PDA

View Full Version : Found the greatest cat toy!

NoahsMommy
12-29-2002, 12:10 AM
It all started with a purple beaded necklace that I got from the New Orleans area of Disneyland. Noah and Noel LOVED it, next Basil was introduced to it and he too, loved it. Now its Olivia's turn....and she loves it too! :D

I was shopping with my mom after Christmas and found the greatest thing for $3.00! It is Christmas tree garland, just like the beaded necklaces. Check it out:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid44/pc7b99cecfab3bc49bdb0a945ca86f787/fcdf2aad.jpg
THis was just a little piece, it comes in a huge rope and you can just cut it to the length you want.

One warning though, if your cats are like Noah, watch them while they are playing with it...he likes to bite the strands in pieces. :rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
12-29-2002, 07:10 AM
yes, cats do like strings of "pearls". But I personally would not leave it unguarded because of the danger of swallowing the pieces.

hellostranger
12-29-2002, 10:05 AM
Wow! Where did you get that great cat tree?? I've never seen one with those scooped out cat beds on the top! :)

sasvermont
12-29-2002, 10:23 AM
I cannot leave beads or beaded scarves etc. because Graemer and Miley will chew the beads. I cannot even trust them with fake garland etc. as they chew the little stems from the flower parts. Although I do allow shoe laced hanging things, even stretchy sting things are chew apart. I do allow some things if they are supervised while playing with them.

It is nice that you have such good kitties. I wish I did. For others: beware of the danger of the cats chewing and swallowing of the beads!

:confused:

Strings in general can be fun, but have been known to kill cats that swallow them! Ugh!

neko1
12-29-2002, 03:08 PM
My guys would destroy that thing in 2 seconds!! They love to eat everything! Wish they would just play with it, instead of eat it:o I have to stick to square catnip pouches that have nothing on them

krazyaboutkatz
12-30-2002, 12:54 AM
I could never let my cats play with something like this either. They would tear it up and eat the beads. I stick with mice, balls, the cat dancer and quickdraw mcpaw.:)

catmandu
12-30-2002, 09:43 AM
I am lucky in that the Animal Welfare in Hamilton makes excellent cat toys < great big mice for $3.00 , for yeasrs, and the money helps homeless cats, a win win situation.

tuxluvr
12-30-2002, 10:07 AM
Ditto on the danger warnings - I had a recent scare with Ritz and a loooong piece of string - we were very lucky it didn't work its way into her intestines - she has this thing about swallowing strings, just can't be too careful. I think she might have watched that scene in Lady and the Tramp with the plate of spaghetti and taken it too seriously! :rolleyes: :eek:

We playwith them, but they always get put away when mom or dad not around to supervise.

NoahsMommy
12-30-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
yes, cats do like strings of "pearls". But I personally would not leave it unguarded because of the danger of swallowing the pieces.
We take it down when we aren't home, or close enough to watch them....I don't trust them at all! :D

They really love the noise it makes when two strands touch...you'd think there was food in there the way they attack it! :)