PDA

View Full Version : Newton is dying and needs some prayers

emily_the_spoiled
07-14-2017, 03:29 PM
Hello everyone, I know it has been a long time since I have posted here. But I need to tell people who will understand. Newton is really sick and has lost a half pound since last Friday. He is now all skin and bones. I took him to the vet again this morning and they did an exam and blood work. His exam is normal but we won't hear back about the blood work until tomorrow. Right now I am feeding him A/D every couple of hours to get some calories into him. Unfortunately I am not sure he will survive. Can people please keep him in their thoughts and prayers?

phesina
07-14-2017, 04:27 PM
Oh, Cheryl, I am keeping Newton in my loving thoughts and prayers and am sending along loads of love and warm energies to him, and to you too.

Love :love::love::love::love::love: from Pat, hugs for you and gentle pets for dearest Newton. Purrrs from Sparkler and Poppy, too.

tatsxxx11
07-14-2017, 04:29 PM
Oh, we certainly will be keeping your precious Newton in our thoughts and prayers! Hopefully the blood work results will bring some encouraging news, a diagnosis that hopefully can be treated. Is he keeping his food down, drinking? Hopefully the vet gave him some sub q fluids to help hold him over. Keeping all fingers and paws crossed for an encouraging update tomorrow. Please give your precious baby some gentle cuddles and kisses for me, and hugs to you!!! (So nice to hear from you.):) Be sure to check back with us tomorrow!

XO
Sandra

emily_the_spoiled
07-14-2017, 04:35 PM
He has been drinking okay, but it was the eating that has been the problem. I am now syringe feeding him every couple of hours and he is keeping it down, but he is very lethargic and is not moving around very much.

mon
07-14-2017, 05:11 PM
Sending all my prayers and positive thoughts to darling Newton and to you!!

cats4ever
07-14-2017, 05:28 PM
Best wishes and positive thoughts to you and Newton. My kitties are sending headbumpies and purrs.:love::love::love:

Felicia's Mom
07-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Sending positive thoughts and prayers to Newton and you.:love:

Catty1
07-14-2017, 09:31 PM
Sending PT prayers to Newton and to you.

Whatever the blood tests show, I really pray it`s something treatable!:love:

Karen
07-14-2017, 09:33 PM
He will be in our prayers, as will you.

mbsmum
07-14-2017, 10:13 PM
Sending purrayers and healing thoughts to Newton.

Randi
07-15-2017, 05:52 AM
I'm sending lots of good wishes and loving thoughts to Newton... and to you. :love:

It's so hard to see your kitty suffer. I hope the blood work results will show something that is treatable.

emily_the_spoiled
07-16-2017, 12:21 PM
Newton, beloved brother of Ptolemy and a founding member of the furry paw gang, passed Saturday morning sometime between 2:30AM and 6:30AM. On his last day, I brought him home and everyone said their goodbyes. I was feeding him AD every couple of hours, even during the night. When I fed him at 2:30AM he looked at me like he was asking permission to go over the Bridge. I held him and rocked him, talking to him the entire time. I put him in a cat bed and went upstairs, as I laid in bed I realized I was being selfish and I sent him my thoughts that it was okay to go. He is now at the Bridge and I hope waiting for me.

Newton and Ptolemy joined the gang in 2006. Newton had been adopted by another person but they returned him because he was very shy. So when I adopted Ptolemy I was asked if I would take his brother Newton. Ptolemy is blind and was very scared when they first arrived and Newton became his "seeing eye" cat and helped him to learn to navigate the house. After that anytime a blind cat joined the gang, Newton was the first one there to help them learn to get around. Newton wasn't shy, he just needed a purpose and other cats to help him. I called him my "handsome man" because he was a beautiful Abyssinian who was a little to smart for his own good (after all he was named after Issac Newton)! When I can home, he would jump up on the counter so we could bump heads. When ever he wanted attention he would jump someplace that was my eye level and we could bump heads.

As I type this in my office I keep looking over to the window seat where he used to sit while I worked and I keep expecting him to look up at me.

I will miss you Newton and I am sorry I couldn't do more for you :(:(:(

Randi
07-16-2017, 12:33 PM
I am so sorry - my heart goes out to you for the loss of Newton. :( You did everything you could and you will miss him terribly, but know that he is not suffering now. Keep him in your heart and try to remember the good times.

What a special boy he was - and helping the other kitties find their way. :)

Sending lots of comfort and (((hugs))) :love:

Rest in peace, dear Newton!:love:

cats4ever
07-16-2017, 12:39 PM
I am so very sorry about Newton. What a wonderful live he had with you. You gave him purpose in life by letting him be a "seeing eye cat".
You recognized when Newton asked for permission to go, and you selflessly set him free. You did everything possible to help him.
He will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for you, and, in the meantime, he will be watching over you, his beloved mom.:love::love::love:

phesina
07-16-2017, 05:38 PM
Oh, Cheryl, I am so very sorry. What a beautiful tribute you have written to Newton! What a wonderful, long, love-filled life he shared with you! You did everything you could for him, and you selflessly let him go peacefully when he was ready to go.

He came along as "seeing-eye" cat for his brother Ptolemy in 2006. As other blind cats joined the family, he helped them learn to get along. He has been full of love and joy his entire life! He greeted you with headbumpies when you came home, Cheryl. Now he watches down from the Bridge, continuing to send all that love along to you all.

Deepest sympathy to you, Cheryl, and kitties and all who miss Newton and grieve him. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to comfort you. Blessings to you all.

Rest in peace, dearest Newton. Please send some Angelic purrrs to the heart of your beloved Cheryl to remind her that love is eternal, you are with her always, and you will welcome her Home, One Fine Day...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and cats

Catty1
07-16-2017, 09:06 PM
Newton had the best home ever and he was loving and loved - all of those head bumps show it. :love::love:

You did everything possible for him, and did the most loving thing of all - you told him it was all right to go to the Bridge.

That was the most selfless, loving thing you could ever do for him.

I am so sorry he has left you.

mbsmum
07-16-2017, 10:15 PM
Rest in peace dear Newton.

emily_the_spoiled
07-17-2017, 10:15 AM
Thank you everyone. It is still hard to believe he is gone. He was always very quiet and didn't meow at me until about seven years ago, but he used to sit in the window and chatter at the birds. He was always around but was unobtrusive. I keep looking around to see him, but he is not there...:(

Randi
07-17-2017, 10:35 AM
I'm sending more comforting hugs to you. :love:

I know how hard it is to lose long-time kitty friend. :( When I lost Fister, for weeks after I thought I saw him... well, his shadow, going in and out of doors. And things like removing his food bowl was also difficult.

Take care, Cheryl!

Taz_Zoee
07-17-2017, 10:41 AM
I am so sorry about Newton. I had to read this thread through my tears. :(

RIP Newton

emily_the_spoiled
07-18-2017, 04:03 PM
Is it strange that I am still looking for him? I am surprised that this is happening. He was always a quiet cat but very watchful. He looked out for the other cats and watched me more than I realized. It took him years before he would meow for me and I was so happy when he started meowing at me. Although I have other cats, it still seems a little empty right now.

Felicia's Mom
07-18-2017, 04:27 PM
He will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge!:love: