PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a puppy, temperment of a papion, please!?

Jessica12345
12-27-2002, 03:27 PM
hi! i was thinking about getting a new dog, a papion. I was wondering if anyone had one or new a lot about their temperment and could tell me about them...... Thanks!

primabella
12-27-2002, 03:40 PM
well, i used to watch "breed all about it" a lot before i decided on a sheltie and from what i remember about the papillon dogs is that they are great lap dogs and have great personalities. that's about it. sorry. sure tons of websites can help you out more :)

Crikit
12-28-2002, 12:29 PM
Honestly as with all dogs it all depends on the dog and it's envronment. If the Papillion is from parents with good temperment it should have a good temperment as long as it is treated properly. Sometimes dogs can start off with a good temperment but because of abuse or neglect it's personality can change. My friend has a papillion who is a complete sweetie but because of something that happened with a child he no longer likes kids, and just recently I got a papillion who I'm currently fostering but if things work out he'll be mine, anyhoo he's a complete sweetie as well but he's a timid little thing. So it really does vary from dog to dog, most of the paps that I've seen though are very sweet natured dogs of course most of them think they're big dogs, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Angels3
12-30-2002, 06:16 AM
I once went to a Dog Show to have a look at Papillons because I was thinking of getting one. On the way to the Papillons, I walked into a row of the loveliest little dogs I'd ever seen. I asked one of the people showing them what breed they were. She answered, 'Tibetan Spaniels'. I'd never heard of them before. So I asked all sorts of questions about them & went and read all about them in books. A couple of months later I was the owner of the little female Tibetan Spaniel named Angel. I'm now devoted to this unusual breed. Sorry but I never got to see the Papillons.