PDA

View Full Version : The kitties' Christmas *pics*

Chinadoll
12-26-2002, 08:58 PM
Here are pics from the kitties Christmas. The first set is of the tunnel and cat bed I made. The tunnel is a 48 inch long cardboard tube that I covered in flannel and lined the bottom of the inside with fleece. I saw this adorable fleece cat print in the fabric store and knew it would make the perfect cat bed. Sewing it with the kitties was a challenge. The top is the fleece print and the bottom is red cotton t-shirt material....very soft and comfy. The whole time I was sewing it, I kept thinking, I need a pillow this comfy!
http://www.animalsoup.net/members/tdomil/tubebed.jpg

The rest of the pics are of the kitties playing with the various toys in their stockings and of the water fountain bowl I got them for Christmas.
http://www.animalsoup.net/members/tdomil/toyswater.jpg

Aren't they just sooo spoiled?!

Hope everyone had a great holiday!!

hellostranger
12-26-2002, 09:12 PM
What a wonderful tunnel!! Where did you find the cardboard tube? My cats would love one of those... great idea! :)

What an adorable face in the bottom left picture! Is that Scout? What a sweetie! Does he need a license to be that excessively cute? :D ;)

Chinadoll
12-26-2002, 09:19 PM
Thanks! Yes that is Scout, my rescued baby I found on my doorstep at 11 weeks. The cardboard tube is called a Quik-Tube(the brand name)...you should be able to find it at any home improvement store. It's suppossed to be used as a concrete building form...but I think it's great for the kitties. In the store, it's usually around the concrete or building forms. Only cost about $7.

krazyaboutkatz
12-26-2002, 11:30 PM
Chinadoll your cats are all so adorable and the gifts you made them are so cute. :) Thanks for sharing the great pics. :)

kimlovescats
12-26-2002, 11:41 PM
Looks like your kitties had a wonderfully Purrfect Christmas! Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

aly
12-26-2002, 11:53 PM
Looks like you've got some happy, spoiled kitties there :) Thanks for sharing the pics. They are all gorgeous and look very happy with their gifts :)

Vio&Juni
12-27-2002, 03:27 AM
O, I love that tube :) If I would be a kitty, I would play with all my mousies in that tube.
I just had an idea how to make a tube like that. Pitty, there is no printed fleece here, only dark colors.

jenluckenbach
12-27-2002, 04:53 AM
That Scout is way Too cute!! Your babies are getting big. Thanks for the pictures

Tina
12-27-2002, 08:44 AM
What wonderful pictures!! Looks like your kitties had a great Christmas:)

12-27-2002, 01:37 PM
WONDERFUL TUNNEL AND PILLOW !!!
I went to a hardware store yesterday , but all they had where large plastic tubes , and they were 2 m long .... Not exactly what I am looking for !! I love the fabric you used for that pillow !!You are a great cat-mommy!!:D :D :D

NoahsMommy
12-27-2002, 02:30 PM
The pillow and tunnel look so great! You did a wonderful job...you should really consider selling those...

And...how your cuties have grown!! They are all adorable! :)

Lachesis
12-29-2002, 12:28 PM
I too would love to know where you got the tube... My cats would loooove one :D

Miss Meow
12-29-2002, 04:38 PM
What a great idea! Your cats are very lucky to have you as mummycat!

Hope you all have a great holiday season too :)

Chinadoll
12-30-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Lachesis
I too would love to know where you got the tube... My cats would loooove one :D

Home Depot...see the 3rd post in this thread, I replied with the different places you could find it. :)