PDA

View Full Version : phesina is recovering...

cats4ever
06-29-2017, 04:21 PM
You might have noticed an absence of posts by Pat. I checked on her today via e-mail.
She has been dealing with an infected cat bite, and she was hospitalized for 2 days. Pat is at home now, but she needs to restrict the use of her hand.
Come back soon, Pat, Pettalk is missing you.:love::love::love:
Best wishes and headbumpies from Heidi and kitties.

Karen
06-29-2017, 05:05 PM
Thanks for letting us know! Yowch! Feel better soon, Pat!

cassiesmom
06-29-2017, 05:13 PM
You might have noticed an absence of posts by Pat. I checked on her today via e-mail.
She has been dealing with an infected cat bite, and she was hospitalized for 2 days. Pat is at home now, but she needs to restrict the use of her hand.
Come back soon, Pat, Pettalk is missing you.:love::love::love:
Best wishes and headbumpies from Heidi and kitties.

Sending hugs and wishes for healing! :love:

kuhio98
06-29-2017, 05:13 PM
Thanks for letting us know.
Pat ~ Bobcat and I send you our best. We hope you heal very quickly and are back to petting kitties (carefully) very soon.

tatsxxx11
06-29-2017, 05:43 PM
She emailed me earlier today. Poor Pat! I was wondering where she was, as she's so reliable, posting on all three pets, every day. Oh my gosh, 2 days hospitalization!:eek::( Must have required IV antibiotics, as hopsitals are loathe to keep anyone in house for even a night, if possible. Just so relieved to hear you're home, Pat! We love you and are thinking of you! Get well soon!

Love ya!
Sandra

mon
06-29-2017, 08:07 PM
That is terrible to hear, hope you heal and feel better really soon!!

Felicia's Mom
06-29-2017, 08:30 PM
Sending positive thoughts for your recovery.:love:

mbsmum
06-30-2017, 12:14 AM
I wish you a speedy recovery. All the best.

Randi
06-30-2017, 04:00 AM
Thanks for letting us know, Heidi.

I'm so sorry, Pat. :( I too was wondering where you were. Heal up and take it easy! :love:

Love and hugs,
Randi

Queen of Poop
06-30-2017, 05:55 AM
Thanks for letting us know. Sending prayers and healing energy to you Pat.

phesina
06-30-2017, 06:54 AM
Thanks, friends. I'm on rather limited activity right now. My hand is in a splint! I see the doctor again on Monday.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

phesina
06-30-2017, 06:56 AM
She emailed me earlier today. Poor Pat! I was wondering where she was, as she's so reliable, posting on all three pets, every day. Oh my gosh, 2 days hospitalization!:eek::( Must have required IV antibiotics, as hopsitals are loathe to keep anyone in house for even a night, if possible. Just so relieved to hear you're home, Pat! We love you and are thinking of you! Get well soon!

Love ya!
Sandra

IV antibiotics, yup. That's why they admitted me. :love::love::love::love::love:

Freedom
06-30-2017, 08:43 AM
Thinking of you, Pat. Glad to learn you are home.

I had this happen some years back, was in hospital for a week with IV antibiotics, and also therapy for the hand: holding it down in a whirlpool bath was awesome. After that, the therapist had to manipulate it to try and get all the infection moving up the arm -- NOT so awesome. Worth it as I have no permanent damage to the hand.

So take care, rest and let your body heal up, Pat!

Catty1
06-30-2017, 09:07 AM
Infected bites are nasty! I am glad you got prompt treatment.

May all go well with your doctor's appointment. :love::love:

phesina
06-30-2017, 10:51 AM
Wow, Sandie! When they admitted me, they first were thinking they might need to do hand surgery. They decided not, so I lucked out there.

I need to be real careful on how and how much I move the arm. It's a little difficult to type, so I'll be on somewhat limited participation on PT for now. Please tell all the animals of each day that they are beautiful and I love them and celebrate their being honored!

And thank you, dear friends, for all your kind and lovely thoughts and good wishes!

cats4ever
06-30-2017, 06:58 PM
Pat, I'm so glad that you are recovering and that you are taking it easy. I know that Sparkler and Poppy are taking excellent care of you.:love::love::love:

phesina
07-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Thank you, Heidi!

Poppy and Sparkler have clearly done excellent work. I saw the doctor this morning. Things are coming along just fine! It will take a while for everything to heal up completely, but I can get back to doing ordinary things like driving and scooping the cat litter. I should take it easy with regard to more strenuous activity. I have the splint to use to give my arm a rest.

Yippee!!!!!

Thanks again, everyone, for all the good wishes!

Catty1
07-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Great news!!! :D

phesina
07-04-2017, 05:41 AM
Thanks, Candace.

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
07-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Hello, Pat :D I am thinking of you and your kitty-nurses today! Sending get-well hugs!

phesina
07-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Thank you, Elyse! Things are coming along well. Sparkler and Poppy have done excellent work. I can pretty much use my right hand again. It hurts if I try to lift it up from the wrist too high, so I don't do that. :love::love::love::love::love::love: