PDA

View Full Version : A strange thing that happened...

COCatMama
12-28-2002, 11:19 PM
When I was an infant, my parents drove down to California (from BC, Canada) and camped out on some beach near a nuclear reactor ! :O.
anyway, my mom told me later that she went to check on me in the tent, and found a HUGE iguana in the tent with me! I believe she said it was asleep and I was sorta curled up with it, asleep too!!
Of course, she freaked out and got the Iguana out of the tent, heh.
I have no fear of Reptiles, and in fact I LOVE them, except poisonous snakes, them I'm scared of with good reason!
I sometimes wonder if that encounter with the Iguana made me trust them, or had the iguana been smoking pot (it was the 70's!) and talked to me or something?? weird! My mom IS afraid of reptiles to some extent, but I never have been!!

Twisterdog
12-28-2002, 11:28 PM
Well .... that certainly sounds like a story you could tell when everyone's been smoking pot! ;)

Wierd! Iguanas can do some serious damage when they bite, and slap with their tails. I used to have a six foot long male iguana, so I know! I bet your mom was freaking out!

The iguana might have been seeking warmth, and liked your body heat. Mine used to like to take naps beside me on the couch. Not a very snuggly napping partner!

COCatMama
12-28-2002, 11:33 PM
Hehehehe yeah I know they can be dangerous, but they are vegetarians so I am not really afraid of them :).
I mean, a dog can bite too, heh.
I just think it's neat I was chillin' with the Ig!