PDA

View Full Version : Kitties hate closed doors

cats4ever
01-20-2018, 02:04 PM
...and Olive is no exception, no matter what side she's on.
There has to something better behind it!:D

phesina
01-20-2018, 03:32 PM
"Hmmmmm..... how do I get this open?"

Randi
01-20-2018, 03:36 PM
Oh Olive, you don't stand a chance with that door knob, but perhaps your mom will be so kind to open it for you. :D

Fister opened all closet doors when he thought we were gone for a bit too long.

cassiesmom
01-20-2018, 08:43 PM
Awww, Olive! You are on the wrong side of a closed door, but I am sure meowmie will open it for you! I'm sending you and your kitty siblings some Caturday hugs and love :love: :love:!

SANDY FROST
02-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Cute picture of kitty looking up; at door. What I did was get a kitty scratcher door hanger with catnip on and my cat seemed to settle down.:):):)

cats4ever
02-09-2018, 06:32 PM
Cute picture of kitty looking up; at door. What I did was get a kitty scratcher door hanger with catnip on and my cat seemed to settle down.:):):)

Unfortunately, my kitties don't use the door scratcher, they just need to know what's behind those doors.:)

Chatanuga
02-10-2018, 11:18 AM
All of my cats at one time or another have tried to open doors.

Back when Chessie and Casey were kittens, I initially let them in the bedroom at night. Problem with that was that Chessie would get up on things (nightstand, dresser, etc.) and start knocking things over, waking me up. Then the 4AM wrestling matches between the two of them would start. I'd be sound asleep, and suddenly somebody was getting body slammed into my stomach. I would shoo them out of the bedroom and close the door. That's when they figured out how to get my attention by reaching up and rattling the door knob. Keep in mind that this was about 3 years after my townhouse was broken into. So, getting woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of somebody messing with the doorknob would put me into panic mode. I'd open the door, and Chessie would take off down the stairs.

Casey has messed with the doors from time to time but nothing like Chessie did. Thankfully my townhouse has doorknobs instead of handles that they can grab.

Smokey also has a thing for closed doors, especially my bedroom and office doors. He'll wait outside either of the rooms, and as soon as I start to open the door, he'll try to rush his way in. If the door is closed and he wants in, he'll pound on the door and start crying his head off, sometimes trying to reach under the door.