PDA

View Full Version : Monroe's allergies

cats4ever
07-23-2018, 06:48 PM
Since Monroe was diagnosed with heart failure in August 2017, I wasn't able anymore to control his skin allergies with prednisolone. We made it almost a year with on and off skin issues, but now it is getting extremely bad:(, and I feel so helpless about his discomfort.
I finally decided to try Atopica for cats. It is cyclosporine, and it can have a ton of side effects, including cancer, because it lowers the immune system.
I was always hesitant to use this drug, but besides his heart, Monroe also needs his skin to live.
I consulted with his vet, and she did some research, and it was decided to give Atopica a try.
It is pricey, but it will help Monroe.
Now he has finally turned into a million dollar cat.:D

phesina
07-23-2018, 07:43 PM
Dear Heidi, we are sending along loads of warm energies and loving good wishes that this will be helpful for dearest Monroe and relieve his allergy discomfort. Please give him some gentle pets from me, if he is up for them.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: to Monroe and you and all the family,
from Pat and Sparkler and the Angels

cats4ever
07-24-2018, 11:23 AM
Thank you, Pat!:love:
Monroe is always up for some pets, and he's saying "thank you" with a giant purr.

Catty1
07-24-2018, 11:23 AM
I know all about million dollar cats! I'm sure many of us do. :D

I hope Monroe is much more comfortable and has many more happy and healthy years with you. :love::love::love:

cats4ever
07-24-2018, 11:25 AM
Thank you, Candace!:love:
Those little fur balls are worth every penny!:)

cassiesmom
07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Dear Heidi, we are sending along loads of warm energies and loving good wishes that this will be helpful for dearest Monroe and relieve his allergy discomfort. Please give him some gentle pets from me, if he is up for them.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: to Monroe and you and all the family,
from Pat and Sparkler and the Angels

The same goes for me! More good wishes and loving thoughts, and gentle pets to sweet Monroe! xo

Your admiring fan,
Elyse

cats4ever
07-25-2018, 05:43 PM
Thank you, Elyse!:love:
Monroe's medicine is supposed to arrive on Friday. It will take 4-6 weeks of administering it to find out if it's working.

sleepgrazed
07-26-2018, 09:27 AM
It is pricey, but it will help Monroe.
Now he has finally turned into a million dollar cat.:D

The love you have for your cat is amazing. That is definitely true love! :)

phesina
07-26-2018, 10:48 AM
They're worth every penny of it, aren't they!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
07-27-2018, 02:23 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=60438&d=1519587562
Sweet Monroe, I hope today is a good day for you with your allergies. xoxo