PDA

View Full Version : recomend a breed?

AnimalLover5672
12-23-2002, 09:40 AM
hi! im in the prosses of looking for a new dog, but not sure which breed. I was wondering if u could recomend any to me and why they are so sweet! thanks so much!:)

~ Jess ~

i have a family thats always home, hot summers, cold winters, like active dogs, but also adore lap dogs, family memebers are ages 12, 14, 36, and 37. we also have two dogs already, a bird, and a hampster. we have 3 acres for dogs to play on!;)
thank u again!

primabella
12-23-2002, 09:46 AM
it all depends on your lifestyle. (ex. you should not get a border collie if you have a small yard ) maybe you can give us some information on that kinda stuff ;)
there are lots of breed selectors on the net you can check out. also, don't forget to look at your local animal pet shelters. good luck :)

micki76
12-23-2002, 09:47 AM
Could you give us an idea of what you're looking for? And what kind of lifestyle you lead. (Work 10 hrs a day, or 2?, apartment or house?, very hot summers or very cold winters?, willing to groom or pay for monthly grooming?, etc).

wolf_Q
12-23-2002, 10:14 AM
What kind of dogs do you have already?

micki76
12-23-2002, 10:38 AM
Well, it sounds like you could go to the shelter and adopt almost any dog there! How nice for you to have such a great place for your pets. I would probably adopt one of the large breeds since you have so much room for running and rough-housing. And there are ALWAYS so many great large breed dogs at the shelter waiting for a home. Good luck! Let us know who you adopt!
:D

aly
12-23-2002, 10:39 AM
I would check at your local animal shelter and fall in love with a personality rather than a breed. There will be dogs of all shapes, sizes and colors there. You can start playing with them and I'm sure you'll know when its the right one.

Good luck!

micki76
12-23-2002, 10:46 AM
This link was posted in another thread. It may help you.

www.ivillage.com/pets/tools/...stions/dog/size

slleipnir
12-23-2002, 07:04 PM
I saw a show one, it said Golden Retrievers are excellent family pets, they always want to be where you are (what dog doesnt) they're good with kids and adults, if you like long walks, so do they, if you just feel like lazing in the house, they love that too. My lab/GR is a lap dog sometimes herself :D

Twisterdog
12-23-2002, 10:36 PM
I would recommend you start visiting animal shelters, and look for the perfect mixed breed to bring home. You will be saving a life.