PDA

View Full Version : 316 mill. How would you spend it?

Corinna
12-26-2002, 04:08 PM
If you won the 316 mill how would you spend it?
First I would make sure that the Flathead spay neuter task force was manned 5 days a week so every one could be serviced and for free. Pay off my daughters house and car loans, buy her a New car. Buy my son a place and MOVE him out. Start building my shire farm and house, small cottage for my folks so I can care for them and have them close. New dodge truck for me and suburban for hubby. Also set up cancer foundation to help people not to lose their homes while getting treatment.
How about you?

DogMania
12-26-2002, 04:14 PM
I would spend 8million on dogs and 8million on horses. Then donate it all to animal hospitals!

iceyshiver21
12-26-2002, 04:25 PM
i would open a huge no-kill selter and buy my parents a nice house, out in the woods with a stable.

Kfamr
12-26-2002, 05:05 PM
Pay for my father's back surgery, pay for Orion's Surgery, buy my parents a nice house anywhere they wish, pay off all of their bills, pay off all of my brother's and sister's bills. Adopt me another puppy, spoil the Simba and the Puppy. If any money was left, i'd go a trip to find Nelly.

Miss Meow
12-26-2002, 05:13 PM
I had to do something similar as part of a motivation exercise, but it was harder ...

What five things would you do with all that money AFTER you had donated to charity, looked after your mortgage, car, etc, taken a holiday and looked after your friends/family??? :)

I can't find my workbook but it included buying a house by the beach with plenty of room for friends to stay, buying a Ferrari (not a red one!), going to university full time and I can't remember the rest right now.

All Creatures Great And Small
12-26-2002, 05:33 PM
Plastic surgery! :D Then, with the 1 million left......

Just kidding, but with 316 million dollars, I'd do......WHATEVER I WANTED! I'd wake up each morning and think of stuff to do with it, depending on my mood. Just not having to go to work anymore would be heaven!

joycenalex
12-26-2002, 05:38 PM
my mom could quit that post retirement part time job and move into a seniors condo tomorrow. i'd talk to the vet school at ohio state university to get them to set up vet days at the local homeless shelters, so those pets could get taken care of as well as my furkids do. the're be a big no kill shelter here in columbus, and i'd keep going to work, parttime, just to annoy my boss;) .

Randi
12-26-2002, 05:39 PM
I'd have to think about that for at least a week, but it would involve getting my family and friends what they needed, a house by the sea in Denmark, a house in Spain, a four wheel drive (possibly a Range Rover) a small car, perhaps even a helicopter. :eek: and starting more luxurious cat shelters around - something like this:

http://www.kameludl.dk/img20.gif

http://www.kameludl.dk/img26.gif

I would also be helping animals in the wild. Helping sick, old and homeless people would also be on the list.

That's what I can think of now. - BUT, I'd choose a good health rather than all these $$$ anytime! ;)

Cookiebaker
12-26-2002, 05:40 PM
I know that I'm really weird, but I wouldn't want it at all. I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when I work & save for something I want, and then getting it at long last, it really means something to me. But what's the point in waking up in the morning if I can't decide which Rolls Royce to drive around town to spend money on stuff I already have because I can afford anything/everything??? I think it would take the fun & reasons to live out of living, and I enjoy my life as it is right now. Just my funky $.02.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-26-2002, 05:54 PM
I would build a house. A nice warm house with plenty of room for my cats and my books. Buy a different car. Put some back for a rainy day. I'd give my brother some and my aunts who are like mothers to me. I'd also buy a new computer that has all the latest features. I'd give a lot to charities and just to give to people I felt were in need as a surprise. Of course, I'd help animals in some way. :D

boscibo
12-26-2002, 05:55 PM
I would build a huge cat shelter, with separate living areas for all the FeLV positive cats. Then I would build a nice barn for horses. Then I would build a nice house in a good vacation spot.

Uabassoon
12-26-2002, 06:01 PM
I would pay off all my parents debts, then my debts. Donate some money to the Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation, St. Jude hospital, and F.A.C.T. the shelter that I got Tibby from. I don't think I would buy a house because I wouldn't know where I want to live. But I would rent a nice house in Tucson, I think I get a lot more pets. LIke a dog, bunny, ferret and who knows what else. I'm not really sure what else I would do.

popcornbird
12-26-2002, 06:20 PM
Cookiebaker, I WOULD want it, not for myself, but to earn good deeds with it. Maybe use a million $ to buy a nice beautiful huge house, and a little bit to buy a Lexus LX470 SUV. :D I would give 2 million to each of my parents and 1.5 million to my brother, maybe give some to other relatives as well. I would buy my birds a very nice cage, maybe get lots of more birds including birds that cost in the thousands. I would love to have other pets too.

