PDA

View Full Version : Help! (video files)

wolf_Q
12-27-2002, 02:33 AM
Well, my new digital camera can make video clips with sound. The only problem is, the files are so HUGE it's not very easy to send them to people. So I wanted to find a website where I could upload them and then people could go to the website to see them instead of downloading them from me. I thought you could put videos at Imagestation but it seems it will not accept my file type...I could be wrong though. The file type is .MOV and they play with Quicktime. Any ideas ??

Kfamr
12-27-2002, 03:28 AM
image station allows videos to be uploaded.

boscibo
12-27-2002, 11:33 AM
My digital camera has that feature too - what I do is run it through Windows Movie Maker (it comes with Windows XP) and save it as a .mpg (plays with Windows Media Player) and that also reduces the size from over 5 MBs down to around 600 kbs.

wolf_Q
12-27-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by boscibo
My digital camera has that feature too - what I do is run it through Windows Movie Maker (it comes with Windows XP) and save it as a .mpg (plays with Windows Media Player) and that also reduces the size from over 5 MBs down to around 600 kbs.

I would LOVE to be able to reduce the size. I don't have windows XP, I have windows 98. Do you know if this program can be downloaded?

anna_66
12-27-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by boscibo
I also had the same problem Amy did with the file type being mov.
My camera does only up to 15 seconds of movies and no sound:( but I would sometimes like to upload my short movies.
I have windows XP, what exactly do you mean when you say "run it though Windows Movie Maker"? Could you explain in more detail please?

boscibo
12-27-2002, 03:07 PM
wolf_q, I htink Windows Movie Maker is only available with XP, but there must be some other editing programs that would work for you. I just don't know of any offhand. :eek:

Anna, here's how i do it: Open Windows Movie Maker (Start >> All programs >> accessories>> Windows Movie Maker). Then go to "file" and then scroll down to "import". Browse until you find your clip. Open up your clip, and after it is open, drag it down onto the little filmstrip at the bottom (storyboard view if the filmstrip is not there already).

Then go to "save movie" and it will give you a choice on different levels of quality, pick one, and think of a name, then save.

Here is one I did of Hanna (http://home.attbi.com/~pattis_garden2/hanna_play2.WMV), it was originally over 5 MBs, now it is only 192 kbs. There is a loss in quality, I chose "medium" in the Movie Maker. The noise is my fan :o , please ignore that.

slleipnir
12-27-2002, 05:40 PM
I didn't know digi cams could do that, how do you know?? Mine prob can't, but I never read anywhere I couldn't either.. What kind do you have?

boscibo
12-27-2002, 10:49 PM
I have 2 Sony digital cameras - a Mavica fd-91 and a DSC-S85 and both of them can do video clips. It should say in the feature list, or you would probably notice it in the settings menu.