PDA

View Full Version : Pointless Ads

Karen
09-13-2017, 11:06 PM
Got an email from Wegman's touting "Meals under $2 each" - and it contained "creative" suggestions (NOT!) like peanut butter sandwiches, tuna sandwiches, mac and cheese dinners, cereal and banana, a smoothie - like anyone on a budget does not already know these are inexpensive?

What ads have you seen that seemed like a waste of imd and effort?

Vette
09-14-2017, 11:48 AM
Adds for stores that arent even in this town but in a neighboring city thats 2hours away

Karen
09-14-2017, 08:32 PM
Adds for stores that arent even in this town but in a neighboring city thats 2hours away

Yes! We get ads for Red Lobster restaurants - and the nearest one is boot even in this state, but in Connecticut, and nearly 95 miles away!

mon
09-14-2017, 09:36 PM
I know, we get lots of ads for Red Lobster and the closest one is in Seattle. We are in B.C. and the only other one close is Alberta.... just a few hundred miles away. I like Red Lobster but not that much.

Vette
09-14-2017, 11:17 PM
Yes! We get ads for Red Lobster restaurants - and the nearest one is boot even in this state, but in Connecticut, and nearly 95 miles away!

Thats kinda funny but its such a waste of materials =/

Vette
09-16-2017, 01:51 AM
I know, we get lots of ads for Red Lobster and the closest one is in Seattle. We are in B.C. and the only other one close is Alberta.... just a few hundred miles away. I like Red Lobster but not that much.

I just now seen your reply. between yours an Karens reply it really makes me wonder how they get peoples home addresses to send their fliers to being with

cats4ever
09-27-2017, 12:50 PM
One of the many pointless e-mails was about Angelina Jolie's and Brad Pitt's shocking :eek: divorce secrets that were finally revealed. Not an ad but definitely pointless.
And then there are those unsolicited calls, even though we are on the "Do not call" list. This one I got today:
A computer told me that this was a final (I hope so) attempt to reach me regarding my student loan.

cassiesmom
09-27-2017, 03:29 PM
Robocalls every day, even though my home number and my cell number are both on the do-not-call list. Stop. Calling. Me!