PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Gary (Catmandu)

cassiesmom
06-16-2017, 12:26 PM
One of the threads that got lost in the server outage was the one about Gary's (Catmandu) health. He had stopped posting several months ago and it turns out he had to go to the hospital. I don't have a new update to report; I just wanted to share that Karen had been passing along updates as she received them, so please PM or e-mail her. I have him on my mind because Father's Day is coming and he was such a caring pawpie to his kitties.

Thank you,
Elyse (cassiesmom)

Karen
06-16-2017, 05:26 PM
I, just yesterday got a message from Gary through his friend Dale. He has been ready the threads on Pet Talk, but could not remember his password now that he has a computer available again. So I was sent a signed piece of paper requesting a password change, and have done that. So he may being posting again soon.

cats4ever
06-16-2017, 06:31 PM
I hope we get to hear from Gary soon. I always enjoyed reading his posts.

Catty1
06-16-2017, 08:36 PM
I, just yesterday got a message from Gary through his friend Dale. He has been ready the threads on Pet Talk, but could not remember his password now that he has a computer available again. So I was sent a signed piece of paper requesting a password change, and have done that. So he may being posting again soon.

That is GREAT news! Thanks, Karen!:D

tatsxxx11
06-17-2017, 02:16 PM
What great news!!! Thank you Karen! I've so missed Gary's presence here on PT; such a kind and gentle, carng soul!

Randi
06-17-2017, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the good news, Karen. I hope Gary is feling better and coming back to post soon.

Does anyone know what happened to his kitties? Hope they are safe, too!

Catty1
06-17-2017, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the good news, Karen. I hope Gary is feling better and coming back to post soon.

Does anyone know what happened to his kitties? Hope they are safe, too!

If I remember correctly, they all found homes. One of Gary's neighbours said he would take over one of the outdoor furbabies. :love:

phesina
06-17-2017, 08:36 PM
All but one have gotten good loving homes. Phil, the neighbor, is going to spread the word about Molly, the remaining one, needing a home. He did adopt one but can't take another because he has 3 cats now and one of his original cats is very upset about the new cat.

Molly has been boarding for free at The Pampered Feline, but Chris, the owner, may be closing down before long because of health problems so we need to find a home for Molly and she's a very timid, nervous cat.

I wish I could take her! But there is a strict 2-pet limit in my apartment complex, and I have two cats. They could (and would) evict me if I got caught with more.

Anyone reading this who might consider adopting Molly or know of someone who might? It would be so good to have all of Gary's cats in wonderful loving homes!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Catty1
06-17-2017, 10:24 PM
I know someone who lives near Hamilton and loves animals. She may well know of someone who would love Molly.

Do you know anything about her Pat? Is she a tabby? Approximate age?

I'll contact my friend on FB.

phesina
06-18-2017, 05:19 AM
That's great, Candace! I'll find out.

Thank you!

Pat :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

phesina
06-19-2017, 01:09 PM
Here is info on Molly. She's beautiful!

Pat

--------->
The vet estimated that Molly was born in 2010. She’s black and white, medium length hair and very, very timid. She’s spayed, all shots up to date and in good health. She eats Science Diet Sensitive Stomach dry food and a bit of canned food (she likes the cheap stuff, like Friskies, which is not very healthy, but she won’t eat the good stuff, so she only gets a bit).

---------------

I also got sent three pictures of her (she's gorgeous with fluffy black and white fur!), but I cannot get them to upload to PT here!

Karen
06-19-2017, 01:12 PM
Here is info on Molly. She's beautiful!

Pat

--------->
The vet estimated that Molly was born in 2010. She’s black and white, medium length hair and very, very timid. She’s spayed, all shots up to date and in good health. She eats Science Diet Sensitive Stomach dry food and a bit of canned food (she likes the cheap stuff, like Friskies, which is not very healthy, but she won’t eat the good stuff, so she only gets a bit).

--------

I also got sent three pictures of her (she's gorgeous with fluffy black and white fur!), but I cannot get them to upload to PT here!

Email the pictures to me, I will post them for you!

Karen
06-19-2017, 05:17 PM
Molly's pictures:

phesina
06-19-2017, 05:22 PM
Thanks, Karen. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

tatsxxx11
06-19-2017, 05:31 PM
Molly's pictures:

She's beautiful!!!

Freedom
06-23-2017, 05:25 PM
Oh my what a wonderful thread! Brought tears to my eyes! And dear Molly, please know that many folks are trying hard to get a good home for you, pretty girl.

Catty1
06-24-2017, 11:34 PM
I've reposted the information and pictures on Facebook and tagged a few people I know in the area. At least two are cat owners.

Will keep my fingers crossed for sweet Molly. <3

Catty1
07-06-2017, 07:08 PM
I've had no luck finding a home for Molly.

I haven't posted it on Pet Talkers yet, so will give that a whirl. I know we have at least one member in Montreal, and she may know other people in Ontario.

Catty1
07-13-2017, 05:08 PM
The notice, with pictures, is now posted on FB.

phesina
07-13-2017, 05:25 PM
Thanks, Candace. I hope Molly will find the Purrrfect home!

cassiesmom
07-20-2017, 02:50 PM
Gary's birthday is August 3- I found a birthday card to send him with a cute cat picture on the front. Mayor Karen, I've misplaced his address so I'll e-mail you for that.

phesina
07-22-2017, 03:14 PM
Thanks, Elyse, for the reminder about Gary's birthday on Aug. 3. I'm going to be sure and send him a card too.

Karen
07-22-2017, 09:53 PM
His address is:

Gary Tweedle
St. Joseph Health Care Hamilton
Harbor North 1
100 West Fifth Avenue
Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3K7
Canada

phesina
08-03-2017, 04:43 AM
Happy Birthday, GARY!!!!!
http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=48825&d=1236803272

Kirsten
08-13-2017, 01:24 PM
I was just thinking of Gary the other day, hope he's doing well and not missing his cats too much!

phesina
12-06-2017, 05:39 PM
WONDERFUL NEWS!... Gary's cat Molly has found a new Furrrever home!!!

I started a new thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=189288