PDA

View Full Version : Check this out...way too cool!

mugsy
12-24-2002, 11:55 AM
I have a new favorite band now...Default. They pick a shelter in every town where they tour and donate a portion of the proceeds of the concert to that shelter...check out their web info....

www.brightstarfoundation.com/defaultrock.html

www.defaultonline.com

ramanth
12-30-2002, 11:01 AM
Sweet!

:D

mugsy
12-30-2002, 03:08 PM
WE bought the CD last night because a portion of the sale goes to Bright Star. And, we like the band!! lol

Nomilynn
01-06-2003, 07:48 PM
Mugsy that's so cool! Default is a great band. I went and saw them for my birthday. They opened up for Nickelback. It's so cool you love a band from my home town!! I don't live in Vancouver, BC right now but that's where my heart is. You should come up here for a Canadian concert!! :D :D

LoudLou
01-06-2003, 07:53 PM
I like these guys too. But, I'd like to know why everyone sounds the same? :confused:

Nomilynn
01-06-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
I like these guys too. But, I'd like to know why everyone sounds the same? :confused:

That is very true. "Nickelback" now has "Default" and "Theory of a Deadman" that sound alike. It could be because Chad Kroeger writes songs for "Default," and "Theory" is signed onto Kroeger's record label, 604 records. I guess he knows what he likes and goes with it :rolleyes: :) ;)

However, I will say that in concert, they are more distincly unique because their performing style is different. "Default" actually is better live than on their album!!

mugsy
01-06-2003, 11:51 PM
I only became interested in them when I heard that they give proceeds to local animal shelters, but when I heard them, I liked the music too. I guess I think they all have the Pearl Jam/Seattle sound and because it's so popular they stick with that sound.