All this wouldn't cost me more than 5-10 million. Maybe spend some more money on taking a tour of the entire planet, and spend like 50 million donating to no-kill animal shelters and to any organization built for the well being of animals. I would spend the rest on all the poor and suffering people in the world. They deserve much more than I. I wouldn't care about their race or religion. As long as they are poor and suffering, I would spend my money on them and on sick people and on people who cannot afford their life needs.

COCatMama
12-26-2002, 07:10 PM
Down in the US that money is taxable, so the gov't will steal ALOT of it!
up here in Canada, lottery winnings are TAX-FREE so you would LITERALLY have 300 million!! I can't even fathom having that much money. I'd do like the others and build an animal sanctuary and hire ppl to run it 24/7, and operate a 24/7 animal rescue hotline. I'd pay off my mom's mortgage and buy her land and a house on one of the Gulf Islands (off Victoria). I'd buy myself some land and a house somewhere..and have servants so i'd never have to do ANY housework!! I'd have a horse...and a chaffeur...WHERE'S MY 300 MILL????? I want it ! :D

lovemyshiba
12-26-2002, 08:39 PM
Wow--what a great thing to think about. My husband and I have already talked about building a house and having land to build a shelter or kennel or some other type of place for dogs--maybe a rescue or whatever--I would probably keep them in the house though. I would donate a lot to shelters, and rescue organizations, and maybe set up my own somewhere. I'm getting a new car this week (or maybe next week, it's on it's way), but I would buy my husband a couple of cars--he works for a dealership, so he gets whatever he wants, but I'm sure he would love a Ferrari like his father had.
I would pay off my student loans, and go back and finish school, if only to say that I did it!! I would pay off my parents' bills and loans, and put my little brother and sister through college, and get them cars when they are old enough.
I would charter a plane, because there are places I want to go, but I am very afraid of flying--maybe I could have some therapy and be able to fly somewhere!!
Definitely a house on the beach somewhere--I just love the beach!!
I really don't know what else--oh yeah, I would probably pay my parents back for my wedding this summer--they would surely appreciate that!!
If my husband and I and my family weren't healthy though, I wouldn't want any of it.

Corinna
12-27-2002, 12:21 AM
You guys are great!! Randi where did you find that cat shelter it's fabulous!!!! Our purries would LOVE that playhouse.

Aspen and Misty
12-27-2002, 01:02 AM
I would go and visit the Monks who own the german shepards and who are well known for training dogs and I would live there with them and get help from them for Chewy. I would make a no-kill shelter and then an extremly large pitt bull rescue. I would also buy all the books on training dogs and behaviors in dogs and study up on that and then become a Behaviorist and help dogs like Chewy.

Ash

Randi
12-27-2002, 06:32 AM
Corinne, the shelter is situated north of Copenhagen, about 2 hours drive I think. Unfortunately, Fister hasn't been there while we've been on vacation, because we don't have a car. :(

Here's a link with more pics - if you click on any text with the word "Billede" you'll see more pics. :)

Helsinge Kameludlejning (http://www.kameludl.dk/billederr_katte.htm)

Corinna
12-27-2002, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the link Randi That is just an awsome place.Is it a shelter or boarding place.I have seen one not nearly as nice in Washington state. It is a boarding kennel, dogs are in an other side of the property. Gal does dogs horses and cats. on 50 acres it's agreat place.

Fuzzy317
12-27-2002, 10:07 AM
I think I would:
- have my current house fixed like new,
- get a new truck,
- maybe get an RV,
- pay-off the lease on my fiancee's car,
- donate money to local shelters and vets,
- donate money to my favorite race track (Talladega Gran Prix, in Alabama)
- sponsor the motorcycle roadracing group that I am a member, or the race school I took, or both :)
- donate money to schools I attended,
- have some places named after my parents and grandparents

Those aren't really in any order, just when they came to mind.

luckies4me
12-27-2002, 02:38 PM
I would go back to school, send Dan back to college and pay for my siblings college and Dylans college tuition....and my future childrens tuition as well.

I would buy Dylan a library! Filled with the best childrens books ever written!

I would start my HUGE exotic animal and wildlife rehab that I have always wanted. Have a small one now, but I want a HUGE one, with about 7,000 acres of land! I would have the best exhibits and enclosures and breed endangered species.

I would find Lucy a mate. He is an endangered California Desert Tortoise, and I would breed to make sure they are always here on this earth. I would get my CITES permit to breed moutain lion and Servals, as well as fishers and the endangered black footed ferret.

