PDA

View Full Version : Cancer

Queen of Poop
05-07-2018, 05:53 PM
PT family,

It is with much sadness that I tell you that I have breast cancer. I await a call from the cancer centre to begin the process of fighting for my life. Cali and Diego still need their Meowmie.

cats4ever
05-07-2018, 06:14 PM
Gayle, I am so very sorry for this awful news. I can't even imagine how you must feel right now.
You will have the strength and courage to stand up to cancer, and you have a wonderful support group here at Pet Talk, and Cali and Diego will be right by your side.
Sending love and best wishes!:love:
Heidi

cassiesmom
05-07-2018, 06:46 PM
Gayle, I am so very sorry for this awful news. I can't even imagine how you must feel right now.
You will have the strength and courage to stand up to cancer, and you have a wonderful support group here at Pet Talk, and Cali and Diego will be right by your side.
Sending love and best wishes!:love:
Heidi

I am sending love and best wishes, too! :love:
Elyse

phesina
05-07-2018, 08:12 PM
Oh, Gayle. I am so sorry. The cats and I are sending along loads of love and good wishes and warm strengthening energies to you, too!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Poppy and Sparkler

Felicia's Mom
05-07-2018, 08:19 PM
You are in my Prayers! :love::love:

mbsmum
05-07-2018, 10:13 PM
I send you best wishes and great strength for the future.

Karen
05-07-2018, 10:41 PM
Oh, Gayle - what scary news, but we know many, many breast cancer survivors, including several - but not limited to - Pet Talk people. You will be in our prayers for certain. Let us know if there is anything we can do, of course!

mon
05-08-2018, 09:36 AM
So glad you shared this with us. You never know if someone can help somehow. I wish this were not true but I know my cousin just got through testicular cancer and bowel cancer last year. He has a 7 yr. old and is 45. He is in remission.My Mother in law had breast cancer twice and ovarian cancer and is now a very healthy 72 yr. old. I know you are probably not that interested in a whole bunch of survivor stories about strangers you've never met. This is about you and I am sorry you have to take this journey, I have a lot of faith that you will be just fine. 💕 ❤️ Your kitties sure do need you 😻

Randi
05-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Gayle, I'm sending you lots of good wishes and strength to get through this. Like you say, Cali and Diego need you.

Try to stay positive and live healthy.

(((hugs))) :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-08-2018, 02:03 PM
Lots of prayers and wishes for the best possible outcome for you. The world needs your special light.:love:

Queen of Poop
05-10-2018, 04:56 AM
Thank you for your kind words and support. I have an appointment with the surgeon at the Women's Health Centre on May 15 at 10 am. This is scary.

Catty1
05-10-2018, 10:46 AM
Gayle, my mom went through this when she was 81. Age doesn't matter, but in our experience the whole process went so quickly it was almost a blur.

I hope your surgeon is Lafreniere. He is excellent and has a wonderful "bedside" manner. But there are other wonderful surgeons here.

Do ask for some home care for your first few days home.

A couple of days before Mom's surgery they marked the sentinel lymph nodes. During surgery several of those nodes were excised, sent to pathology. If they are negative for cancer then they are not removed. If they are, then a bunch of lymph nodes go. This saves a second possible surgery.

Please message me if you want me there to hold your hand, bring you Popsicles, buy cat food, bring something to the hospital that you forgot to buy.

Most important: buy a pair of comfy and effective ear plugs. You'll sleep much better in the hospital if you do! ;)

Hugs.:love:

Queen of Poop
05-15-2018, 05:31 AM
Today I meet the surgeon. I'm hoping he has a plan in place to save my life.

Karen
05-15-2018, 11:31 AM
Tell him we insist on it! You are too important to lose!

cats4ever
05-15-2018, 01:47 PM
Today I meet the surgeon. I'm hoping he has a plan in place to save my life.

This is the only plan he needs to have!
Positive thoughts are on the way.:love:

Queen of Poop
05-15-2018, 05:34 PM
My plan is: lumpectomy, chemo (I will lose my long hair), radiation and 5-10 years of hormone therapy. Looks like if I can get thru all of this I'll be around for the remainder of Cali and Diego's lives.

mon
05-15-2018, 06:16 PM
You will get through all of that, I have absolute faith that you will.

Queen of Poop
05-15-2018, 06:28 PM
You will get through all of that, I have absolute faith that you will.

Thank you. That means so much to me.

phesina
05-15-2018, 08:11 PM
I agree. You are very strong, Gayle, and you will do this, get through it all.

Sending along loads of positive thoughts and good wishes and warm healing energies and love,
Pat and Sparkler, and Poppy Angel of course, too.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
05-16-2018, 07:00 AM
Every once in a while, people don't lose their hair during chemo, only time will tell. Buy yourself an eyebrow pencil now - no one tell you you lose eyebrows, too!

But you can do this, and we will be with you every step of the way.

Catty1
05-16-2018, 09:16 AM
You will absolutely beat this, Gayle.

You also have the best fur nurses in the world who love you and will make you all better! :love::love:

cats4ever
05-16-2018, 05:58 PM
Your strength and willpower will get you through this.
Callie and Diego will be right by your side.:love:

Queen of Poop
05-17-2018, 08:21 PM
My surgery is booked for Wednesday, May 23.

Catty1
05-17-2018, 09:58 PM
Yes - when my mom went through this everything happened quite quickly. We had no time to really absorb all the information we were given along the way.

You'll beat this.:love:

mon
05-18-2018, 07:23 PM
Please don't be afraid, you will be just fine. I am not sure why, but I just know you will. I know that if I could hold your hand or do it for you I would. I just bet that you know it's going to be alright deep down as well. Fear is normal and human, no way to avoid it. Even the very best of the best peeps get scared. Everyone's on your side honey 🌹🌟❤️🌺

Queen of Poop
05-23-2018, 05:27 AM
Thank you so much for your support. It's surgery day. 10:45 am Calgary time.

phesina
05-23-2018, 05:48 AM
We're sending along all our good wishes and warm energies and prayers and love.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
05-23-2018, 10:42 AM
Love you, we'll be thinking of you and praying the Sir Jury is kind!

mon
05-23-2018, 12:29 PM
Sending positive thoughts and the very best wishes 😻❤️

Randi
05-23-2018, 03:01 PM
I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts for a successful surgery. :love:

cats4ever
05-23-2018, 06:17 PM
Best wishes! Everything will turn out perfect.:love:

Queen of Poop
05-23-2018, 08:01 PM
Hi everyone. Surgery went well. Home to recover. Very sore.

phesina
05-23-2018, 08:56 PM
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler and Poppy Angel!

mon
05-23-2018, 10:03 PM
We are SO glad you are home! Follow all of the Dr.s orders, be a good girl and don't overdo it. Eat right too! ❤️💕

cats4ever
05-24-2018, 01:25 PM
I'm glad that everything went well. I'm sure that Callie and Diego are right by their meowmie's side.:love:

Queen of Poop
05-24-2018, 07:11 PM
Cali hasn't left my side. She's being a wonderful nurse kitty. Feeling better, not so sore, but quite tired.

