PDA

View Full Version : Graham made a momma proud again...

AdoreMyDogs
09-30-2001, 06:25 PM
Hi everyone. I was away this weekend in an all day class on Saturday for the Delta Society www.deltasociety.org (http://www.deltasociety.org) and Graham and I were evaluated today to become Delta Society Pet Partners and we made it! Graham is now a certified therapy dog :) When we get our photos developed and sent to us and we get the photo ID's we will start visiting the local hospitals and nursing homes. This is something that would make Graham happy and it will be nice to help people feel better. I know that if I were in the hospital I would be so depressed without canine visitation. I'll keep you updated when we do our first visit.

Daisy's Mom
09-30-2001, 07:29 PM
That's such a wonderful thing for both of you to be doing! I really beleive 100% in the healing power of pets. I've seen Daisy work her magic with my father. You are both wonderful and I hope that doing this brings joy to your lives! Congratulations!

KYS
09-30-2001, 07:37 PM
Graham is now a certified therapy dog When we get our photos developed and sent to us and we get the photo ID's we will start visiting the local hospitals and nursing homes. >>>>>>>>>

A big congratulations to you.
I think that is so fantastic
that you will be going to nursing homes
and hospitals. You and Graham will make a
lot of people very happy.

auggie
09-30-2001, 07:40 PM
Congratulations beautiful Graham. What a great accomplishment. You're going to make so many People happy and feeling better. All my coworkers adore your "laughing" Picture. Cain't wait to hear about your first Visit.

jackiesdaisy1935
09-30-2001, 08:31 PM
Congradulations to Graham and Mom, a Certified Therapy dog, that is so wonderful. I know if I was in the hospital that would be the first thing I would be looking for is some canine company. I think you both are just terrific.
Daisy, Perry and me

Sudilar
09-30-2001, 09:08 PM
Wonderful!!!!!
Congratulations to you both!!! You will have so much fun bringing love and licks to those who need it the most. Hooray!!!!!!!

RachelJ
10-01-2001, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Jackie:
<STRONG>I know if I was in the hospital that would be the first thing I would be looking for is some canine company. </STRONG>

Ditto for me...and Graham will be an perfect therapy dog. I hate to brag, but being one of the lucky ones who have
personally met Graham and had the pleasure of his company, I can attest to his special charisma. And that "laughing picture" Auggie was talking about..Leslie, I think you should have some copies made up, maybe with a pawprint stamped on the bottom, for Graham to give out to his special patients. I can't help but smile when I look at that picture.

P.S. Tucker and Hannah are begging me to ask if there is any chance Graham would be back in our area again.

AdoreMyDogs
10-01-2001, 08:21 AM
Thanks everyone :) This is something I have wanted to do with Graham since I got him 7 years ago. I have just never made the time or had the money to pay for the class and evaluation. He is getting older so I figured now or never.

Rachel, I would love to go to that area again, and actually I have since we met, but I only flew in for a couple of days and I was too tied up with work and I didn't have any personal days, so I could not meet again :( I don't know if work will fly me in anymore because our new office in the Chicago area is going well and they hired a few tech support people full time to handle that location. That's why they were flying me in so often, because they haden't yet hired tech support people and the computers and servers were having so many problems. I would like to drive down there again sometime, but at this point they don't need me. I can always drive down sometime and take a vacation, though :) I will absolutely tell you when I am in the Chicago area again and I have some free time to visit with you...you will be the first to know :)

Rottie
10-01-2001, 10:02 AM
Congratulations Graham!!! :D :)

karen israel
10-01-2001, 10:56 AM
OMG Leslie! What beautiful photos.. you're just as adorable as Graham. Thanks so much for sharing! My Mon, morning started out good, then went downhill and just at that time, I went into your photo album and felt like a million dollars! Not only will that awesome Graham-cracker make ill people happy, but he's done so to his adoring public. Thank you.
Don't get me wrong, I worship my Cody, but Therapy Dog he'll never be, which is OK..But I am so envious. Graham is one of my favorite guys, that face is irrisistable, that smile is priceless! :D He is just outstanding! I took Cody to the nursing home where my dad is, but he was a little frightened of the strange surroundings and wouldn't sit still, but let me tell you, as sick or delusional or comotose as the patients are, they always respond to a dog...and who wouldn't feel better, peting, hugging or smooching The Graham-Man????
Much heartfelt congratulations to both of you!!! I can see and feel your passion for each other, (I feel the same about Cody) and it's really indescribable! May many blessings abound the both of you! You GO girl!!!!!...Love, Karen & Cody

Albea
10-01-2001, 11:37 AM
Congratulations Graham and Leslie!
Canine Good Citizen and Therapy Dog in such a short time! You are a smart and sweet pup and you will make many people happy with your smile. :)

kobieeli
10-01-2001, 11:48 AM
&lt;wag wag wag wag wag&gt; Way to go, Graham! What a sweet and special guy you are! :D