PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #707. Green with envy........

RICHARD
03-15-2018, 09:43 AM
Hi kiddies!

Long time.......

I came back just in time for St Pat's Day.....I missed you all!

Time for green beer, corned beef and taters!

Give me a minute to dust off the bar, the glasses and......

ORC........LET ME GO.......

Geez, was that a hug or a mugging?

cats4ever
03-15-2018, 12:19 PM
I got my shamrock ready!

RICHARD
03-15-2018, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=cats4ever;2530040]I got my shamrock ready!

60496[/QUOTE

You aren't messing around!

Karen
03-16-2018, 12:40 AM
I will be baking over the next couple days - Saturday evening is the "Last Party at Mary's House" - the end of an era.

My beloved mum-in-law died last July, and the time has come to sell the house in which she raised her children and lived for the last 50+ years. It is a bittersweet "celebration," and there will be Irish stew - not corned beef and cabbage - and plenty of booze, and my contribution - shamrock-shaped cookies and lemon shortbread cookies stamped with shamrocks as well.

She was as Irish as the day is long, and most family parties for the last 3p+ years since I married in have been held in that home.

So this St. Patrick's Day, please raise a toast to Mary Margaret (Gallagher) Watts, and to Paul - her son and my husband - and the cofounder of this website - and to all things that we'll now hold in our hearts, not our hands.

cats4ever
03-16-2018, 06:09 PM
I will be baking over the next couple days - Saturday evening is the "Last Party at Mary's House" - the end of an era.

My beloved mum-in-law died last July, and the time has come to sell the house in which she raised her children and lived for the last 50+ years. It is a bittersweet "celebration," and there will be Irish stew - not corned beef and cabbage - and plenty of booze, and my contribution - shamrock-shaped cookies and lemon shortbread cookies stamped with shamrocks as well.

She was as Irish as the day is long, and most family parties for the last 3p+ years since I married in have been held in that home.

So this St. Patrick's Day, please raise a toast to Mary Margaret (Gallagher) Watts, and to Paul - her son and my husband - and the cofounder of this website - and to all things that we'll now hold in our hearts, not our hands.

What a great toast! I will have a Guinness in their honor.

cassiesmom
03-16-2018, 08:02 PM

Karen, I would be honored to raise a toast. It will have to be with a cup of tea (specifically Tetley British blend) since I'm trying to shake off a cold and the weather is typical for St. Patrick's Day in Chicago, chilly and wet. But I'll be thinking of you tomorrow with (((hugs))).

phesina
03-18-2018, 03:32 PM

Dear Karen, I am raising a belated toast to Mary Margaret and Paul and all... I hope your party was a gathering of dear family and friends, full of love for those departed and each other, reliving so many precious memories and rejoicing in the lives shared.

Love :love::love::love::love::love: from Pat (and cats)

RICHARD
03-19-2018, 03:24 PM
A toast...

Another round to go 'round

Done.