PDA

View Full Version : cat blues

AnimalLover5672
12-23-2002, 04:33 PM
:( My cat got put to sleep on Hallaween night! I'm still really sad, even though it's almost a new year!
Do u have any suggestions of what I could do to feel better about not having her with me?

Thanks!

~Mo~
:confused: :(

boscibo
12-23-2002, 04:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. :(

It does get easier as time goes on, but I still feel really sad about my cat Boo Boo who died in 1996 of lymphatic sarcoma. I still miss him, and think about him everyday.

Talking about it helps, and what I did was go and buy some nice picture frames (like the ones that say "Kitty buddy" or the ones that have paws and fish on them - for cats) and pick out the best pictures of him I could find and frame them. As I sit at my computer desk now I have a little frame with hearts that have pictures of my Rainbow Bridge cats.

AnimalLover5672
12-23-2002, 05:19 PM
Thank u so much! i feel much better knowing that it gets eisier as time goes on. Sorry about Bobo! :( :)

jenluckenbach
12-23-2002, 07:08 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts. Looking at photos and reminicing is helpful, even if you cy. That is theraputic also. Of course the one and only thing that has ever helped me, is a new kitty to love.:D

AmberLee
12-23-2002, 08:29 PM
Some people have found consolation in creating webpage memorials for their pets. I'm drawing a blank at this moment, but there are a couple active members who have Rainbow Bridge tributes that they help/allow others to post photos on...

Sometimes telling us the endearing things that the furkids will do helps, too.

It does get better.

Helping another fur-kid, especially in a rescue situation, is a huge help, too.