Thank you for the support.

phesina
05-24-2018, 07:43 PM
Cali knows just how to take care of her dear Meowmie! (And so does Diego, I bet, too!)

mrspunkysmom
05-24-2018, 08:50 PM
I just now got back here. Hugs. Glad the surgery went well. Kitty nurses are the best.

Catty1
05-25-2018, 02:22 PM
I'm glad everything went well. I hope you have home care or a couple of people to help you for the next few days. I hope you even get spoiled!:):love:

cassiesmom
05-25-2018, 04:42 PM
cali hasn't left my side. She's being a wonderful nurse kitty. Feeling better, not so sore, but quite tired.

Thank you for the support.

(((hugs)))

Randi
05-26-2018, 10:17 AM
I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. Now you have to take it easy and let your sweet kitty nurses comfort you - Cali sounds like she is a wonderful help. :)

Hope you feel better soon, and you'll fully recover. :love:

Felicia's Mom
05-26-2018, 08:40 PM
I'm glad the surgery went well and may you start feeling better soon!

Trinityagain
05-31-2018, 06:15 AM
Lots of hugs and happy thoughts your coming you way from this soon to be 3 years clear survivor. You got this...PM me if you need to talk, vent, ask questions or whatever....

mon
06-02-2018, 07:51 PM
I sure hope you are feeling better, don't forget to eat healthy and take vitamins! ❤️

Queen of Poop
06-07-2018, 09:07 PM
Lots of hugs and happy thoughts your coming you way from this soon to be 3 years clear survivor. You got this...PM me if you need to talk, vent, ask questions or whatever....

I would love to have your advice and experience. I'll be in touch once I get the results and the plan for chemo and radiation. Thank you so much.

Queen of Poop
06-07-2018, 09:08 PM
I sure hope you are feeling better, don't forget to eat healthy and take vitamins! ❤️

I am healing. I've cut all sugar and carbs, that will feed the cancer. Taking loads of vitamins and supplements to assist my immune system.

Queen of Poop
06-07-2018, 09:09 PM
Placed an online order for 3 fabulous wigs tonight.

Karen
06-07-2018, 09:43 PM
That's fun! Sound good so far!

mon
06-09-2018, 02:56 AM
It is always great to hear from you, no matter how you are feeling. We are always on your side, rooting for you, high or low! 🤜🏻🤛 Did you get a Afro wig? Maybe a Tina Turner or a long blonde one. So many options, go wild woman. I am very conservative hair wise but.....I think I would try a long black one first 👍🏿 Okay, maybe a took or a turban 🤔😬🙄 A wig might be pretty hot on the head?

Queen of Poop
06-09-2018, 06:42 AM
It is always great to hear from you, no matter how you are feeling. We are always on your side, rooting for you, high or low! 卵亂 Did you get a Afro wig? Maybe a Tina Turner or a long blonde one. So many options, go wild woman. I am very conservative hair wise but.....I think I would try a long black one first  Okay, maybe a took or a turban 樂 A wig might be pretty hot on the head?

I'm thinking it might be hot on the head, but with no hair, maybe not. I ordered one that is similar to my own hair, one that is long and dusty pink, and one called Elsa, which I think will be my favorite.

Thanks for the support Mon.

Trinityagain
06-11-2018, 08:06 AM
There is a radio DJ here in Pgh who has a charity that will pay part of the cost of a wig for people. I got most of mine covered by her and then wore it for maybe a week...I totally loved the bald look...I will have to find a picture to share...whatever you do Totally Rock It! A positive attitude and a great support group are the best things to have to get thru this. And as a good friend told...schedule your meltdowns. You do not have to be strong all the time, let people help you. This is a scary thing to go thru but you will get thru it!

Queen of Poop
06-19-2018, 05:03 AM
I saw the surgeon yesterday and received the results. They removed three cancerous lumps (2, 1.7 and 0.3 cm). Good margins on all of them. The lymph nodes were cancer free. My file goes to the cancer centre now and they will review. In 2 to 3 weeks they will call me to discuss their plan. They want me to have 6 weeks of healing time before treatment begins.

Trinityagain
06-19-2018, 08:44 AM
Happy tears here! SO glad to hear the clear margins part, and the fact that your lymph nodes weren't affected, that is wonderful!!! Lots of love and hugs coming your way!!!:love::love::love::love:

Karen
06-19-2018, 11:25 AM
Yay, that's great that the margins were clear, and that your lymph nose were unaffected.

(The power of Pet Talk prayers!)

mon
06-20-2018, 01:39 PM
That is the best news! So good to hear from you, hope your keeping your spirits up. We are all so glad to hear the great news!!

phesina
06-20-2018, 01:44 PM
WONDERFUL news!!!!! Happy Dances here!

Sending along continuing good wishes and loads of :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:.

cats4ever
06-20-2018, 05:29 PM
What great news! Best wishes for speedy healing.:love::love::love:

Alysser
06-27-2018, 09:55 AM
I am so sorry to hear this, I am just seeing this now.:love::love: My mom had breast cancer maybe 11 years ago now and it was scary but you don't need to fight it alone. Please keep us updated.

Queen of Poop
06-27-2018, 07:45 PM
The cancer clinic called, I meet the doctor July 18 at 8 am. So I get a few weeks reprieve to finish healing.

phesina
06-27-2018, 10:03 PM
We are sending along loads of good wishes and warm healing energies. We're with you every step of the way, Gayle!

mon
06-27-2018, 11:30 PM
So great to hear from your fabulous brave self! You are doing beautifully, wishing you everything sweet and lovely.

cassiesmom
06-28-2018, 11:10 AM
Saying prayers and sending positive thoughts! (((HUGS))))

Queen of Poop
07-19-2018, 04:58 AM
I start chemotherapy on July 31. I will have 6 rounds. Finished by Christmas. Then comes radiation. I will lose my long hair. I've scheduled a hair appointment for July 28th to have it cut short and say goodbye to my locks on my terms. I'm scared, nervous and determined not to let this get the better of me.

Randi
07-19-2018, 05:23 AM
Get the rest you need and prepare what you can. It's a good idea to have your hair cut short.

