PDA

View Full Version : A really bad night

Dixie Belle
05-22-2001, 02:40 AM
A couple of weeks ago, I posted a story about two kittens that I adopted. Smokey has turned into a very beautiful, healthy kitten. Bear has not. She has not grown. She can hardly walk. She died in my arms tonight. How is it that these little guys can be with you only for a short while, and yet you fall in love with them? At the moment my heart is broken. I already miss her.

[This message has been edited by Dixie Belle (edited May 22, 2001).]

aly
05-22-2001, 02:51 AM
Dixie Belle, I am so so sorry. I don't know what to say except that I know exactly how you feel. I'm sure you did all you could for little Bear. Its very hard to lose a pet, even after such a short time. My heart really goes out to you. Maybe you can find peace in having a memorial service?

I am up sleepless tonight because I'm dreading giving my foster kitty up. I know its 100 times worse for you. If you are still around and want to talk, email me or leave me a message here. I know how you feel and sometimes it just helps to talk. I'm very sorry for your loss. Give a big kiss to Smokey.

Angels3
05-22-2001, 04:40 AM
Dixie Belle, you gave Bear more love in a couple of weeks than many pets would have in a lifetime. And she went to the Rainbow Bridge in your arms so her very last moments were full of trust & love. What a sweet little pet Bear was! Here's a poem to take into your wonderful heart:

I'll lend you for a little while,
A friend of mine, God said,
For you to love the while she lives,
And mourn for when she's dead.
She'll bring her charms to gladden you,
And though her stay be brief,
You'll always have her memories
As a solace to your grief.

[This message has been edited by Angels3 (edited May 22, 2001).]

tatsxxx11
05-22-2001, 04:48 AM
Dear Dixie. I am so sorry about little Bear. She sounded like such a sweet, sweet little kitty. We all know how terribly painful and sad it is to lose a fur baby. Even one we have loved for only a short time. You did such a beautiful thing adopting them. And you gave Bear the best home during her short time here on earth, loving and caring for her so. Although I know it was very hard for you, Bear left for the Rainbow Bridge, cradeled in the arms of her loving Mom. My heart and prayers go out to you. Like so many of us, your love for these beautiful creatures is deep and true. You are such a wonderful fur mom. Please hold tight to Smokey and your other babies. Give them all hugs and kisses from me. I am thinking of you and keeping you in my heart.

Karen
05-22-2001, 07:18 AM
Our thoughts are with you.

alexnell
05-22-2001, 07:30 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Bear. It's hard to lose someone so special.

Logan
05-22-2001, 07:54 AM
Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear about Bear. Losing a small pet like that when you have done absolutely everything right is so hard. Bless you heart for trying! I'm glad Smokey is growing and thriving, but it doesn't take away the pain of losing Bear. You are a saint for taking them in though.

Sudilar
05-22-2001, 08:37 AM
So very sorry about Bear. She had a wonderful life because of you, however short that it was! She will be in your heart forever. So sorry.
Sue

KYS
05-22-2001, 08:52 AM
I am so sorry.
It is never easy to loose
something so precious.
Bear will now be watching over you.

jackiesdaisy1935
05-22-2001, 08:55 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I'm sure Bear was so happy to be in your arms and getting so much love for her last few days.

RachelJ
05-22-2001, 09:52 AM
How very, very sad. Goodbye, dear little baby Bear. Our thought are with you Dixie Belle.

AdoreMyDogs
05-22-2001, 10:08 AM
I am so sorry for the loss of that little kitty http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif It's very sad but it would have been much more sad had you not been an angel who saved those little kids. You are a kind person and that little one was lucky to spend his short life in your care.

My heart goes out to you in this most difficult time. My yellow lab, Beener, will take care of little Bear. He will let Bear ride along on his back as he romps happily through the fields filled with wildflowers. Bear is in a happy place now, and he is grateful to you for making his last days as comfortable as you could have.

sammi
05-22-2001, 10:09 AM
I feel so sorry for you that you lost Bear. You gave him much love in the short time you had him. Hold dear to you Smokey and let him comfort you.

nsweezie
05-22-2001, 11:34 AM
So sorry for your loss. It is never easy losing a pet, no matter how long you have them. My thoughts are with you.

Dixie Belle
05-22-2001, 11:45 AM
Thank you.

Rottie
05-22-2001, 12:23 PM
I'm so sorry about Bear. I know both you & Smokey and everyone here at Pet Talk will miss him dearly. He died loved, so take comfort in the fact that you found him and nursed him and loved him for as long as you could.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-22-2001, 03:17 PM
dixie Belle, I am so sorry to hear about your dear Bear. I know how you feel. My yellow Lab Teal died last October. I really miss her. I hope you feel beter! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

ilovehounds
05-22-2001, 04:36 PM
"Dixie Belle, you gave Bear more love in a couple of weeks than many pets would have in a lifetime." Angels3 says it all.

You should feel very proud for what you have done, you are an amazing person to give that much time and love to those kittens.

Im so sorry, Bear will be in our hearts.

------------------
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/028/dj/a1/go/kr18691.jpg
~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

ownerof3dogs
05-22-2001, 06:39 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your little friend Bear. I know he wasn't with you long but with out you he wouldn't have been here at all. What you did for him was a wonderful thing