinner so far.

Sparkler hasn't eaten any of her dinner, so far. Usually she eats this (Pro Plan Turkey & Giblets Entree) just fine. She did come from the bedroom to the living room (past the bathroom door). Now she's gone back to the bedroom (past the open bathroom door). The bedroom is where she has HER caves to relax in!

She was just sniffing a piece of towel that had been lying next to Galaxy. Yesterday I gave Galaxy a towel to sniff that Sparkler lies on a lot. So they've been introduced to each other's odor.

Randi
12-19-2018, 04:12 AM
Letting them sniff each others towel is a good way of introducing them. Sparkler may be a little miffed that you have taken in another cat, but I'm sure they will be friends soon - seems that Sparkler has already worked up courage to go past the bathroom door. :cool: And Galaxy must be curious to find out who Sparkler is.

phesina
12-20-2018, 05:10 AM
Galaxy is spending a lot of time outside the carrier. I've been leaving the bathroom door open when I'm home. Last evening she went back into the carrier when I sat down to use the people-litterbox. I reached in the top and started skritching and petting her around her head... and she PURRED!!!

I'm going to introduce her to one of the rooms, probably the bedroom, after I show her where the litterbox in there is.

cassiesmom
12-20-2018, 11:58 AM
I am so glad Galaxy has purred for you! Welcome Home, sweet lady! And Sparkler, meowmie has more than enough love for you and another kitty. I'm sure you will get acquainted in time.

cats4ever
12-20-2018, 01:25 PM
You are making great progress. Your patience will pay off.
Headbumpies to Sparkler and Galaxy.:love:

phesina
12-26-2018, 08:17 PM
Brave Galaxy came out of her carrier today... and she even walked out of the bathroom to the hall outside where I'd set her dinner, and she ate it there!

I'll get some pictures up shortly.

cassiesmom
12-26-2018, 10:13 PM
Good girl, Galaxy! You are very brave!

cassiesmom
12-27-2018, 11:26 AM
How are the ladies doing today, Pat? :love: :love:

Thinking of you,
Elyse

phesina
12-27-2018, 01:00 PM
I left the bathroom door open overnight, and when I got up I saw a dark shadow move from the living room into the bathroom and then mysteriously into the carrier, her "cave"! When I go into the bathroom, I talk to her and pet her.

She came out of the carrier and right into the hallway to eat her dinner last evening! Seems that ...something (helps if it smells good) gets her to overcome her shyness!

Sparkler is being pretty much her usual self, but I think she still doesn't know what to make of this new ..presence in the apartment. I've spent quite a bit of time in the evenings giving her some lovin's, with her in the cat bed beside me and me with my hand on her petting all around.

cats4ever
12-27-2018, 01:10 PM
It sounds like everything is progressing nicely. Food can be a great motivator. It is for me!:D

phesina
12-28-2018, 06:11 PM
Here's a picture! -

phesina
12-28-2018, 06:12 PM
And here's another! -

cats4ever
12-28-2018, 06:30 PM
What a beautiful girl, and she doesn't look her age at all!:love:
She looks pretty relaxed in her carrier.

Felicia's Mom
12-28-2018, 09:15 PM
She is beautiful, Pat!:love:

mbsmum
12-29-2018, 02:33 AM
Galaxy looks great. Lots of pets and scritches:love:

phesina
12-29-2018, 06:10 AM
Thank you, Heidi and Nancy and Prathima, from Galaxy and me!

Yes, she's very relaxed in her carrier there. That's her private salon, her special safe room!

phesina
12-29-2018, 06:11 AM
Her microchip paper says she was born in January 2003. If that's accurate, then she is about to turn Sweet 16!

Randi
12-29-2018, 08:34 AM
I haven't been here much, but OMG... what a beaurtiful girl she is! She reminds me of Fister's mom.

And what progress.... she is coming out to eat in the corridor, and there has been no hissing or figting. All is good because of your patience and good care. :D

I look forward to follow her stories and see more pics.

phesina
12-29-2018, 12:51 PM
Thank you, Randi, from Galaxy and me! Was Fister's mom a Tortie?

Catty1
12-29-2018, 05:05 PM
What a gorgeous girl, a really rich coloured tortie!:love::love:

phesina
12-29-2018, 08:06 PM
Thank you, Candace, from Galaxy and me! Yes, her Tortie coloring is very rich.

She comes out of her carrier sometimes but stays there most of the time. I leave the bathroom (where the carrier is) door open, so she and Sparkler are at least aware of each other. I think Galaxy might come out of the room and explore more of the place when I'm in bed asleep!

