PDA

View Full Version : No water

cats4ever
11-26-2017, 12:24 PM
My boyfriend is in the middle of fixing the toilet. He had to turn the water off to do so. Then, a valve broke, and flooded the bathroom.
He drove to a home improvement store to get the part.
He just called me to report he had a flat tire, and there was also an accident on the road.
So I will be without water for a while longer.
After being annoyed by the inconvenience, I remembered the people of Puerto Rico, who have been without fresh water for many, very long weeks, and I became embarrassed about my thoughts.

RICHARD
11-26-2017, 02:17 PM
My boyfriend is in the middle of fixing the toilet. He had to turn the water off to do so. Then, a valve broke, and flooded the bathroom.
He drove to a home improvement store to get the part.
He just called me to report he had a flat tire, and there was also an accident on the road.
So I will be without water for a while longer.
After being annoyed by the inconvenience, I remembered the people of Puerto Rico, who have been without fresh water for many, very long weeks, and I became embarrassed about my thoughts.

Rule one of any home improvement project works like this........

A) Any home repair or improvement will take at least TWO trips to the Lowes/Home Depot/Menards.

B) If the trip for parts or materials ONLY take one trip, said trip will involve another incident which will sidetrack or impede the progress of a successful parts foray.

C) Anything that can go wrong, will.

and as you have so thoughtfully stated.....

D) It's only temp thing..

-----------

The things we take for granted are always the simplest luxuries in our lives.

(Be thankful you have a handyperson in the family - plumbers are expensive!)

Karen
11-26-2017, 05:09 PM
Wise of you to be so thoughtful, not everyone would be. I am currently looking after a friend's apartment, and the last time I did, it had no water or sewage for a couple weeks. So now, every time I go there, I turn on the tapp just to make sure it will be functioning when she returns.

mon
11-27-2017, 01:59 AM
Seems like so many folks are suffering on so many levels right now. Also my family. I am counting my blessings as I am doing pretty good right now and can help out, very thankful for that!! Sometimes good timing is important and priceless, and rarely occurs in my experience :D

mon
11-27-2017, 02:04 AM
P.s. I love it when the power goes out. The silence, candles , peace and serenity amen