Although the treatment will be tough, I'm glad you're determined to get though this... and you WILL! I send you lots of comfort, good wishes and love.:love:

Trinityagain
07-19-2018, 09:42 AM
I had a shave my head party with my closest friends and a fair amount of wine ;) I was ok with the loss of my hair, losing my eyelashes and eyebrows freaked me out as it seemed to make me lose all color in my face...I compared myself to a naked mole rat :) keep a positive attitude but allow yourself to process things...a very good friend told me to schedule my meltdowns...allowing time to fall apart was important. Also important, let people help you! You can do this!!!:love::love::love::love:

phesina
07-19-2018, 09:58 AM
We are sending you loads of love and comfort and good wishes and warm healing energies, Gayle. You have friends around the world here on your side! We all know you can do this and you will get through it.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler

cats4ever
07-19-2018, 12:56 PM
You have made it so far. Your strength and determination will get you through this!
As Pat said, you are surrounded by friends from all over the world.:love:
Sending all the best and healing thoughts.
Heidi

mbsmum
07-19-2018, 10:26 PM
Best wishes and healing thoughts coming to you from Switzerland. Take care.

Catty1
07-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Hugs. One thing at a time - although they are huge things.

There are cancer support groups. The friends I have who attend them find them absolutely wonderful.

I suggest you look through the Wellspring website if you haven't done so already.

https://wellspringcalgary.ca/

mon
07-20-2018, 03:37 PM
Just sending kind wishes and comforting thoughts to you as you go through this challenging and scary journey. We are all rooting for you and just know we have faith in you and are all here, all in, and on your side! You will do beautifully I'm sure.

Queen of Poop
07-30-2018, 05:08 AM
Thank you all for your continued support.

Today is my pre chemo appointment at 9 am. I start 2 of the medications today. As if my stress over this isn't enough, my fiance has now banished me to the spare bedroom. I just don't know what to do with this.

phesina
07-30-2018, 05:19 AM
Oh, Gayle, big hugs for you...

mon
07-30-2018, 02:21 PM
Sending you all the best, so sorry your feelings are hurt about the spare bedroom issue??? I cannot fathom what his reasoning is but he must believe he has one. Maybe you will rest better if he snores. Maybe he can go to the spare bedroom ❤️ Maybe he can go to, oh never mind. Take care of yourself first no matter what, you deserve the best, always.

Karen
07-30-2018, 07:08 PM
There are times when it is best for patient and loved on to sleep apart, especially when radiation is involved. Also, you immune system is about to be knocked down to zero, and he worries about accidentally infecting you somehow?

Have been both radioactive and a cancer patient and the spouse of one, myriad possibilities come to mind.

You will both be in our prayers.

cats4ever
07-30-2018, 07:10 PM
You certainly don't need additional worry and stress in your life.
I wish you all the strength to deal with everything that comes your way!
Sending healing thoughts and love.:love:

Queen of Poop
07-31-2018, 05:30 AM
Thank you all for your continued support. Today is the day. My breakfast is a big slice of pumpkin pie, my very favorite thing!

Cali and Diego have been great fur nurses thru this so far. Love them so much.

phesina
07-31-2018, 07:59 AM
YUM!!!

And how comforting that must be for you to have such a great nursing staff looking after you!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler

mon
07-31-2018, 03:32 PM
Breakfast of Champions! I sure hope everything went well and it is not as scary after the first day! I'm glad your loving kitties are there for you too.❤️

Queen of Poop
07-31-2018, 04:13 PM
Home, first treatment done, 5 more to go. Had no issues, no problems. Feel fine right now. Next one is August 21.

phesina
07-31-2018, 04:48 PM
Well done, Gayle! And now you are home in the hands, or paws, of your expert nursing staff!

mon
07-31-2018, 10:12 PM
So very glad today went so well! You are doing great!!

Trinityagain
08-08-2018, 10:43 AM
Just checking in to see how you are feeling......

Queen of Poop
08-09-2018, 05:10 AM
Just checking in to see how you are feeling......

Thank you for checking in.

I've not been feeling so great, but not as bad as could be. The carboplatin they gave me has affected my ears, they hurt far worse than the worst strep throat ever. It took 3 days for the pain to stop, now I'm left with ringing that does not stop. I'm now hay feverish, not sure why. Reported this to the oncologists nurse. I'm not as fatigued as I thought I might be, so that's a bonus. Also no nausea or vomiting.

My head shave is booked for Monday, August 13th.

5 more treatments and I'm done.

Randi
08-09-2018, 10:30 AM
I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling so great, but I guess that is to be expected. Sending lots of love, hugs and healing energy your way! :love:

It's a good day to have your head shaved... the moon is on the rise then. They say, never have a haircut when the moon is waning, or you will regret. ;)

phesina
08-09-2018, 02:08 PM
Dear Gayle, I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling that great, but I'm glad it's not as bad as it could be. I hope the ear-ringing stops and you get over the hay fever feeling soon!

Loads of {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler

Felicia's Mom
08-09-2018, 08:17 PM
Sorry you aren't feeling great!

Sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts!

mon
08-10-2018, 03:46 AM
Hate that you are feeling poorly. My mother in law is here on holiday and has had cancer 3 times. Twice with breast cancer, but is now in her late 70's and has been cancer free for 6 yrs. now. I asked her if she had any tips on getting through the side effects of chemo and she highly suggests that you Google Essiac Tea, swears that it helped her tremendously. She also said CBD oil is suppose to be very helpful but has no experience using it personally as she did not know of it at the time. Anyway, you might benefit from the Essiac tea, it is available in Canada and she got hers at health food stores on Vancouver Island. I am not sure if this helps but I sure am wishing you well and hope you are feeling better soon. p.s. Please don't worry about your hair, I'll bet you'll look fabulous.

Queen of Poop
08-12-2018, 07:24 AM
Thank you Mon for asking your MIL for tips for me. I had actually just been reading about the Essiac tea, so it's good to know that someone used it and found it helpful. I'm on the wait list for CBD oil from Hempworks, theirs is pure with no THC.

Have found that diaper rash cream is really good for my sore nose. Had a few nose bleeds and several very sore spots. Never even thought of losing my nose hair, without it come a whole host of aggrevations.

Going into what is considered my good week. When you start to feel better because the chemo is mostly out of your system. Next treatment is August 21.

