PDA

View Full Version : Worst year ever! Pets all gone!

AnimalLover5672
12-24-2002, 09:46 AM
THIS IS THE WORST YEAR EVER!

first, my bunny died! we think it was from the heat, but arent sure. he was so sweet!
After that, my cat passed away of age! ive had her almost forever, and still cant beleive she is gone.
Then, we got a puppy for six mounths, but had to give him back! I love him!

Its all to much! i miss them all so much, and cant stop crying if i think about it. Will i EVER feel better?

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

RockyRoad
12-24-2002, 09:57 AM
Aww I am so sorry. I have had more pets than anyone I have ever known, and losing them is the hardest part. Was your bunny an outdoor bunny? Poor thing, the heat is a big danger for outdoor bunnies, and indoor as well. Much more of a worry than the cold. Poor animals. As for the puppy, did you have to put him in a shelter or something? Is there any possible way you could go and visit him? You have every right to be upset. Maybe you should take some time and sit down and think about the fun times you had together and all the good things. If you cry, cry because it is expressing your feelings. Once you remember all of the memories, you might want to write them down. Trust me, it helps you. Listen to how many pets I have lost:
5 Bunnies, 4 Hammies, 4 Gerbils, 3 Guinea Pigs, 1 Cat, 2 Dogs, 2 Bettas, and tons of fish.
Once again, sorry for your losses. :(
Britt, Floppsy, Lady, Sally, and Kelsey

AnimalLover5672
12-24-2002, 10:03 AM
thank u! im so sorry for ur losses, too!

HoRsELUvR
12-26-2002, 09:26 AM
Im sorry about your pets! it must be so lonely without them!maybe you could adopt a pet in need from a shelter.It won't be the same as all the wonderful pets you lost, but you'll be saving a life-and brightening yours:) at the same time.

All Creatures Great And Small
12-26-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally89
Aww I am so sorry. I have had more pets than anyone I have ever known, and losing them is the hardest part. Was your bunny an outdoor bunny? Poor thing, the heat is a big danger for outdoor bunnies, and indoor as well. Much more of a worry than the cold. Poor animals. Listen to how many pets I have lost:
5 Bunnies, 4 Hammies, 4 Gerbils, 3 Guinea Pigs, 1 Cat, 2 Dogs, 2 Bettas, and tons of fish.

Wow, FLS89, you sure have lost a lot of pets in 12 short years - you would probably have better advice on how to mourn a pet than I would. I'm curious, too, how the bunny died, since there's allegedly nothing wrong with bunnies living outside in any temperature extremes (according to some breeders).

AnimalLover5672 - yes, it will hurt for a while, especially losing all your pets at once. Be strong, and cherish your memories of them, and know that you did all you could to make them happy.

Uabassoon
12-26-2002, 07:56 PM
I'm curious, too, how the bunny died, since there's allegedly nothing wrong with bunnies living outside in any temperature extremes (according to some breeders).

My Dad is a breeder, and you don't really have to worry about cold weather, during the winter we put a tarp around the pens to keep out wind and rain. But extreme heat is totally different. Rabbits get heat stroke easily, so when you have outdoor rabbits in extreme heat you have to be really careful. I know my dad has lost one or two rabbits due to heat stroke.

Corinna
12-27-2002, 12:17 AM
It depends on the breed of rabbit, my regular bunnies could handle just about any thing,but my Angoras were very picky they needed to be 40-70 degrees below or beyond and we had sick and dying rabbits.When I moved from Washington to montana luckly it was spring, summer and they had time to adjust to the alttude and dry air here in Montana., from the moist air in Washington. They also had the fact they were only 6 months old.
Sorry to here about you losses, one yaer we had a run of very sick hampsters I think we had 7 die in a 6 month period. The kids were about 7years old I had more little graves in my garden I wasn't sure where to plant my carrots.

wolf_Q
12-27-2002, 02:11 AM
AnimalLover, sorry to hear about your bunny and cat. I would not suggest getting any more bunnies if you don't even know why that one died. Why did you have to give the puppy away?

FLS89, I'm 18, and I've had 2 dogs for most of my life (Nebo recently of course)...Just out of curiosity, how did your pets die? That's a lot of pets that have died in just 12 years. :(

Jessica12345
12-27-2002, 03:15 PM
thanks u guys..... my bunny died of heat, my cat died of age, and we gave my puppy back to the breeder because he drew blood from us all! i loved him anyway though.:(

popcornbird
12-27-2002, 04:11 PM
So sorry. :( Didn't you train the pup though? I think they can be very well behaved if trained properly. Just curious, what kind of bird do you have? I have two cute little cockatiels. :) You can see them in my signature.

primabella
12-27-2002, 04:30 PM
so sorry about all your pets :(:(

popcornbird - i love this sig. keep it :D

popcornbird
12-27-2002, 06:39 PM
Thanks Primabella. :) I like this one too. I made this one small because I don't want my signature to give people with a slow connection problems loading the page. :) I think it looks better small. :) BTW, your pup is one of the cutest dogs I have ever seen! Awwwww!

Jessica12345
12-28-2002, 08:54 AM
when we first got sammy (our dog that we gave back) he was way to young apparently, and was taken away from his mother to early. when he started becoming a problem, we tried to train him, but he would bite us all the time and we would end up bleeding. he was also food crazy, and when my brother tried to take his bowl away sammy bit him and my brother had to get stiches. then we had to return him to the breeder. even after that we went back 3 weeks later and took him again, but he was the same way. we gave him back again and i havnt seen him scince.

popcornbird- i have a black headed caique named tiki ... and she is so pretty! she LOVES to hang upside down and take a shower with us. and by the way, cute tiels! i would post a picture of her but she always tries to attack the camra! lol ill keep trying though!
she loves to give kisses and lay on her back in our hands!

RockyRoad
12-28-2002, 09:40 AM
Well actually my mom and dad had most of the animals since before I was born. Most of them died of either running away or old age. :(

Wolf_Q~ I hate to ask because it seems like a rude question, but you lost Nebo??:confused:

Karen
12-28-2002, 12:24 PM
Well actually my mom and dad had most of the animals since before I was born. Most of them died of either running away or old age. :(

Wolf_Q~ I hate to ask because it seems like a rude question, but you lost Nebo??:confused:

No no, she means Nebo is a recent addition! She'll have him hopefully for years to come!

wayne0214
12-28-2002, 03:48 PM
I will have to chime on this also. This past year has devastating for my furkids. I havn't counted but I think I have lost close to 7 furkids, one to an accident and 6 to disease. A very sad year. However, I suggest instead of brooding over the losses, go and adopt other furkids to "take their place". I suppose that we really never get entirely over losing a favorite pet, but when you have adopted others just as playful and lovable as those that were lost, it helps to heal the situation because you know that they need you, just as we need them.:)

........wayne

RockyRoad
12-28-2002, 04:58 PM
OoOoOo I see now!! :) Thanks Karen!

luckies4me
12-29-2002, 11:47 PM
Listen to how many pets I have lost:

Hamsters and gerbils only live a couple of years, maybe more if you take really good care of them. :) As for fish, they are hard to care for...having the right PH, temp etc. so most end up dying early on. Just thought I would clarify this, as some people think that is a lot of pets to lose.

How did your cat, guinea pigs, dogs and rabbits die?

I lost my Holland Lop to the cold........and have known a few others who have as well. Some are just not as hearty as others, especially ones who come from mills. But I didn't know how old he was when I got him so he could have been ancient! He loved carrots!:D

I don't think I have lost any pets for a LONG LONG time. Thank GOD for that...thank you GOD!!!!;)