PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break

cats4ever
02-14-2018, 06:30 PM
Monroe's favorite game in the whole wide world is playing fetch.
Even before his heartfailure diagnosis I could tell that his stamina had decreased greatly, and we have not played since then, mostly because I was worried he would overdo it.
Yesterday, I made the mistake to show him a new toy, and that poor kitty got beside himself with excitement.
So we played a few minutes, and he let me know when it was time to stop. He laid down to rest for quite a while. He scared me little bit, but he was ok. I don't think though that we are going to play for a while.

mon
02-14-2018, 07:29 PM
Aww, I am so sorry. I'll bet that was a terrible fright for you! One wee step at a time and you will figure out together how to get through this. There is no doubt about it.

phesina
02-14-2018, 09:03 PM
We are all sending our love and good wishes to you and Monroe. We know you both will work it out what kinds of activities you can best enjoy together.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cats4ever
02-15-2018, 11:31 AM
Thank you, mon and Pat!:love:
I feel like Monroe should have more fun things in his life. He does love to eat:), and not just his food.
Last night, he broke into a cabinet with a childproof(!) look and nibbled on mop pad. I guess that was fun. For him.:D
But he is also very affectionate. Maybe we just have to cuddle more.

cats4ever
03-10-2018, 12:57 PM
Poor Monroe is so desperate to play that he will get into my face to let me know that he just can't do without his toy.

So we tried again. This time, I didn't throw it as far, and we limited the play time. He did much better this time, and he never was out of breath.

phesina
03-10-2018, 06:00 PM
AWWWwwwwwww! Monroe, you are so beautiful!

Sounds like you and Meowmie are working out the right kind of playtimes. Well done, both of you!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Felicia's Mom
03-10-2018, 08:30 PM
Sending positive thoughts and love! I hope both of you work out your playtime together.

mon
03-10-2018, 11:35 PM
A little goes a long way sometimes eh. Like night and day, a little play versus zero, huge difference. A little love v.s. O..... Well done 👍🏿