Head shave is tomorrow, Monday, afternoon.

cats4ever
08-12-2018, 01:08 PM
You are incredibly brave and strong, Gayle. I hope that you get to relax, going into your chemo-free week.
Sending more healing thoughts and love!:love:

mon
08-12-2018, 06:43 PM
I hope you are feeling a bit better. I'm sure you aren't looking forward to getting your head shaved tommorrow but guess it's best, wish ya didn't hafta. It willl grow back, pretty as ever. You sound very positive, that's good. We're here for you, high or low, that's for sure. Definately want to help you keep your spirits up🤓😎😀😻

Queen of Poop
08-20-2018, 07:42 PM
Chemo Round 2 is tomorrow. They're going to cut back the drug that caused my ear pain/ringing by 20%, we'll see if that helps. Head shaved last Monday, today, the fuzz that's left is falling out like snow falls. Still have eyebrows and eyelashes for now.

Thank you all for your support and kind words. I truly appreciate the time you take to lift my spirits. I'm feeling very alone in this and rereading your comments helps when I'm down.

phesina
08-20-2018, 08:16 PM
Dear Gayle, we're sending you loads of love and good wishes that Chemo Round 2 goes smoothly and that the ear ringing and pain will be less with the cutback on that drug.

More {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler

mon
08-20-2018, 09:01 PM
I can't imagine what you are going through but maybe one day I will. So sorry for all the freaky stuff you must endure but it seems to be the best protocol Drs. have to offer and I am sure you will get through this with flying colours. You just hang in there and know that we all have your back here at Pet Talk and are wishing the best for you every single second. Sending the biggest, heartfelt hug,brave girl 🌹❤️

Trinityagain
08-21-2018, 10:29 AM
Gayle, just sent you a private message....take care of yourself!

Queen of Poop
09-09-2018, 07:45 AM
I can't imagine what you are going through but maybe one day I will. So sorry for all the freaky stuff you must endure but it seems to be the best protocol Drs. have to offer and I am sure you will get through this with flying colours. You just hang in there and know that we all have your back here at Pet Talk and are wishing the best for you every single second. Sending the biggest, heartfelt hug,brave girl ❤️

I sincerely hope you never have to go thru chemotherapy Mon. I sure do appreciate your support! 💖

Queen of Poop
09-09-2018, 07:46 AM
I've reached the half way point. Tuesday's chemo will be Round 3. After that there's just 3 more treatments.

Karen
09-09-2018, 10:30 AM
Woo hoo - every milestone is important!

phesina
09-09-2018, 12:15 PM
That's great! Well done, Gayle!!!

More {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler

cats4ever
09-09-2018, 12:33 PM
That's wonderful!
You're doing great, Gayle.:love:

Randi
09-10-2018, 05:56 AM
Best wishes for round three today, Gayle - you'll get through it. Stay positive! :love:

mon
09-10-2018, 04:36 PM
Thank you for the update. Stay strong, I know you are. You are a hero, even when you don't feel like you are, that's a fact 😘 Wish that I could make you your favorite dish and deliver it with a million flowers 🌹

Queen of Poop
09-11-2018, 05:08 AM
Thank you everyone.

My oncologist is changing out the carboplatin that was causing me ear problems for something called cyclophosphamide. This one won't bother my ears but comes with a ton of other nasty side effects. It's going to drop my red and white blood cell count and possibly damage my bladder. Lovely! But it will also kill any cancer that remains.

Nervous about this round.

cats4ever
09-11-2018, 01:19 PM
It sounds definitely scary. I'm sure you can trust your oncologist to give you the most effective treatment, while trying to minimize side effects.
Wishing you strength and sending healing thoughts!:love:

phesina
09-11-2018, 05:14 PM
We are sending along loads of good wishes and prayers and warm healing energies to you!

You will do this. We know how strong you are!

mon
09-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Please try not to worry, I know it's easy for me to say 🤓 I hope you are eating as healthy as possible and maybe listening to music you love, being with freinds or family who you enjoy and lift you up. We are on your side every step girl 💕❤️😻

Trinityagain
09-14-2018, 09:33 AM
Hey Gayle, just checking in to make sure you got my email...and hoping things are getting better each day. Stay positive! I know it can be hard but it really does make a difference! :love::love::love::love:

mon
09-19-2018, 08:39 PM
I was just thinking about you and all that you are going through today. Sure want to wish you well and send you all the positive energy I have. 😍

Queen of Poop
09-20-2018, 05:00 AM
Thank you for checking in Mon and Trinityagain. I did receive your email.

The change to cyclophosphamide has not been good. 6 hours after treatment, for about 30 minutes I felt like my chest was being crushed, my heart rate dropped into the low 50's and I had terrible pain if I tried to lie down. I did wake up the next morning and those issues had all passed. The nausea hit me Thursday, it's been with me ever since. I'm taking ginger capsules to keep it at bay, the prescription meds make me very tired and zombie like. I believe my blood is messed up too.

This round has not been good at all.

October 1 I have my bloodwork done and see the oncologist. He's going to get an earful this time!

cats4ever
09-20-2018, 12:56 PM
I am so sorry that you are experiencing all those side effects, and this drug was supposed to be a better alternative to the previous one!
Sending you healing thoughts:love:, and hoping that your bloodwork will be ok. I hope that your oncologist will come up with something more tolerable this time.

mon
09-20-2018, 05:47 PM
I have to echo cats4ever. You were hoping this would be easier on you but ...apparently not so much 🙈 Sending all the support and strength your way, hope you are getting a lot of rest and being kind to yourself. Sure wish there was something I could do, keep on keeping on, you are doing your very best and you are doing it beautifully.

Queen of Poop
10-08-2018, 09:29 AM
So for round 4 we dropped the C drugs completely. I only received herceptin and docetaxal. The side effects have been minimal. A few days of nausea and low energy. This one has been much more tolerable. 2 more rounds to go, not sure if the oncologist will desire to add back the C drugs or not, hoping not. Next bloodwork Oct 22, this is also the day I get my first echocardiogram to see if any damage has been done to my heart. Round 5 is October 23.

Round 4 we had a 40 cm dump of snow so I wore a Santa hat which delighted and appalled the medical staff. Since round 5 is close to Halloween I'm going to wear a witches hat and bright pink wig. I've found a pink pumpkin bucket and will fill it with candy treats for the medical staff and other cancer patients.

Round 6 I get to RING THE BELL! To signify the end of chemo, 3 days before my birthday.

Karen
10-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Sounds like a great plan - a sense of humor always helps the healing process, I think!

Queen of Poop
10-22-2018, 07:26 PM
Round 5 tomorrow. No "C" drugs to be used. One more after this one and I'm done!

phesina
10-22-2018, 08:43 PM
Sounds good, Gayle. You're doing a fantastic job, hanging in there and getting all these things done! Sparkler and I are sending along loads of good wishes and warm energies.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from us!

