PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #692 The 'dog' days of Summer?

RICHARD
07-24-2017, 10:22 AM
It has been hotter than sin the last week and I think a few days of slushies, pool time and lounging around are in order.

It's too hot to even think about it!!!!

I think some margaritas are in order.........

By the seement mixer kind of order!!

Done.

Catty1
07-26-2017, 12:25 PM
I'll take a LARGE virgin strawberry margarita. We have a heat warning for the next couple of days!

Nothing like what so many southern states get - but 86F today and 88F tomorrow.:eek:

cassiesmom
07-27-2017, 03:17 PM
Barkeep, I'd like a virgin strawberry margarita too, please. (opening chips and salsa to go with margaritas)

Queen of Poop
07-29-2017, 08:43 PM
I'll take a real margarita please. With Patrone and triple sec.

cats4ever
07-30-2017, 01:10 PM
Is there a "Weizen" (wheat) beer available? Very cold, please. Thanks.

RICHARD
07-31-2017, 03:55 PM
Is there a "Weizen" (wheat) beer available? Very cold, please. Thanks.

One cold one!

Done.

A seement mixer 'o margaritas, coming right up.

Chips and fresh salsa too!

I have a recipe for salsa, if anyone is interested!

Done, done done.....I am feeling exceptionally good today!!!!

Queen of Poop
08-02-2017, 05:13 AM
One cold one!

Done.

A seement mixer 'o margaritas, coming right up.

Chips and fresh salsa too!

I have a recipe for salsa, if anyone is interested!

Done, done done.....I am feeling exceptionally good today!!!!

I'm interested in your salsa recipe Richard. Love fresh salsa!

RICHARD
08-03-2017, 12:55 PM
I'm interested in your salsa recipe Richard. Love fresh salsa!

Well, If you send a money order - no checks - in the amount of 2,000.00 dollars.....;)

Kidding.

This recipe doesn't have any set amounts.....it's more a science than a orderly gathering of ingredients?

Tomatoes
Cilantro
Onions
Yellow chilies
Garlic salt.
Lime juice.

There are variations on the kind of tomatoes/onions you can use......Some people like Roma tomatoes - they don't get mushy as fast as regular tomatoes and you
can use yellow or while onions - or even green onions!

The secret is to taste, taste, taste as you go along.....

You can make you salsa raw or you can blanche the tomatoes before you start.

We will start with the raw salsa?

Dice your tomatoes, cilantro, onions the way you like them. Dice your chilies - remember that the heat is in the ribs and seeds - start off with a couple! You can always add more if you like it hotter! Same thing with the cilantro (coriander) - start off with a little and keep tasting. Add your lime juice and garlic salt to your liking.

Don't panic if you don't get it right the first time, salsa is an individual kind of thing? Some people like it really hot, other like it mild.

-----

"cooked" salsa is a little more work, but just as good! Instead of adding garlic salt - use fresh garlic and regular salt?

Take your tomatoes and chilies and put them into boiling water. You can either turn off the heat and let them sit or leave the heat on for about 5 minutes to get the skin to loosen up?

If you like, you can let the tomatoes/chilies cool off and peel them or leave the with the skin on. (the chilies will go into the water whole, de-stem them and pull out the seeds -according to what you like as far as heat goes?)

Put the 'maters and chilies into a blender and run it for a few seconds - again, how thick you want the end product is up to you? - add some garlic cloves and blend again.

Dice your onion/cilantro - you can blend it all together or? I like to just blend the tomatoes, chilies and garlic, and add the cilantro/onion after the blender step. I like the crunchy bits of onion in my salsa? You also can rough chop the cooked tomatoes/chilies - that leaves you a chunkier cooked salsa.

The 'cooked' salsa - is more what you get in a canned /bottled variety in the store - Like the chunky raw recipe - it's easier and more colorful.

the simplest rule to making salsa is to follow these steps?

Tomatoes first, then chilies, onion, garlic cilantro and salt. As you go along you can adjust the taste and texture to you liking!

Let me know how you like it?

Queen of Poop
08-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Thanks Richard. I'm going to see if I can pick up the ingredients at the farmers market tomorrow. Will let you know how it turns out!

cassiesmom
08-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Pre-season football starts this week, so I'm putting some beer and non-alcoholic beer in the refrigerator to chill down. I need to run out and get some fruit and game time snacks. The supermarket has mangos and melons, yum!