I just took a look in the bathroom door. She was out of the carrier and meowed at me. I told her, you can come out if you want! Then I went and got a couple dishes of crunchy snacks for her and Sparkler, served Sparker's in the bedroom, where she is, and put Galaxy's across the hall from the bathroom door. She is over at the bowl chowing down right this minute as I speak (so to speak)!

phesina
12-31-2018, 08:47 PM
Galaxy is coming out into the living room! This afternoon I was sitting working on the computer, and I felt this tugging at my upper left leg. There she was on the floor next to me, reaching up and wanting some attention!

I'm giving Sparkler lots of lovies so she doesn't start to feel she's being usurped. She gave Galaxy the beady eye when she saw her across the room while we were watching the evening news on TV.

Happy New Year, all!!!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Sparkler and Galaxy and Pat

mon
01-01-2019, 12:17 AM
Galaxy is really beautiful, she wants your attention too! How wonderful, I am so glad she is with a very special person who loves her SO much! Happy New Year to you and Sparkler and dear Galaxy!

phesina
01-01-2019, 05:47 AM
Thank you, mon, from Sparkler and Galaxy and me!

cats4ever
01-01-2019, 11:02 AM
That's great that Galaxy is starting to feel comfortable in her new home. I'm sure that Sparkler will come around and be friends with Galaxy.
Happy New year to you, Sparkler and Galaxy!:love:

Heidi and the kitties

phesina
01-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Thank you, Heidi and kitties, from me and The Girls!

cassiesmom
01-02-2019, 10:59 AM
Galaxy is coming out into the living room! This afternoon I was sitting working on the computer, and I felt this tugging at my upper left leg. There she was on the floor next to me, reaching up and wanting some attention!

I'm giving Sparkler lots of lovies so she doesn't start to feel she's being usurped. She gave Galaxy the beady eye when she saw her across the room while we were watching the evening news on TV.

Happy New Year, all!!!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Sparkler and Galaxy and Pat

Good girl, Galaxy! And Sparkler, I am sure meowmie has plenty of lovies for both of you. Just in case she gets close to running out I am sending you loads more! xoxoxo

phesina
01-02-2019, 02:28 PM
Good girl, Galaxy! And Sparkler, I am sure meowmie has plenty of lovies for both of you. Just in case she gets close to running out I am sending you loads more! xoxoxo

Thank you, Elyse. Sparkler, and Galaxy and I, appreciate the loads more lovies!

phesina
01-02-2019, 08:16 PM
Galaxy is settling in somewhat, though she hasn't really relaxed. I leave the bathroom door open, and she comes and goes as she wishes. She still has her carrier in there to retreat to when she wants.

She lets me pet her quite often. She was lying on the floor behind me for a while as I've been typing this. A few minutes ago I got up and turned around and pet her for a bit. She let me do that. And then I turned around in the chair and reached toward her, but she headed for the bathroom. So I went in there and pet her for a bit more.

It's sort of like baby steps, or one step forward, one back~

She and Sparkler keep an eye on each other, but there are no open hostilities. They seem to co-exist quite well.

So that's the latest...

phesina
01-07-2019, 04:51 PM
Galaxy goes wherever she wants now. Right now she is relaxing in a cat bed in the living room. I don't know if she's explored the bedroom yet (I haven't seen her in there, anyway). That's "Sparkler's room," maybe!

She and Sparkler are coexisting nicely.. not buddying up but no hostility that I can tell. I still do my best to walk softly around her and approach her slowly. She often lets me pet her around her head and down her side and back. So this is a work in progress, going well!

mon
01-07-2019, 05:06 PM
Hurray! I believe things are going swimmingly! Compared to my two they may as well be BFF's! Well done, carry on 😺

cats4ever
01-07-2019, 06:04 PM
Pat, you are doing a fantastic job with your kitties.:love:

cassiesmom
01-07-2019, 09:48 PM
Love to Sparkler and Galaxy from me ❤️

phesina
01-08-2019, 04:48 AM
Thank you, Connie and Heidi and Elyse, from Galaxy and me (and Sparkler too, of course)!

Queen of Poop
01-08-2019, 02:29 PM
Sounds like you three ladies are going to make a great family. So happy to read that Galaxy is feeling more comfortable and that there are no harsh words between her and Sparkler.

phesina
01-08-2019, 03:17 PM
Thank you, Gayle, from us three ladies!

emily_the_spoiled
01-08-2019, 03:38 PM
It sounds like she has settled in just fine. Elmer sends his best wishes and head bumps :love:

phesina
01-08-2019, 03:47 PM
Thanks to you and Elmer, Cheryl! Galaxy sends her best wishes and head bumps back to him.