Karen
10-22-2018, 08:56 PM
Good luck - we'll be thinking of you! :)

mon
10-23-2018, 03:52 AM
You are doing beautifully. Sending best wishes that you will accept and receive, every little thing that your heart desires ❤️💕

Catty1
10-23-2018, 12:28 PM
Woohoo! You've got this! :D

Trinityagain
11-09-2018, 01:26 PM
checking in again...you should be close to the last round...or did you have it already? I know they went by so fast for me, hoping it is the same for you! sending lots of gentle hugs!

Queen of Poop
11-09-2018, 07:25 PM
checking in again...you should be close to the last round...or did you have it already? I know they went by so fast for me, hoping it is the same for you! sending lots of gentle hugs!

On Tuesday next week I have my final chemo. Very excited!

mon
11-10-2018, 01:35 AM
So wonderful to know. I am so Happy Trinityagain asked beacause I wanted to ask too! Alright then, you sound so positive and great, I am sure you will be relieved after the last one. Hugs and best wishes to you always 💕❤️😻

Queen of Poop
11-10-2018, 07:39 AM
I'll be glad to get round 6 done. Round 5 was pretty easy, only one day of nausea. But it started the loss of my eyebrows, they are a mere shadow of themselves now. It also caused a lot of twitches in the nerves in and around my eyes as well as vision problems. The docetaxal chemo causes fluid build up in the body, I see it in my feet, my torso and apparently behind my eyes. I'm looking forward to having the side effects diminish and hopefully go away. I can't wait to have hair on my head again. With winter upon us, it's snowing as I write, I find my head, without hair, gets damn cold!!

Thanks all for your continued support, I TRULY appreciate each and every one of you. 💖💖💖

phesina
11-10-2018, 10:15 AM
You are doing a fantastic job, Gayle! I'm so glad to see how well you are dealing with all this :).

We're with you all the way!

Loads more {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler!

cats4ever
11-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Way to go, Gayle! I hope that the side effects are getting less and less every day.

Trinityagain
11-12-2018, 07:58 AM
I totally understand the fluid issue...I celebrated the day I actually had ankles again :) you will get thru this and get back to a state of "normal"...I promise!

Queen of Poop
11-12-2018, 05:15 PM
I totally understand the fluid issue...I celebrated the day I actually had ankles again :) you will get thru this and get back to a state of "normal"...I promise!

Thank you for your comment about the fluid issue. Feeling really uncomfortable and alone in my struggle. I can't wait to get back to normal - I know it won't be exactly as before, but really close would be good.

mon
11-12-2018, 11:54 PM
Sure hope you are going to be feeling better ASAP. It must feel like a very long journey but it is good to know that you reach out and even though you might feel alone in this, NO way that you are. You're doing everything right and being positive. You have done beautifully and been so honest and brave. Sending all the very best and loving wishes to you❤️💕 Huge bear hugs 🌹

Trinityagain
11-28-2018, 06:14 AM
Just checking in again for an update...hope things are going well! lots of hugs coming your way!:love::love::love::love:

Queen of Poop
11-29-2018, 08:17 PM
Just checking in again for an update...hope things are going well! lots of hugs coming your way!:love::love::love::love:

Thank you!

I had my 6th and last round of chemo on November 13th. Dealing with the usual side effects. Be so glad when they go away for good. On November 23rd I met with the radiation doctor. He told me that the pathology report showed that my margins were NOT clear. This was news to me as the surgeon told me they were clear. I had to go back to the surgeon on November 26, to see if I required a second surgery. He told me that I'm too skinny, that he'd have to cut into skin and muscle to take wider margins. So no second surgery. This means I will have 16 rounds of radiation, followed by 4 rounds of boost radiation directed at the tumor bed.

Trinityagain
11-30-2018, 06:45 AM
Get a bottle of aloe, after burn type stuff. I had some mild "sunburn" after my radiation and that works just fine to take care of it. It took me about 15 minutes to walk to the hospital where they did the radiation and the treatment itself? Oh maybe 3 minutes :) They had music playing and it would work out to just about 1.5 songs.

You got this...HUGS!!!!!:love::love::love::love::love::lov e::love::love::love::

Karen
11-30-2018, 09:35 AM
Thank you!

I had my 6th and last round of chemo on November 13th. Dealing with the usual side effects. Be so glad when they go away for good. On November 23rd I met with the radiation doctor. He told me that the pathology report showed that my margins were NOT clear. This was news to me as the surgeon told me they were clear. I had to go back to the surgeon on November 26, to see if I required a second surgery. He told me that I'm too skinny, that he'd have to cut into skin and muscle to take wider margins. So no second surgery. This means I will have 16 rounds of radiation, followed by 4 rounds of boost radiation directed at the tumor bed.

Dang - well, annoying but worth it in the long run. Love you, lady, we're here for you with all this!

Alysser
11-30-2018, 10:02 AM
Thank you!

I am sorry to read you aren't done with this yet, but sounds like you are getting there and coming back strong. Please keep us updated!

Queen of Poop
12-07-2018, 12:26 PM
I had my first treatment with only Herceptin on Tuesday. It seemed to go well, but last night the side effects started. I was cold and had a very sore throat. Today I still have the sore throat, I'm still cold, my nose is runny and I'm sneezing, my back hurts and I've a bit of a headache. All listed on the list of potential side effects. So long as I don't get the nausea/vomiting I guess I'll be ok. I guess a lot of this was controlled by the steroids they gave me during chemo, now that I'm not getting those I'm getting the whole spectrum if side effects.

On Monday they started me on Tamoxifen. I take one pill a day, at the same time every day. I'll be on this for the next 5-10 years.

Hoping to hear about radiation soon, would like to get at least their preliminary CT scan/mapping done in 2018.

Cali and Diego are still looking after their meowmie. Both took to the task of keeping me warm last night. I don't know how I'd get thru this without them!

phesina
12-07-2018, 04:26 PM
Dear Gayle, I'm so sorry you are experiencing all these unpleasant side-effects. You are so very strong, and you're doing a fabulous job making your way through all these treatment procedures.

We are sending along loads of good wishes and warm healing energies and love to you. We're so glad you have Cali and Diego on the job taking such good care of you!

Queen of Poop
12-07-2018, 07:02 PM
Thank you so much Pat and Sparkler!!

I found out late this afternoon that I'll be having the CT scan and radiation mapping on Tuesday next week. Actual radiation treatment likely to start on Boxing Day.

Ah well, the sooner we start the sooner it's over.

mon
12-11-2018, 05:35 PM
So good to hear from you, been wishing you the best and it sounds like you are doing everything you can and need to do. I sure wish your side affects were minimal, we are all rooting for you every step of the way and are in awe of your courage and strength. Big hugs, happy holidays to you and yours!

phesina
12-11-2018, 05:45 PM
We'll be thinking of you on Tuesday, sending you love and good wishes and strong healing energies!

