PDA

View Full Version : Cole to the oncologist today

Catty1
06-21-2017, 12:03 PM
It's been over a month since Cole saw Dr. Glenna. I know she won't be doing extensive tests for some time yet so today shouldn't be too lengthy or expensive!

He is doing well. Right now he's meowing beside my chair wanting head rubs. :)

His insulin dosage is decreasing also. He was at 4U, is now at 2, and may well head to 1.5.

All is good in Cole's kittyland. :love:

cassiesmom
06-21-2017, 12:52 PM
It's been over a month since Cole saw Dr. Glenna. I know she won't be doing extensive tests for some time yet so today shouldn't be too lengthy or expensive!

He is doing well. Right now he's meowing beside my chair wanting head rubs. :)

His insulin dosage is decreasing also. He was at 4U, is now at 2, and may well head to 1.5.

All is good in Cole's kittyland. :love:

This is good news! Gentle head rubs to Cole from me!

phesina
06-21-2017, 01:30 PM
Sounds good! Keep on keeping on, dear Cole, and Meowmie Candace too!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
06-21-2017, 02:36 PM
Sounds good!

cats4ever
06-21-2017, 06:02 PM
That's a great update, Cole and Candace!:love::love::love:
Heidi and kitties are sending best wishes and headbumpies.

Cat Daddy
06-22-2017, 06:53 AM
This is wonderful news. I'm so happy for Cole, and Meowmmy too! :)

Catty1
06-23-2017, 09:18 AM
AND - he used to take 4 units of insulin (Lantus) every 12 hours. Now the vet says we are going to try 1.5 as he's still dropping a bit too low. She says this shows the cancer treatments are working. However, his levels started changing at least 6 weeks before his surgery and 8 before the chemo started. I was giving him transfer factor in his evening meal.

It's morning and he's beside my chair, purring and waiting for cheek and head rubs (he has already received a few!)

And I hope getting his insulin right will help his over-appetite. The oncologist and her assistant told me he HAD lost weight - he was 7.6 at his last appointment and yesterday he was 7.59! :D

phesina
06-23-2017, 01:58 PM
Sounds like Cole and the vets and you are working hard to get things the very best. Keep on keeping on!

We are sending along loads of good wishes and prayers and adding to the headbumpies!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

tatsxxx11
06-25-2017, 10:27 AM
Wonderful news, Candace, for you and for dear Cole! Please share some love, hugs and kisses with him, for me! Keep up the good work, Cole!:)