PDA

View Full Version : D'oh

COCatMama
12-28-2002, 02:33 PM
Well, as it turns out, The Boss frowns upon people dating at work. I am peeved as the lady that *hired* me encouraged me to...flirt with The Cutie. The dispatcher, whom I am buddies with told me it is not a good idea for me to date The Cutie because the boss would be uh, choked. I felt my heart sink when he told me that, blah.
I told the lady what he said and she said to just HIDE IT, what kind of advice is that!?!? you can't hide something like that for long. In any case, The Cutie STILL has not asked for my number, nor has he asked to hang out after work, even after repeated hints by yours truly, and *other people* I mean, heck, I actually showed him my *cell phone* LOL!!! I cannot make it much more obvious than that, now can I? Ahh, dating! such ...fun *snicker*. I am not going to flirt with the guy anymore, I ALWAYS go after the ones that pay no attention to me!!!! He can chase me, or not, makes no darn difference, right? :). I am too old to play silly games anyways.

moosmom
12-28-2002, 08:00 PM
Lalania,

If you don't mind it, I'd like to give you a little friendly advice from one who has "been there, done that". The old saying is you don't sh*& where ya eat. I dated someone from work for 4 years. It was a very bad break up and I ended up leaving my job because I was humiliated (he cheated on me with one of my good friends who also worked there). Needless to say my nose was rubbed in it ever single day. My life became an open book. To say it was VERY unpleasant is putting it mildly.

The only advice I can offer you is to think about the repercussions should it NOT work out. You'd still have to work with him and it could turn out to be VERY awkward, as it did with me.

I have since learned and have kept my word not to date someone from work. It's not worth the hassle.

COCatMama
12-28-2002, 09:13 PM
oh no! that's awful, what a jerk for cheating geeeez.

The good news is that I only see The Cutie for like, once a week. :D