Queen of Poop
12-15-2018, 04:26 PM
Well, I had the CT scan and mapping done. They are very efficient and I was out of there in 20 minutes. Two days later I was called and advised that my first radiation treatment would be December 18th at 4:45 pm. A little sooner than I was expecting as the radiation doctor told me they would take 2 weeks to create my program after the CT scan. I'm ok with getting it underway sooner than later. Sooner we start the sooner treatment is over. I'll be getting 16 days of radiation to the entire right breast area. Then 4 days of "boost", higher intensity radiation focused on the tumor bed. My poor skin!

phesina
12-15-2018, 04:49 PM
Wow!

Wishing you all the best with it, Gayle. You are a true warrior, a hero!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and cats

mon
12-15-2018, 08:14 PM
You have a great attitude, the sooner the better. There sure is no way to look forward to these treatments but you are being pro active and doing everything possible to get well. You are the greatest and we love you!! You will have a wonderful future to look forward too, I just know this. You deserve everything great and positive, happy Holidays and the very best wishes❤️💕🎄😻

Catty1
12-15-2018, 09:57 PM
Gayle, you are being positive - the sooner you start, the sooner it's done.

I'm sure there are some special creams etc to help your skin?

HUGS.:love:

Queen of Poop
12-20-2018, 04:07 PM
Well, I've had 3 radiation treatments now, #4 tomorrow. Then I'll be down to 16 left to go. So far so good. Skin is ok, not pink or red, I'm lotioning the heck out of it though. Don't want it to get dry and have any reason to split or crack.

I'll have my herceptin treatment as well as my 5th radiation treatment on Christmas Eve, then 2 days off and back to it Dec 27.

cats4ever
12-21-2018, 06:14 PM
16 treatments to go sounds a lot.
You are strong and brave. Way to go, Gayle!:love:

cassiesmom
12-21-2018, 06:34 PM
You are strong and brave! So far, so good -- I'll keep praying!

Hugs,
Elyse

Queen of Poop
01-02-2019, 05:38 AM
My skin got a little pink and itchy after #8. Going for #9 this morning. Almost half way!

phesina
01-02-2019, 01:50 PM
Almost half way... that's great! Well done, Gayle!!!!!

Catty1
01-03-2019, 09:49 AM
You are such a trooper! And - running a few km/miles in the morning - wow! Wonder Woman for the win! :D:love:

mon
01-03-2019, 06:30 PM
Just hoping you are feeling okay and sending all positive energy and the very best to you! All in your corner here.❤️👍🏿

Queen of Poop
01-04-2019, 12:10 PM
Thank you all for your lovely comments.

I have now completed 11 radiation treatments. Skin is still red and itchy, but the creams help. I was advised to keep it in the fridge by the radiation tech. Putting it on cold is helpful. I have 5 more full breast radiation treatments and 4 boost treatments directed only at the tumor bed.

When this is finished I will only have to attend the Herceptin treatments, every 3 weeks until August.

I feel like I'm at the 15 km mark in a half marathon, 6 more km to go and my hip is nagging me to quit. There is no quit and I always finish the race. I'm almost finished this race.

Karen
01-04-2019, 12:18 PM
Sounds good, pulling for you as always!

phesina
01-04-2019, 01:33 PM
Well done, Gayle! You are a true champion!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy

cats4ever
01-04-2019, 05:41 PM
This is the hardest race you have ever run, and no one will beat you!:love:

mon
01-04-2019, 08:37 PM
Perfectly put catsforever, could not think of how to express my thoughts and you nailed it. You sure are doing beautifully and we all admire you. No matter what, you are doing the very best and helping others along your way.

Queen of Poop
01-15-2019, 12:16 PM
3 more radiation treatments. I am finished and will ring the bell on FRIDAY!

My skin is red, tender and a little itchy. The radiation oncologist says it is moderate, on his scale of mild, moderate and severe. He expects it will get to severe over the next 1-3 weeks.

Catty1
01-15-2019, 12:22 PM
3 more radiation treatments. I am finished and will ring the bell on FRIDAY!

My skin is red, tender and a little itchy. The radiation oncologist says it is moderate, on his scale of mild, moderate and severe. He expects it will get to severe over the next 1-3 weeks.

I hope he had a really good ointment or etc to recommend. The Apothecary in Inglewood sells raw shea butter in bulk, if that would help.

I'm glad you get to ring the bell SOON! How great this is almost over for you! :love::love::love:

phesina
01-15-2019, 03:44 PM
Fantastic! Well done, Gayle!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Galaxy and Sparkler and Pat

mon
01-15-2019, 08:12 PM
So proud of you and happy that you are getting close to that bell ringing!!

Trinityagain
01-16-2019, 08:42 AM
Wahoo! I had early morning appts for my radiation so there was nobody but the technicians to see me ring the bell but they cheered loud for me...you are almost there! As I said, the after burn stuff, aloe gel, is awesome for the skin after the treatments...

Lots of {{gentle}} hugs!

Randi
01-17-2019, 04:28 AM
You are so brave, Gayle, and you're almost there. I wish you strength to get through the last bit of treatment.

If your skin itches, there are creams to help with that, I like the E45 products, but there are others.
https://www.e45.co.uk/our-products/e45-itch-relief-cream/

I think these are from the US, but you better check carefully what's in them:
https://www.wisebread.com/the-5-best-anti-itch-creams

Sending love and (((hugs))) :love:

Queen of Poop
01-19-2019, 08:43 AM
Thank you all for your kind words and support thru my cancer journey. I finished radiation yesterday. I rang the bell with gusto. I am thrilled and terrified to be done treatment. Although not technically finished as I still receive Herceptin every 3 weeks until the end of July. I'm also taking Tamoxifen daily, for the next 5-10 years.

My skin is very red, a little sore and a little itchy on the edges of the radiation area.

I'm most grateful for Cali and Diego. Thru this journey they have both taken their turns at comforting me. I'm certain this would have been much more difficult without them, especially after losing my Mom last January.

Randi
01-19-2019, 09:10 AM
What great news that you're done with the treatment... well almost. You can now look forward. :)

I have no doubt that Cali and Diego have been a wonderful comfort, there's nothing better than some sweet furry faces and purrs to make you feel better. :)

In hope your skin will itch less now. Don't bathe/shower in very hot water, it can make it worse because it dries out the skin.

Sending love and (((hugs))) :love:

phesina
01-19-2019, 12:07 PM
Congratulations, Gayle! Excellent work on your part and that of your fine Personal Trainers and Nurses Cali and Diego!

