View Full Version : Disturbing Christmas card

moosmom
12-24-2002, 10:54 PM
I don't know if I'm being too sensitive but I was looking for Christmas cards in the mall today. I picked one up that had a kitten on it with a Christmas tree directly behind it. The inside said "Since the cat has already climbed the tree, might as well make him an ornament" or something to that effect. I found this pretty offensive. The cat wasn't hanging in a noose or anything but I just thought the card was tasteless.

Just thought I'd mention it.

aly
12-25-2002, 12:13 AM
I agree some things are just unnecessary.

I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that said 'Skateboarding is like a dog.... abuse it!'

I found it very tasteless.

Barbara
12-25-2002, 05:25 AM
Most people see things like this as ironic jokes. I think it's very tasteless.:mad:

jenluckenbach
12-25-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
I don't know if I'm being too sensitive but I was looking for Christmas cards in the mall today. I picked one up that had a kitten on it with a Christmas tree directly behind it. The inside said "Since the cat has already climbed the tree, might as well make him an ornament" or something to that effect. I found this pretty offensive. The cat wasn't hanging in a noose or anything but I just thought the card was tasteless.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Personally I laughed like heck when I saw that card.....I even tried to figure out who I could send it to.

Uabassoon
12-25-2002, 12:18 PM
Personally since I haven't seen the card I'm not too sure what it looks like. But if the cat wasn't hanging or anything like, then I wouldn't think it was disturbing. Just because that's what cats do, they climb the tree. I thought the picture of Minion posing as an ornament was funny. But maybe the card looks different from what I am picturing.