View Full Version : Winterstorm is approaching

cats4ever
12-07-2018, 06:09 PM
North Carolina is about to get hit by a major snow event. The prediction is anywhere from 7-12 inches of snow. It is supposed to start Saturday evening through Monday.
I love the snow, but I hope that there won't be any freezing rain!
A year ago, to the day, we had a major snow storm as well.
Bread and milk are selling well :D...

phesina
12-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Sending loads of good wishes that you all stay warm and safe!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Felicia's Mom
12-07-2018, 07:54 PM
I'll be thinking of you.

Sending warm wishes!:love:

Karen
12-08-2018, 08:32 AM
Fill some containers with water, and find any candles or flashlights you have. Then you'll be as prepared as you can be!

cats4ever
12-08-2018, 11:34 AM
Thanks everybody! We stocked up on everything. As long as the power doesn't go out, we should be fine.
We went to Old Salem today for some Christmas enjoyment before everything shuts down.
This is where the Moravians settled first. It's a neat place, a bit touristy, but still enjoyable.

http://www.oldsalem.org/

cats4ever
12-11-2018, 01:01 PM
We made it through the storm, hooray! But most secondary roads (we live on one) will have black ice for several days.
I tried to go to work yesterday (got a text that we would be on a 2 hour delay). I started cleaning my car, then I tried to get out of the driveway. I tried for about 30 minutes, then I decided to text my manager that I wouldn't make it.
When I looked at my phone, I saw another text saying we would be closed!!!
I texted back that I got the message, after digging and spinning tires for half an hour!:mad:
Spun tires today, but I eventually made out of the driveway, with some catlitter.