PDA

View Full Version : Monroe and his heart

cats4ever
06-05-2018, 12:54 PM
Last week, I took Monroe to work for bloodwork. It gets done every 3 months to make sure that he can tolerate all the medications he's taking.
I also had his vet to give him a check up. She heard crackles on the right side of his chest, which means there's fluid.
Also, the blood panel showed a few abnormalities.
That explained why he had slowed down some.:(
I asked her how long his medications would keep working. Of course, there's not a definite answer, but best case scenario would be a few more years.
Monroe is going back for a recheck on Friday. His vet will decide then if his diuretic needs to be increased.
All of this makes me incredibly sad. He's 10 years old now, a sweetheart and a bit crazy:D, because he was bottle fed.
I hope he can hang in there for a bit longer.

cassiesmom
06-05-2018, 01:16 PM
:love: :love: :love: Sending hugs and wishes for good health to sweet Monroe and meowmie!

phesina
06-05-2018, 01:57 PM
We are sending along loads of good wishes and prayers and warm energies to Monroe, and to you too, Heidi, and the rest of the family, that you all keep on keeping on ;).

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler and Poppy Angel

mbsmum
06-06-2018, 12:27 AM
Gute Besserung lieber Monroe. Bleibe gesund so lange wie möglich. Viele, viele Streicheleinheiten.

cats4ever
06-13-2018, 06:33 PM
Monroe went back for a recheck. The crackles in his chest are gone for now, and he seems to be feeling better, so no need to change his medications.
I was so relieved.

Catty1
06-13-2018, 06:42 PM
Monroe went back for a recheck. The crackles in his chest are gone for now, and he seems to be feeling better, so no need to change his medications.
I was so relieved.

I am so glad to hear this! Hugs to Monroe and his ever-loving Mom! :love::love::love:

phesina
06-13-2018, 09:32 PM
Oh, what wonderful news!!!!! We're doing the Happy Dance!

Well done, Monroe!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:, from Pat, Sparkler, and Poppy Angel

cats4ever
06-14-2018, 01:08 PM
Thank you, Candace and Pat!:love:
Headbumpies and purrs from Monroe.

cassiesmom
06-14-2018, 02:15 PM
I was so relieved.

Yay, Monroe! Gentle hugs, snuggles and kisses to you, sweetie! :love:

mon
06-15-2018, 04:33 PM
That's just the greatest news ever!

cats4ever
06-16-2018, 01:24 PM
Thank you, Elyse and mon!
More purrs and headbumpies from Monroe.

cats4ever
06-30-2018, 01:10 PM
Monroe started coughing again and laying around a few days ago.:( His vet listened to his chest today, and there are some crackles.
This time, she increased his furosemide.
I asked if his heart disease is progressing, and she said "not necessarily". It also could be related to his chronic allergies.
She explained it, but I was too distracted by my worries.
If the higher dose is not helping by tomorrow, I have to increase it even more, but I keep my fingers crossed.
It has been almost a year now since his diagnosis.

phesina
06-30-2018, 05:47 PM
We are sending loads of prayers and warm healing energies and love to dearest Monroe, and to you and the family too, Heidi.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mon
06-30-2018, 07:54 PM
So sorry to hear this. Crossing fingers and toes here, sure hoping Monroes health improves!

Felicia's Mom
06-30-2018, 08:54 PM
Sending prayers and lots lo love to you and Monroe!:love:

cats4ever
12-21-2018, 06:56 PM
Yesterday, Monroe had some diarrhea, and I thought he looked skinnier.
I took him to work, and he had lost some weight. The vet recommended some bloodwork. His kidney values had gone up some, which is to be expected because of the furosemide (his "fluid" pill).
This was the second vet who called Monroe an "old" kitty. I never considered a 10-year old cat particularly old, but Monroe is definitely slowing down. He sleeps all day and his appetite is not the best, I'm thinking about going back to an appetite stimulant.
Because of the heart disease, his heart has to work harder, which explains some of the weightloss.
I will recheck his bloodwork in 2 months, and in the meantime, I let him eat whatever he wants to. He seems to be pretty happy, and not in pain.

phesina
12-21-2018, 08:40 PM
We're sending good wishes and prayers and healing energies and warm loving thoughts to dearest Monroe. We're so glad he seems happy and not in pain and is eating yummy food.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy