PDA

View Full Version : I am going through a nightmare.

monkeyluver
12-29-2002, 05:56 PM
I called my sister. My nephew was at his friend's and when I told her boy was she mad. She knows how much my monkids mean to me.

He came home (He's 17 I know you guys were wondering) and said he SOLD MY MONKEY! He sold it to this guy that wants to put the monkey into show buisness!

I asked every question and all were answered with "I dunno" How will my lil monkey ever live? Sometimes when I'm gone for awhile he cries. Going to a new home is very devestating to a monkey...well Aaron ever come home??

-Rachel

lovemyshiba
12-29-2002, 05:58 PM
What a jerk--have him arrested. You have to get him back, and I know you will do everything in your power to do so.
Good luck, fingers, toes, and paws still crossed.

Karen
12-29-2002, 06:17 PM
I agree. Your nephew has stolen something valuable from you. He needs to get Aaron back right now, or you should press charges. This is thoughtless, criminal behavior. What did he need the money for, anyway? Drugs? Why would a 17-year-old need money desperately enough to break someone's heart without caring? It is cruel to you, and even more so to Aaron, taken from a safe home where he is loved to who-knows-what kind of care?

Do you know any cops, or have friends who do? Perhaps an "unofficial" visit from a cop, who would then accompany him to the third party's place to retieve the poor moneky, might be the answer. If that's not possible, then the police should be notified, ASAP.

Aspen and Misty
12-29-2002, 06:24 PM
O I am so sorry! PLease do somethign to get your little monkey guy back! I know how much you loved him! He deserves a loving home like yours! I can't even belave that! ::hugs::

Ash

sammi
12-29-2002, 06:32 PM
You need to contact the police. Relative or not. Why would he do this to you??? What does your sister say about it? I am really sorry for you. Please keep us posted.

popcornbird
12-29-2002, 06:45 PM
OMG!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

WHAT A MEAN NEPHEW! You really need to get your monkey back. Contact the police, make them get information out of that kid, find the buyer, tell him what happened, give him information on where he can get his own monkey, and do all you can to get your pet back! Monkeys are very intelligent! Poor thing is probably crying. :( Do all you can to get him back home! Couldn't your nephew ask his parents for money? Even you? I'm sure you would have been more willing to give him the money he wanted than to have him steal your monkey! This is awful. You need to do everything to get your monkey back AND punish that kid. He may be your nephew and I know it is hard to punish your own nephew because niece and nephews are like your own children, but a crime is a crime, and even though he is your nephew, he NEEDS to be punished for what he did. Good luck. I hope you can get your monkey back. :(:(:(

Lando
12-29-2002, 08:22 PM
THat iis terrible. I can't believe he would do that. And you trusted him! Doesn't that mean anything to him?

RockyRoad
12-29-2002, 08:43 PM
I agree with everyone else, call the police. That was so mean to do that to you!! I'm so sorry and I hope you get Aaron back! People need to understand that animals are living things like us...:rolleyes:
Good luck!

that_figures5
12-29-2002, 09:55 PM
:mad::eek:OMG!!! HE SOLD HIM!!! I can't believe it! Have him arrested! I woudn't care if he was related or not, how could someone be like that especially FAMILY!?!?:mad::eek:

Twisterdog
12-29-2002, 10:54 PM
What does your sister say about this? Her son is a minor, therefore she is responsible for his actions. I would have a very serious talk with her, and tell her if she can't rectify this situation ASAP ... like in a couple hours ... that YOU will rectify it YOUR way, and she will NOT like the results.

Call the police, file a theft report, press charges. Not only for your pet's sake, but for this boy's sake. If he gets away with stealing a monkey for profit now, what is next? Stealing a car? Robbing a store at gunpoint? Perhaps if he learns a hard lesson now, he won't have to learn a harder one in a year, and maybe pay for it with his life.

Also, call the humane society, animal control, all the vets and tell them about this. Put an ad in the local paper describing the monkey. Offer a sizable reward for it's return, no questions asked.

Don't sit on this one. Every minute you wait to do something makes it all the more likely you will never see your monkey again.

joycenalex
12-30-2002, 08:53 AM
rachel, have you heard anything? i am so sorry this has happened to your fur baby and you.

ramanth
12-30-2002, 10:23 AM
This just makes me sick. :( :mad:

Please keep us informed. I agree with everyone else. The police should be called.

primabella
12-30-2002, 10:37 AM
!!!:eek: !!!!

omg, your nephew is such a jerk! no offense, but come on, you just don't steal a monkey and seel it to some business tycoon!?! i really hope you can get him back! :mad:

moosmom
12-30-2002, 10:59 AM
I would call your sister and tell if the monkey isn't returned within 12 hours, you are going to the police and file charges. Also remind her that since her son is a minor, SHE will be the one responsible. I'll bet you'll see your precious Aaron real soon.

Only reason I can think of that he'd sell Aaron is if he's on drugs and wanted the money to get high.

sottice
12-30-2002, 11:56 AM
Call the police. Take it from somebody in law enforcement!!! The quicker the better chance you have of getting Aaron back. Nephew or not, what he did was very WRONG! I hope you get him back soon. He is such a sweetie.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-30-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
What does your sister say about this? Her son is a minor, therefore she is responsible for his actions. I would have a very serious talk with her, and tell her if she can't rectify this situation ASAP ... like in a couple hours ... that YOU will rectify it YOUR way, and she will NOT like the results.

Call the police, file a theft report, press charges. Not only for your pet's sake, but for this boy's sake. If he gets away with stealing a monkey for profit now, what is next? Stealing a car? Robbing a store at gunpoint? Perhaps if he learns a hard lesson now, he won't have to learn a harder one in a year, and maybe pay for it with his life.

Also, call the humane society, animal control, all the vets and tell them about this. Put an ad in the local paper describing the monkey. Offer a sizable reward for it's return, no questions asked.

Don't sit on this one. Every minute you wait to do something makes it all the more likely you will never see your monkey again.

I totally agree. Call the police, raise as much fuss, plaster posters do everything possible to get him back. The person who has him may not know he was stolen and will bring him back if he finds out. Never the less, family or not, a crime has been done and it should be reported the sooner the better. I'm praying he will be returned to you safely and soon.