PDA

View Full Version : How many eggs...

Randi
02-27-2018, 12:11 PM
How many eggs do you eat a week? I just realised that I forget to eat eggs. If they're not in front of my fridge, I just don't notice them. I have eaten about 3-4 eggs in a month (apart from the four I put in a cake dough), which is probably not enough. I like them on rye bread, almost hard boiled, with a bit of mayonnaise. How do you have yours?

However, I often eat fish... smoked salmon, mackerel, fried plaice and sometimes shrimps. I think some people eat more than ten eggs a week. Do you!

I guess I need to start making more omelettes again. :p

Karen
02-27-2018, 12:53 PM
Hmm, it varies week to week, but often 4 or 5 eggs per week. They are my go-to no-time-to-cook real food meal. I can toast two slices of bread from the freezer and 'poach" two eggs in under 5 minutes.

Taz_Zoee
02-27-2018, 02:41 PM
I only really eat eggs on the weekend when my boyfriend fixes them for me.
I've never been a huge fan of eggs. Even though we had chickens and had fresh eggs all the time when I was growing up.
I will eat them various ways. In an omelet, fried, boiled or scrambled.
I love deviled eggs and egg salad sandwiches too.

So I'm right there with you. I do not eat enough eggs either.

Freckles
02-27-2018, 06:52 PM
Seven.
My breakfast is a hard boiled egg and a flavored yogurt cup. It's satisfying and I don't get hungry before lunch.

mon
02-27-2018, 07:58 PM
Eggs are one of my faves, I might eat 2 or 3 a week. They are the best, I like poached, fried, quiche,French toast, omelets and I always put them in fried rice and swirl a scrambled one in chicken soup. Eggs are so versatile and great! 🥚🍳🐓 eggs in a cloud is the best for special breakfast, just whip the egg white till stiff, put a scpoop on a baking sheet, make a dent in the center, add yolk and bake. You can put ham or bacon bits in the clouds too. Just 2 or 3 mins. In the oven and voila!!

Randi
02-28-2018, 06:14 AM
I do like eggs in all variations, but I think I'll try deviled eggs soon, with mustard. Here are seven recipes that looks delicious:
https://www.thespruce.com/best-deviled-egg-recipes-3056376

This morning, they made eggs Benedict on a TV show, they looked yummy. See picture in link:
http://livsstil.tv2.dk/mad/opskrift/eggs-benedict-0

Eggs on a cloud sounds good, too. I've never heard of those before.

cats4ever
02-28-2018, 06:20 PM
I don't eat eggs per se, only whatever is in bread or pastry.