PDA

View Full Version : Mindy's coughing

cats4ever
06-27-2018, 06:28 PM
For the past 2-3 weeks, Mindy has been coughing. It sounded different from a hairball cough, and she never spit one up.
I took her to work today, and her vet said it was another bout of bronchitis (she had one last fall). She got an antibiotic injection, which will hopefully help.
I also had her eyes checked. A few years ago, I noticed that the left pupil seemed to sit up higher. The whole eyeball is actually rotated up. It's visible in the picture. Lately, the pupils have different sizes.
For now, I'm observing her for vision changes which, thankfully, haven't happened yet.

cassiesmom
06-27-2018, 06:48 PM
Dear beautiful Mindy, I hope your bronchitis gets much better soon! :love:

Your admiring fan,
Elyse

Felicia's Mom
06-27-2018, 08:42 PM
I hope Mindy is feeling better!:love:

phesina
06-27-2018, 10:00 PM
We are sending our loving good wishes and healing energies to sweet Mindy that the cough clears up and her eyesight stays well.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mon
06-27-2018, 11:35 PM
Me too, hope Mindy is swiftly on the mend.

Randi
06-28-2018, 11:10 AM
I hope Mindy's antibiotic treatment will help, and also that her eye will be OK. I can see what you mean in the picture.

Sending lots of good thoughts and kisses to dear Mindy... and to you. :love:

cats4ever
06-28-2018, 12:34 PM
Mindy is sending purrs and headbumpies to thank you for all the well wishes!:love:

cats4ever
07-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Yesterday, Mindy vomited all of her supper 10 minutes after eating it.
From that point on, there was relentless vomiting all night. Between the throw ups, she had terrible coughing spells with some wheezing. And every few minutes, she would frantically paw at her ears which were red and hot.:(
Needless to say, there was no sleep, as she would not leave my side, sitting right beside my head, coughing and vomiting.:eek:
This morning, I took her to see her vet. Her lungs sounded clear, and her abdomen was not painful.
We took chest x-rays, which showed some bronchial patterns, signs of asthma.
There are two issues now: the coughing is most likely feline asthma, the vomiting and the skin issues are an allergic reaction of unknown origin.
Mindy received fluids under the skin, and anti-nausea medication, and a dexamethasone injection, a corticosteroid.
Right now, she is tuckered out in my lap. I gave her a few kibbles. So far, no vomiting.
Mindy has always been the healthiest of all my kitties. If she has indeed asthma, she has become the 4th special needs kitty in the house of cats.
Please send some healing thoughts.

Randi
07-03-2018, 10:31 AM
Oh poor Mindy. :( I send lots of healing thoughts and gentle scratches. Feed her only a little a time, but often. Hope she will feel better soon! :love:

mbsmum
07-03-2018, 11:27 AM
Lots of healing thoughts on the way to Mindy. Gute Besserung liebe Mindy.

cassiesmom
07-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Please send some healing thoughts.

Sending many healing thoughts! I hope Mindy feels much better soon. :love::love::love:

cats4ever
07-03-2018, 01:36 PM
Thank you all!:love:
I fed her a few kibbles, and she kept them down. She is very subdued right now. I'm thinking it might be because of the two injections.

phesina
07-03-2018, 04:20 PM
We are sending loads of healing thoughts and warm energies along to dearest Mindy, and to you and all the family, Heidi.

cats4ever
07-04-2018, 12:20 PM
Thank you, Pat!
Mindy is doing much better today, no coughing, food is staying down.
I'm certain that all of you had something to do with that.:love:

phesina
07-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Great news!

Well done, Mindy! Keep on keeping on, everyone!!!

cassiesmom
07-05-2018, 11:30 AM
Thank you, Pat!
Mindy is doing much better today, no coughing, food is staying down.
I'm certain that all of you had something to do with that.:love:

Yay, Mindy! (gentle little kiss) This is good news!

cats4ever
07-05-2018, 12:01 PM
Mindy started coughing again:(, and some wheezing as well last night. Now she is on oral steroids.
They seem to help, but she's not my bouncy and snuggly kitty right now. She's depressed and lethargic.
At least, she's eating.

phesina
07-05-2018, 09:25 PM
More healing thoughts and warm energies plus loads and loads of love to you, dearest Mindy, and to all your family, feline and human, who love you so much.

cats4ever
07-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Mindy is finally back to normal. The vet wants her weaned off the steroids by the end of the month, and see how she's doing. We are hoping that this episode was a one-time allergic reaction, and not actually asthma.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks everybody for your well wishes, and Mindy is sending her signature very loud purr!:love:

phesina
07-06-2018, 07:28 PM
Oh, what wonderful news! We are SO glad for you, dearest Mindy! And we're joining in with the hopes that this was just a one-time allergic reaction and not asthma.

What a beautiful girl you are, Mindy! Great photo there! Lovies to you and all your family.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler and Poppy Angel

Felicia's Mom
07-06-2018, 08:51 PM
Great News! I am glad Mindy is back to Normal!:D:D:D

Catty1
07-08-2018, 12:26 PM
Very hopeful news! I hope she's back to being herself in no time. :):love::love: