PDA

View Full Version : help with a yippy dog!

Jessica12345
12-24-2002, 02:52 PM
hello!
my little doggy Jewels, a maltese, is the sweetest thing on four paws! BUT SHE NEVER STOPS BARKING! she barks at anything and everything, including, well, AIR! i knew small dogs were yippy, but not this yippy! is there any way to get her to stop??? thank u so much in advance! i appreiciate it!

~ Jess ~

wolfsoul
01-12-2003, 01:08 AM
did u try the spray bottle method? everytime she barks, spray her with water...my dogs hate that to bits....ive also been using that teqnique on one of my rats to get him to stop picking fights with one of my other rats

Tweety_Pie
03-19-2003, 05:08 PM
I have to dogs and one is ALWAYS barking. When my dogs bark i usually point my finger and NO! that usually works.

Tweety_Pie
03-19-2003, 05:14 PM
:rolleyes: Ooops ! i have alot of spelling mistakes in what i wrote :rolleyes: lol

I will write it again to make it more clear:)

I have *two* dogs and when they bark i usually point my finger and say NO! Usually that works. If it doesn't you can by this sour apple spray stuff at a local pet store that sometimes works. My aunt used that when her dogs barked let me tell you that REALLY WORKED :)

Jessica12345
03-20-2003, 09:03 PM
If we say know she barks at us...:rolleyes: lol

we have sour apple stuff, but I thought it was just to spray on stuff so they dont chew on it, wasnt it? you cant just spray it on them can you? wouldnt it hurt their eyes?:confused:

tikeyas_mom
03-20-2003, 09:27 PM
do not sprey bitter apple stuf that would kill their eyes .. yous a sqwert bottle and fill it with cold water and sprey her wheenever she arks and yell a ferm NO. and she should stop if she doesnt take he and put her in a different room . And leave her their till she stops. And when she stops say "good girl" and give her, her favoret treat.

Jessica12345
03-21-2003, 06:49 AM
thanks.. Ill try that;)