Queen of Poop
01-28-2019, 12:37 PM
It has been 10 days since my last radiation treatment. Last Friday my skin got itchy, like the kind if itchy that will drive you crazy. I tried the Base Glaxal cream that I have been using and the 1% hydrocortisone cream the radiation doctor prescribed and neither provided relief. I had Aveno skin relief moisturizing cream for itchy winter skin and tried that - and found relief. Apparently when your skin gets itchy like that it means the healing has begun - I sure hope so. Most of my radiated skin is now tanned dark brown, except the area that received the boost radiation, that is still angry red. I have a bit of peeling in my armpit in the creases.

I had my echo and blood work for the heart monitoring they are doing and both came back normal, so that is good. The Herceptin hasn't damaged my heart yet. Will have another set of tests in April.

I'm working on modifying my diet to avoid estrogenic foods and sugars and include more proteins.

Cali must be feeling less stressed over me now, the hair is growing back on her tummy. She still sticks to me like glue when I'm home though.

My hair is coming back, ever so slowly. It is very grey/white.

Karen
01-28-2019, 01:21 PM
It has been 10 days since my last radiation treatment. Last Friday my skin got itchy, like the kind if itchy that will drive you crazy. I tried the Base Glaxal cream that I have been using and the 1% hydrocortisone cream the radiation doctor prescribed and neither provided relief. I had Aveno skin relief moisturizing cream for itchy winter skin and tried that - and found relief. Apparently when your skin gets itchy like that it means the healing has begun - I sure hope so. Most of my radiated skin is now tanned dark brown, except the area that received the boost radiation, that is still angry red. I have a bit of peeling in my armpit in the creases.

I had my echo and blood work for the heart monitoring they are doing and both came back normal, so that is good. The Herceptin hasn't damaged my heart yet. Will have another set of tests in April.

I'm working on modifying my diet to avoid estrogenic foods and sugars and include more proteins.

Cali must be feeling less stressed over me now, the hair is growing back on her tummy. She still sticks to me like glue when I'm home though.

My hair is coming back, ever so slowly. It is very grey/white.

Aww, I bet it looks pretty and silvery though! Thanks for updating us, and keeping us in the loop. Still in our prayers, of course!

cats4ever
01-28-2019, 05:51 PM
I'm glad that your echo and bloodwork came back normal.
What a journey! You are so strong. I imagine you have dozens of bottles of skin lotion. That's great that you found something that works. I have only the regular itchy winter skin, I don't even dare to imagine what you are going through!
Keep going, you are in my thoughts!:love:

phesina
01-28-2019, 08:51 PM
Dear Gayle, thank you for the wonderful update. Sounds like you are doing great! That's good that the Aveno cream is providing relief for your itchy skin.

I'm glad Cali is doing better also, not feeling so stressed. And I'm glad she and Diego are taking such good care of you!

VERY well done, Gayle! You're so strong! We're thinking of you and sending loads of good wishes and warm thoughts and prayers and healing energies.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler and new kitty Galaxy

mon
01-28-2019, 09:42 PM
Always great to hear from you! Wishing you all the best every step!

Catty1
01-30-2019, 09:37 AM
Yay! Glad the tests were clear! I hope the worst is over for you now and you just keep rocking it! :love:

Trinityagain
03-05-2019, 09:16 AM
Hey there...just checking in to see how you are doing? :love::love::love:

Queen of Poop
03-05-2019, 10:24 AM
Hey there...just checking in to see how you are doing? :love::love::love:

I am doing alright. Had been having middle of the night leg pain so was sent for an ultrasound to see if I had blood clots in my legs. I do NOT. The Tamoxifen they have me on can cause clots, so glad they were quick to check me out. All of the treatments I have endured can cause muscle pain and that it likely what I am experiencing now. My hair is starting to come back, I had a trim a couple of weeks ago. I will have my first mammogram early April, then we'll know how things really are. My skin healed from radiation, no blisters, thank goodness. I continue to go to the hospital every 3 weeks for my Herceptin infusion, this will continue until July/August, it's a one year program. I am cold all the time now, except for the "super hot flashes" that the Tamoxifen brings - they are wayyyy worse than the natural ones. I actually feel like I could spontaneously combust! I think I'll feel better when I get the "all clear" after my mammogram - I hope that's what I get. Then I can really begin to live my new normal.

Thank you for checking in with me.

Karen
03-05-2019, 10:42 AM
I am doing alright. Had been having middle of the night leg pain so was sent for an ultrasound to see if I had blood clots in my legs. I do NOT. The Tamoxifen they have me on can cause clots, so glad they were quick to check me out. All of the treatments I have endured can cause muscle pain and that it likely what I am experiencing now. My hair is starting to come back, I had a trim a couple of weeks ago. I will have my first mammogram early April, then we'll know how things really are. My skin healed from radiation, no blisters, thank goodness. I continue to go to the hospital every 3 weeks for my Herceptin infusion, this will continue until July/August, it's a one year program. I am cold all the time now, except for the "super hot flashes" that the Tamoxifen brings - they are wayyyy worse than the natural ones. I actually feel like I could spontaneously combust! I think I'll feel better when I get the "all clear" after my mammogram - I hope that's what I get. Then I can really begin to live my new normal.

Thank you for checking in with me.

We are still praying for more positive outcoms! So glad you didn't end up with blisters -- so painful and dangerous. Keep us posted, and sending you gentle hugs!

cats4ever
03-05-2019, 11:45 AM
Wishing you the very best, and continued healing and positive spirit!:love:
I can imagine that you are on pins and needles waiting for the mammogram.

phesina
03-05-2019, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the update, Gayle. This sounds promising! (I bet the excellent care you are getting from your two nurses has something to do with this ;).) I'm glad you didn't wind up with blisters.

You're so strong! You've been working so very hard and doing a fantastic job. We're sending along continuing hopes and prayers and good wishes and positive energies.

More {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Galaxy and Sparkler and Pat

mon
03-05-2019, 07:24 PM
So good to hear from you! Sending all the best wishes and positive thoughts. Your the best!

Catty1
03-05-2019, 08:03 PM
Congrats on the new hair! I hope your new normal is here very soon! :love::love::love:

Queen of Poop
04-24-2019, 08:25 AM
Today I will be having my first mammogram following treatment. Will find out if this adventure has been a worthwhile effort. I sure hope so.

I continue with the Herceptin every 3 weeks until July.