I would build my own house, on MY land, where the santuary would be, and build my family a house next door. I would also have another house for friends to stay in while they are visiting.
I would move my dad in with me so he could move out of his crappy trailor that's the size of our bedroom!:( I would pay for all his medication and neccesary surgeries.

I would round up homeless and feral animals and have them all altered/vaccinated and find them loving, forever homes!:D

I of course would build my veterinary and mobile veterinary clinic as well, so I can search the streets of Los Angeles, and treat all the throw a way animals there.

I would buy a skunk, again. :p This time I would buy a chocolate or platinum one. All my pets would have everything they need, as well as their own rooms! My rattery would be stupendous, with each rat having 600 square feet each! They would have all the yogurt drops they could ask for, as well as the best vet care and everything!

I would take Mytic to have his belly button hernia fixed. Not that it's a problem, but maybe he would feel more comfortable with it fixed. :confused:

I would get my license, learn how to drive and buy a new car. A mobile home so I can travel the world. I would mostly spend it on my pets though, and family. That's more fun!:D :D :D

Man, now that I think of it....I would be quite busy indeed, but busy and happy. No more bills etc!

Oh yes and I would stick about 5 million in the bank so I can gain tons of interest!

luckies4me
12-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Oh yes and one more thing I have always wanted to do. There was one more thing but I forgot what it was.......

I would want to build a homeless shelter, for people who have pets. When I was young I used to help the homeless, and I remember this lady , her name was Cookie. She used to be a model and was very pretty. Then someone hit her and she ended up in a wheel chair and on the streets, with her son and their dog. We took them shopping and bought them all new clothes and took them to a nice restraunt to eat, got them new shoes and sanitary supplies. We bought them a hotel for a whole week.

When they went up to the hotel the were crying to bad because they had to leave their dog outside. No hotel would let the dog in. It was so sad, because that dog was the only company they had, he was their family. I was only nine at the time, but I will always remember that day, when they had to leave their poor homeless pooch outside, just so they could have one week of shelter and a nice warm shower.

Cincy'sMom
12-27-2002, 03:11 PM
My dream is to build a doggie mall/rescue...it would be a "strip mall" with all pet supply stores, bakeries, vets, groomers, boarding etc. The back would be a acres and acres of Dog Park w/ a lake. There would also be a dog rescue.

12-27-2002, 03:21 PM
Great ideas and wishes ; WOW !!

BUT , I have to agree with something Randi said : I would give anything for a perfect health !!

luckies4me
12-27-2002, 05:26 PM
Me tooo!!!!

Kfamr
12-27-2002, 05:34 PM
right now, i'd hire someone to kill me.

Desert Arabian
12-27-2002, 06:23 PM
If I were old enough to win it in the first place, and if I recovered from my heartattack...I think I'd buy a nice little house on a huge chunk of land and rescue abused horses (maybe dogs too). Of course, I'd have to get me a lot of yellow Labs too. I would open up my fancy dog boarding kennel, which I have always dreamed about, and donate some of the money to the ASPCA and local humane societies. :)

NoahsMommy
12-27-2002, 06:41 PM
I have so often said that if I ever won/earned/inherited a ton of money, I would hurry and finish school (yay! FULL TIME!!! :D ) and then spend my time doing something that I wanted to do. Working with children, getting laws passed for their welfare, work towards sterilization for woman who give birth to "crack babies", spend time in animal rescue, really making a difference. I know 316 million wouldn't pay for all of that, but it would allow me to spend the time I wanted on this stuff.

God willing, I can do this without 316 million, but that sure would help!!! :D

NoahsMommy
12-27-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Are you OK? Those are some really serious statements you are making. What's wrong? Do you need someone to chat with???

luckies4me
12-27-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

Oh no, don't do that or even think about it. What is wrong? :confused: :( I know people can feel depressed and I have been there myself but I wouldn't never think about death. WHy would you want to throw away life and miss all it has to offer?

If you need someone to talk to, I am here. Just ask and I am sure people here would love to help. We would sincerely miss you if you were gone.:( And how would your poor pup feel?:eek:

COCatMama
12-28-2002, 12:50 PM
I just thought of something.....If I won 300 mill I'd buy the FANCY EXPENSIVE toilet paper, instead of the cheap sandpaper-like stuff I always buy :D :D

HoRsELUvR
12-29-2002, 12:34 PM
I'd buy a horse and whatever i needed for the horse.Then i would spoil the horse and my cats.and maybe i'd get another horse!:D