PDA

View Full Version : Are you OK, Heidi?

Randi
09-13-2018, 10:31 AM
Heidi, I believe you live in either North or South Carolina, so I hope you'll be safe and dry now that the storm is coming. I feel so bad for all the animals who won't know what hit them, so i understand why some people won't leave their cats and dogs behind - I would not have left Fister, either.

My thoughts are with everyone who will be affected by the storm - hope it won't be too bad. Stay safe! :love:

cassiesmom
09-13-2018, 11:17 AM
Praying for Heidi, for Mr. Spunky's Mom and everyone who is within the reach of this massive storm.

cats4ever
09-13-2018, 12:41 PM
Thank you everybody for being so thoughtful!:love:
I live in North Carolina, and we are ok so far. The wind has picked up quite a bit this afternoon.
All we can do is wait, and hope for the best.
I would never leave my cats behind, I would rather perish with them.
I just took "before" pictures around the house. I hope the "after" pictures will look the same.:(

phesina
09-13-2018, 12:49 PM
We are sending love and good wishes and prayers for Heidi and Mr. Spunky's Mom and everyone who is in the path of this hurricane...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler

mbsmum
09-13-2018, 02:19 PM
We are sending good wishes to you and the the fur babies.
Prathima, Kaveri and Shiela

Catty1
09-14-2018, 03:46 AM
Fingers crossed for everyone affected by Florence. I truly hope everyone is safe and sound afterwards.:love:

cats4ever
09-14-2018, 05:07 PM
The wind is considerably stronger now, and the heavy rain bands are approaching our area.
Rain in the double digit amounts is forecasted. It will start late tonight.
We had a short power outage at work today, less than a minute. It might not even have been storm-related, but everybody got a little nervous.
Thanks everybody for their well wishes. We will get through this.

mon
09-14-2018, 05:10 PM
Best wishes you and yours stay safe and sound!

cats4ever
09-14-2018, 05:26 PM
Thank you, mon!

phesina
09-14-2018, 08:24 PM
More {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler!!!

cats4ever
09-15-2018, 10:09 AM
We are doing ok so far. The real test will be starting tonight into Monday, with double-digit amounts of rain predicted.
My boyfriend told me to stop watching the storm coverage on TV, because I started crying when I saw all the horrible things that have happened so far.

This picture was on the front of our newspaper, the Winston-Salem Journal, today, heartbreak and relieve, at the same time, that they were rescued:

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-17-2018, 03:11 PM

Aw.... what a sweet picture...! I hope that this man and his kitten are ok now!?

Every news update, I look for news of Florence hurricane. I'be seen tons of pictures from flooded places, and I'm so scared sering all that misery. It's such a catastrophy to see your property flooded... . My parents went through a similar situation. They had a butcher's shop in the centre of Ostend (famous port in Belgium). It was February 1953, and the sea-water reached 4m high in the house. They could flee to the first floor and had to stay there during 4 days! As they had 2 kids then, my sister was 4 and my brother was 7 months old, the red cross came with milk, and this was brought by a smalnavigated al boat inside the house to where the staircase was! The butcher's shop was completely ruined....

cats4ever
09-17-2018, 05:49 PM
We came out ok, but there are thousands of people who didn't. It is very heart-breaking to see all the devastation.

Randi
09-18-2018, 12:41 PM
Thanks for sharing that picture, wonderful that the kitten was saved - and the people, of course! :)