The tamoxifen is a 5 year plan, after about 2 months of taking it I started having serious leg pain, that has now developed into leg, foot and hand pain - my bones hurt as they are being deprived of estrogen. So at least I know that the Tamixofen is actually doing what it is supposed to.

mbsmum
04-24-2019, 10:42 AM
I wish you all the best. Good luck.

phesina
04-24-2019, 01:28 PM
Best wishes, Gayle! We're thinking of you and sending along loads of love and strong warm energies. You are doing a fabulous job with all of this!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Sparkler, Galaxy, and Pat

cats4ever
04-24-2019, 05:56 PM
Wishing you the very best, and hoping for a negative mammogram result.:love:
You have done so well on this journey, keeping up your positive spirit!

Alysser
04-25-2019, 04:55 AM
Please keep us updated on your progress, Gayle!

Queen of Poop
05-27-2019, 07:01 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I met with the oncologist this morning. She told me that my mammogram was CLEAR!! No cancer!!

Thank you all for your support this past year.

phesina
05-27-2019, 08:14 PM
HALLELUJAH!!!!!

What wonderful news! We are so glad for you, Gayle!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy

mon
05-27-2019, 08:25 PM
Could not be happier to hear your awsome news!!! We were hoping to hear this one day and that day is here, you deserve the best! ❤️

Felicia's Mom
05-27-2019, 08:30 PM
Great News, Gayle!:D

cats4ever
05-28-2019, 06:50 AM
This is the most wonderful news! :love:

Randi
05-28-2019, 08:30 AM
I'm so glad to hear the good news, Gayle. You have kept a positive attitude, although it was hard to get through the treatment. I wish you happy days ahead! :love:

Trinityagain
05-28-2019, 10:09 AM
Yahoo!!! So happy for you as I totally understand the relief you are feeling right now! Had my yearly mammogram this morning so now I am just waiting for the results....so totally happy for you! HUGS!!!

Karen
05-28-2019, 12:43 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I met with the oncologist this morning. She told me that my mammogram was CLEAR!! No cancer!!

Thank you all for your support this past year.

So exciting, congratulations again!

Vette
05-29-2019, 01:30 PM
Congratulations on the good news!!!!! :cool:

Queen of Poop
07-24-2019, 05:06 PM
I had the follow up ultrasound today. They are seeking a second opinion but it looks like I have a bad lymph node on the right and possibly 2 lumps on left. Waiting for a call from my doctor, likely going to have a biopsy.

cats4ever
07-24-2019, 06:06 PM
I am so sorry to hear that! I can't even imagine what you must have felt hearing this!
Hopefully, the biopsy sample will be benign.

Queen of Poop
08-16-2019, 11:25 AM
My oncologist says no further testing at this time - thru his assistant, over the phone.

At my next follow up visit with him (Aug 26) he's got some explaining to do over these lesions and lymph node.

Meantime, I had my last Herceptin treatment this past Monday. Rolling thru the side effects - for the LAST time! Glad to know the medication is working, it's making my whole body hurt!

Active treatment has now come to an end. I just take my Tamoxifen pill every day for the next 5-10 years. Yippee - unless something comes of the new development.....

phesina
08-16-2019, 12:41 PM
Congratulations, Gayle, on reaching this stage of the whole process! What an accomplishment. Well done!

Here's hoping and praying that all goes well with the oncologist visit and what he has to say.

Kitties and I are sending our loving good wishes and warm healing energies!

Trinityagain
09-17-2019, 01:36 PM
Hey Gayle, just checking in to see what is going on. How are you feeling? Any further updates? Hope all is going well...***HUGS***

Queen of Poop
09-18-2019, 12:07 PM
I'm sorry, I forgot to update after seeing the oncologist. The two lesions on the left are too small to biopsy at this time. I will be having another ultrasound in 6 months (January) to have another look at what they might be doing or not doing. So for now all is well, aside from the Tamoxifen side effects.

I'll be participating in my second CIBC Run for the Cure on October 6th.

Tonight I start the Mindfulness Based Cancer Recovery Program.

The kitties and I have settled in our new home.

cassiesmom
09-19-2019, 11:19 AM
I will keep praying! Sending you hugs!

phesina
09-19-2019, 12:39 PM
Dear Gayle, I'm glad to hear that things are going well (aside from the Tamoxifen side effects).

Best wishes with the Mindfulness-Based program and the run! You will do just great with both.

We're sending you more good wishes and hugs and purrrs.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Galaxy and Sparkler and Pat

Queen of Poop
02-12-2020, 11:05 AM
I just wanted to circle back and let you know that I've had my follow up with the oncologist this week. I have no new lumps or bumps. The mammogram/ultrasound came back with no changes from previous. The lesions on the left are deemed benign! The tumor bed on the right is empty! For now, I'm winning the battle.

I'll be on Tamoxifen until December and then the want to switch me to Anastrozole for the next 3 years.

Cali is well, taking her meds for her hyperthyroidism. Diego just saw the vet and his blood work came back great! For 12 year olds they are doing really well.

I want to thank you all for your support thru my cancer journey.:love::love::love:

phesina
02-12-2020, 01:52 PM
Dear Gayle and Cali and Diego, that's great news for all of you! Congratulations, well done, and Purrrfect!

Thanks for sharing the news with us! Continuing good wishes and warm strengthening energies are being sent from us.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Galaxy and Sparkler

cats4ever
02-12-2020, 06:52 PM
That is wonderful news! Congratulations on a great follow-up, and I'm glad that Cali and Diego are doing great as well.:love:

cassiesmom
02-14-2020, 02:40 PM
This is very good news! Hurray!

Felicia's Mom
02-14-2020, 08:58 PM
That is great news, congratulations!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-22-2020, 08:07 AM
OMG, I am not much on PT lately, due to the new house we are having built, and all my housework...!
So I just saw this thread an hour ago...

OMG Gale, you are the most strongest and positive person I ever met :love::love:!
What you went through is't just a cold or so, no no it was a very life-treatening illness; the way you accepted everything what happened this last year, is so amazing!!
I really mean it, you are such a strong and wonderful person ;)
I wish you all the best now, and hope that your life is getting much happier now, knowing that the cancer has finally disappeared!!

Tons of hugs from across the ocean!
Lut and Snoopy:love:

sorry for my bad English...

Catty1
02-22-2020, 12:07 PM
That is the best news!

May you and Cali and Diego continue to enjoy wonderful health!:love:

crewmanvines
03-20-2020, 06:01 AM
that's a piece of wonderful news! we are still praying for your full recovery, take care

fghoieks
05-18-2020, 11:31 AM
It is always scary, but the most important thing is to be sure about a positive outcome. It is very difficult to think positively but it is necessary now. I am from https://populationstat.com/nigeria/ and I am sending you my strongest support from here. You are strong and everything will develop well for you. Many prayers around the world will do a miracle and heal you.

mbsmum
05-19-2020, 12:42 AM
That is good news indeed. Best of luck.